Login

russian armor

Volley Fire, from "I WIN" to "I LOSE"

5 Jul 2014, 10:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I tried all day to find a situation where this ability had any benefit to me, and not once did it go my way. If you use the ability you expect it to do something, as of now it simply gets the squad wasted in a flash.
5 Jul 2014, 10:14 AM

RE has been overnerfed so much, I don't know how this squad can be useful, it sadly cant do anything useful, only repairing but all tank crew can repair so...
5 Jul 2014, 13:42 PM

While I agree that this nerf probably went a bit too far, I think it's not bad. The ability still has uses, though they are fewer and more challenging than the previous instant-win for a fight. Anyone able to find uses for it now should have a field day should that ability get buffed again. If you want a few hints:
It's not intended as a 1 vs 1 fight winner, but for example 1 RE and 1 Riflemen can still have a good time vs 1 Volks and 1 Sturmpio. Besides that it still makes sure that the RE win all 1v1 fights with other builder units (except Sturmpios). Another good use for it is in buildings.
Still, I think the ability needs some minor buffs. Overall it's in a better spot than it was previously though. Rear Echelon have a weapon that's similar to Pio one (bit worse though, but Pios are also more expensive), can crew Fighting Pits and have the fastest repair rate per cost. A 5 men squad of Vet2 RE repairs almost as fast as 3 Pio squads.
5 Jul 2014, 15:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I am not sure I agree with that tho, you shouldn't pay 20 munitions to get your squad receive more damage just to trade an ability that, at the moment, doesn't even suppress (or, when it does, you are usually forced to retreat your squad). Paying a cost means you should get something worth that cost and now this is not the case.

Even if it was free, I would still never use it considering the malus received. I might have considered it worth if it would have suppressed units slightly worse than before for a cost (that could have been either 20munitions or 50% received accuracy malus).
5 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Making the ability free and keeping it as it is would be interesting. The 50% received accuracy would be a decent trade off in certain situations, and it would ensure the ability gets some use.
5 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overnerfed, just give it a slightly supression increase.
The problem of doing too many different nerfs at the same time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★