Login

russian armor

Infantry Support gun one-shotting squads

7 Jul 2014, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 23:03 PMand

I can't handle it. It bleeds me out all game. I mean, if there were a way to counter it, but there isn't. If you somehow manage to surprise the OKW player and flank the ISG, the lack of teardown and fast movement speed makes it impossible to kill.

It is far from impossible to kill. Tanks or flamers kill it in seconds. Grenades too.

Shooting it with riflemen is obviously not going to work amazingly well though.

16 Jul 2014, 01:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I feel this unit is too easy to use. Let it sit near you med truck and it will damage and reliable kill infantry. Its a no brainer unit.
I get that all mortars are like that in a sense but the good range of the ISG makes it a bit excessive.
So I propose to change the behavious to that of atguns. It only targets unit in the arc and it wont turn around to new targets outside the arc. the damage can be reduced as well so it doesnt kill support weapons as fast but I dotn feel that is too big of a issue
16 Jul 2014, 01:24 AM

The weapon got destroyed, repair ur shit.
nee
16 Jul 2014, 01:31 AM

IMO i find the infantry gun rather unreliable; unless you have good scout/sight and in a very favourable position, it can often either post a threat to your own men, or shoot in a manner that more often gives itself a way to return fire and being hunted down. What with the way units are designed in terms of cost and ability, the OKW aren't great in fortifying an area and having a few infantry guns provide howitzer support effectively. Of course player aptitude and map design often factors into this.
16 Jul 2014, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 01:31 AMnee
IMO i find the infantry gun rather unreliable; unless you have good scout/sight

Spotlight halftrack is built from the same building for a reason.
and
16 Jul 2014, 02:01 AM

It is far from impossible to kill. Tanks or flamers kill it in seconds. Grenades too.

Shooting it with riflemen is obviously not going to work amazingly well though.

By the time you get tanks it will be well supported and you will have no chance to get near it. US does not get flamers except doctrinal.

A nice flank with grenades should be its #1 early game counter. Problem is it seems to pack up and move way faster than other mortars, making it easily dodge grenades.

Another counter should be getting your own gun and counter barraging it, problem is the US pack gun is horrible.
16 Jul 2014, 02:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 02:01 AMand

Another counter should be getting your own gun and counter barraging it, problem is the US pack gun is horrible.

Far from.
16 Jul 2014, 08:02 AM

How about moving units about as to not let them be zeroed in by indirect-fire units? Or I don't know, flank them and kill it. (preferably with fire.)
barring that you don't have to kill it, just force it to move back from the front.

Skirmishing and harassing might not wipe or kill units but they do a damn good job of removing any support unit from the main battle for a couple of minutes at a time.

Just like capping fuel and cut-offs with engies/pios. Sure you might not hold it but it'll cost 30 or more fuel each time.

If they have the cannon locked down with MGs, well good, thats 1000mps not spent on frontline units, but 420mp fireing and 480mp doing nothing but covering it.
16 Jul 2014, 10:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

How about moving units about as to not let them be zeroed in by indirect-fire units? Or I don't know, flank them and kill it. (preferably with fire.)
barring that you don't have to kill it, just force it to move back from the front.

How far back do you want them to force them with their insane range, it doesnt matter much

If they have the cannon locked down with MGs, well good, thats 1000mps not spent on frontline units, but 420mp fireing and 480mp doing nothing but covering it.

Med truck is usually halfway between middle and base. Mgs can easily lock down important points while also covering the ISG.
16 Jul 2014, 10:18 AM

Spotlight halftrack is built from the same building for a reason.

still unreliable. support guns like mortars sometimes can be real gamebreaker or do nothing courtesy of the rng god
16 Jul 2014, 10:22 AM

1. Far enough to not be really accurate. Just them moving is saving you troops.

2. Still those MGs are not impacting the main battle and are quite worthless, you have an advantage in MP. Troops in battle will move often, negating the effectiveness of the indirect-fire.

16 Jul 2014, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 07:36 AMCruzz

You do realize that you see the gun health under the unit portrait now?

i hope they add it to the 3d map too
16 Jul 2014, 10:41 AM

I believe the maxim gun itself (even when fully repaired) can be one shotted. i've had this happen to a fresh maxim. And btw it's not just the maxims the isg wipes squads better than an isu.
16 Jul 2014, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 10:41 AMMJM1987
I believe the maxim gun itself (even when fully repaired) can be one shotted. i've had this happen to a fresh maxim. And btw it's not just the maxims the isg wipes squads better than an isu.

It can't, unless your using sturmtiger.
16 Jul 2014, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 10:52 AMKatitof

It can't, unless your using sturmtiger.

just imagine having the sturmtiger 380mm as an ISG :O the sheer thought of it gives me a massive nazi hard-on
16 Jul 2014, 10:58 AM

Is it just that people spamming maxims are having trouble with facing their hardcounter?
16 Jul 2014, 11:52 AM

Far from.

lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment