Login

russian armor

Infantry Support gun one-shotting squads

4 Jul 2014, 05:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2vDK38vG5U&feature=youtu.be

This is the second time in two days I've had a full health Maxim squad one-shotted by the infantry support gun. Is this intended or is this a bug?
4 Jul 2014, 05:20 AM

And?

I've had numerous conscript squads one shooted by ost mortar before WFA, yet I didn't rushed the forums to complain.

Thats how indirect fire weapons work.

But since your vid is private, I'll take a wild bet and say that weapon got destroyed because you didn't repaired it.
4 Jul 2014, 05:26 AM

The infantry support gun appears to have laser accuracy. I have yet to have a squad one shotted with it but the accuracy is really damn good.
4 Jul 2014, 05:34 AM

It's likely that the maxim crew was bunched up, anything will oneshot it in that case.
4 Jul 2014, 05:34 AM

It might be the gun that is breaking? Gotta repair your weapon crews as the game goes on. Broken weapon = all squad members running off the field.
4 Jul 2014, 06:05 AM

...Now they're whining about the infantry gun....
I'm curious what OKW vehicle / infantry unit / weapon will remain untouched by whiners in the end. Will they ever understand that OKW was designed to be technically superior in almost every feature while suffering from income shortages? Even in the faction's description before WFA release, this thing was underlined several times.
If you dislike this and that, I think you should post a Topic: "remove OKW from COH2", and keep just 3 factions. It would be much fair than cripple this one and remove its uniqueness, because this will happend if everybody will keep whining. I really don't want a new PAPER ELITE in this game.
4 Jul 2014, 06:19 AM

...Now they're whining about the infantry gun....
I'm curious what OKW vehicle / infantry unit / weapon will remain untouched by whiners in the end. Will they ever understand that OKW was designed to be technically superior in almost every feature while suffering from income shortages? Even in the faction's description before WFA release, this thing was underlined several times.
If you dislike this and that, I think you should post a Topic: "remove OKW from COH2", and keep just 3 factions. It would be much fair than cripple this one and remove its uniqueness, because this will happend if everybody will keep whining. I really don't want a new PAPER ELITE in this game.

next up, WALKING FUCKING STUKA.

seriously, why talk about infantry support guns when there's this thing around. 1 shotting support teams and leveling buildings on demand.
4 Jul 2014, 06:25 AM

And?

I've had numerous conscript squads one shooted by ost mortar before WFA, yet I didn't rushed the forums to complain.

Thats how indirect fire weapons work.

But since your vid is private, I'll take a wild bet and say that weapon got destroyed because you didn't repaired it.

The video is public now. Ost mortars only squad wipe if bunched up, and my MG wasn't bunched up.
4 Jul 2014, 06:46 AM
Donator 33

Your crew wasn't one-shotted. The gun ran out of health. When the weapon dies, the whole crew goes with it.
4 Jul 2014, 06:49 AM

Another "feature" that needs to be added to the list, bar below the squad health bar that shows the remaining health of the support weapon.
4 Jul 2014, 06:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 05:11 AMMedman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2vDK38vG5U&feature=youtu.be

This is the second time in two days I've had a full health Maxim squad one-shotted by the infantry support gun. Is this intended or is this a bug?

sorry to see you cant just spam maxims to lock down whole map and go to kitchen to make some tea
4 Jul 2014, 07:36 AM

Another "feature" that needs to be added to the list, bar below the squad health bar that shows the remaining health of the support weapon.

You do realize that you see the gun health under the unit portrait now?
4 Jul 2014, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 06:46 AMOMGPOP
Your crew wasn't one-shotted. The gun ran out of health. When the weapon dies, the whole crew goes with it.

QFT
The crew isn't that bunched up allowing being one shot by that shell, it is the shell destroying the maxim.

In COH logic, if the weapon is destroyed, the crew must suicide. But it is only historic accurate to Japs. -_-
4 Jul 2014, 07:56 AM

sorry to see you cant just spam maxims to lock down whole map and go to kitchen to make some tea

You can check my units in the upper right, I had 2 maxims. Is that spam? If anybody's "going to the kitchen to make some tea" it's OKW with their forward bases letting the support guns rapid fire all around them.
4 Jul 2014, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 06:46 AMOMGPOP

Thanks for clearing that up.
4 Jul 2014, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 07:56 AMMedman

You can check my units in the upper right, I had 2 maxims. Is that spam? If anybody's "going to the kitchen to make some tea" it's OST with their forward bases letting the support guns rapid fire all around them.

yes because support guns are free to spawn so everyone abuse them.

you should seriously play some okw on your own to see how different this faction is, and how difficult it is early/midgame. and isg is the only way to handle garrisons and weapon crews. in later game you could get a stuka but it would gimp your AT hard way. isg costs 400 manpower, and repositioning your maxims would totally negate it.

okw is all about making choices about which unit you will build. if you make a wrong one its pretty gg, this faction leaves little to no room for mistakes.

And I find okw as the most fun faction to play right now, because its the only one that doesnt encourage spam.
4 Jul 2014, 09:20 AM

That's what you get when you go support weapon heavy against OKW.
In my opinion it works as intended.
You should be glad he didn't build Walking Stuka as he would have taken both of these Maxims at once.
4 Jul 2014, 09:52 AM

Infantry gun is OP like hell, laser accuracy, can wipe vet squads in one shot, same speed when moving that normal infantry so it is hard to catch up... OKW is just sitting and spamming inf guns and AT
4 Jul 2014, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 09:52 AMfranko
Infantry gun is OP like hell, laser accuracy, can wipe vet squads in one shot, same speed when moving that normal infantry so it is hard to catch up... OKW is just sitting and spamming inf guns and AT

On the other hand it is very easy to destroy it because you can't retreat it as you would do with Mortars.
4 Jul 2014, 10:29 AM

On the other hand it is very easy to destroy it because you can't retreat it as you would do with Mortars.

I will be supported and in same time US arty is not so accurate so arty vs arty and OKW wins.
It needs to have less dmg or worse accuracy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★