Login

russian armor

World of Jagdtiger Online

4 Jul 2014, 10:29 AM

How to deal with the JT (from bigrat's experince and perspective)

1)The JT is a very expensive unit and if the OkW players gets a puma or jagp4 to hold for it---> your best strategy is to try and overwhelm him with 2 or more tanks and force him to spend more fuel to vehicle AT or lose.

2)If your facing a JT then what i recommend it take out the JT support AT units. In my experience i find HEAVY ARTY works best against strategies that center around the JT, simply because having a JT in your army core makes your army more in the immobile defensive role. So my strategy of attack goes like this:

First get some Heavy arty (priest/bl152mm) and move in with your *vetted* infantry first in a way where you can see how the frontline is going to shape out but not have to force retreat most of them after 5 seconds of combat, once you see where the enemy units are positioning, arty their SUPPORT AT (not the JT itself!!!!!!) and pushing with your infantry to deal damage. Once you have cleared enough where you judge it safe, move in with 2 or more tanks and flank the JT. It useful to have your tanks out of the opponents sight (means not shooting at them) before you move them in. The element of surprise is very powerful, use it to your advantage.

3)Its important to predict when a JT is going to hit the field, things to be on the lookout for is units in the JT doc (and units not in the JT doc as well, such as the mg 34 =]). Also when your flanking the JT, DONT over extend yourself, if you know the flanks going to fail and you are going to lose your tanks PULL OUT immediately you never know when RNG is going to go your way (or the opponents parents come in to beat the kid for staying up too late =])
LAST AND THE MOST IMPORTANT LITTLE TID BIT: the JT is mini stunned everytime a shot penetrates its armor, this makes it extremely rewarding to flank. And don't give the JT FREE VET that means be VERY aware where your positioning your tanks and where the JT is probably positioning itself.

I understand that the JT might be an imposing unit to face off against but its also extremely satisfying to flank and destroy (trust personal experience talking here :D)

Hope my experience and strategy either helps you beat the JT or helps you make your own strategies to counter it. GL HF

PS. Saying things like "Soviet players can't do this" or "German players can't do that" isn't contributing to the conversation in any way. Please if you want other players to see from your point of view, understand from theirs as well and construct your argument around the two instead of attacking them directly or indirectly. If you don't want to put the effort into making argument that appeals to both sides that keep your opinion to yourself. You got give respect to receive it.
4 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

Wow. This thread.
We played enough 3v and 4v to know that its get massed 100 out of 101 times.
Yes we play soviet, no we are not a couple of fanboys but simply want to address the problem that is now appearent in 3v and 4v.
Its not about a counter or not,We really do know how to counter it. Its about the ability to mass that is absolutely not good for the gameplay.
4 Jul 2014, 10:52 AM

Exactly, in a 3v3 / 4v4 , dont play these modes while expecting them to be properly balanced. Balance is done for 1v1 / 2v2 and thats perfectly fine. 3v3 or 4v4 are just a mess.

The game offers both 3v3 en 4v4. Its not a good argument to just say yeah right teamgames are fucked up so hey lets not talk about it or lets not play these modes.
4 Jul 2014, 10:58 AM

Wow. This thread.
Yes we play soviet, no we are not a couple of fanboys but simply want to address the problem that is now appearent in 3v and 4v.

What changes would you propose to make this unit balanced in all the game modes. Meaning its viable to both win with this unit and lose with this unit and that the risk are proportionality to the rewards?

You cant increase its price too much cause its near the reach of unattainable in smaller game modes (1v1,2v2).

Just thinking about it is hard =/
4 Jul 2014, 11:39 AM

The game offers both 3v3 en 4v4. Its not a good argument to just say yeah right teamgames are fucked up so hey lets not talk about it or lets not play these modes.

But these modes cannot be properly balanced. When you look at 1v1's for example, you can balance things easily because its just two players with two faction.

The factors add up the bigger gamemode you play. 4v4's has so many factors and possibilites that its not possible to properly balance it. Its just how it is. Dont expect 3v3's or 4v4's to be as fair and competetive as lets say 1v1's or even 2v2's.
4 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

But these modes cannot be properly balanced. When you look at 1v1's for example, you can balance things easily because its just two players with two faction.

The factors add up the bigger gamemode you play. 4v4's has so many factors and possibilites that its not possible to properly balance it. Its just how it is. Dont expect 3v3's or 4v4's to be as fair and competetive as lets say 1v1's or even 2v2's.

Doesnt mean we should stop looking at them and thinking of ways to improve them
4 Jul 2014, 11:52 AM
Patrion 14

basically a cop out.
4 Jul 2014, 12:02 PM

Game cannot be ballanced since armies have different units and We have RNG in charge.

But its not fair that OKW player can focus single key unit , push-pull-repair and repeat while USA must micro like crazy. Super units simply kill strategy parts or this game , because there is no more thinking , just luck and risk.

In 4v4 random I jump into top1 OKW and top8 USA position , and after games with friends and matched ppl : jagdtiger is OP and blow gameplay.

You can talk about counters , but good player know how to avoid it , with proper teamwork its instawin.

I really like USF army , that require micro , thinking , flanking , and work only in mass. But dont know who was so retarded and create OKW with all this super units (KT , JT , SzF , Obers with lazer stg) , sWS (now kubel pin sWS pushing)
4 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM

Look at the War Game series and tell me games with multiple armies are impossible to balance. 10 factions? and 10 vs 10 gamemodes.

The entire problem with this particular unit is the same that used to be with Tiger Ace and the ISU-152. It is a singular win or lose unit, an end unit or boss unit if you'd like.

Having these kinds of units does not promote good playing and a tactical mindset combined with good overlook and micro. It is a no brainer. In that it requires the player to just hold out until it hits the field.

I believe that putting any such unit in a games is always detrimental to the game.
Some of the best games I've had have been when no side has gotten these boss units, and instead relying on Pz-IV, Panthers, Tigers, SU-85s, T-34-85s and T-34/76s. Those games are the most fun because they are hard for both sides and you know just as fast as your brain is going the enemies brain is equally under a strain.

That is fun, that is what I think a lot of people want. Do we really want games where one side is static and the other side have to come up with a good tactic and combine that with execution in order to win, while the static side can go get a coffee whilst it plays out?

(Have done that a couple of times with the old ISU.)

Just don't keep adding Boss units and balance is fine. Lower the cost of the Jagdtiger, lower either its pen or dmg but keep the range and it'll still fill its role nicely, but it won't be a Boss unit anymore. Just like how the Ele, ISU and TA are now considered strong units but not boss units.
4 Jul 2014, 13:21 PM

Look at the War Game series and tell me games with multiple armies are impossible to balance. 10 factions? and 10 vs 10 gamemodes.

And let's not forget a slightly popular game called Starcraft which has balanced 3 Factions for 1v1 through 4v4 for years.

Just because people don't play 1v1, doesn't mean they're not entitled to balanced games. Maybe then answer is to scale unit costs or pop cap based on the size of the game?

I'm sure it is doable to completely balance the game for any size of match.
4 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM

Wow. This thread.
Its not about a counter or not,We really do know how to counter it. Its about the ability to mass that is absolutely not good for the gameplay.

What you should do is play as OKW and see what other teams do to counter it. This will:

A - give you some ideas on how to handle it
B - give you some perspective on the problem. Maybe it's not the Jagdtiger at fault but you.

Your 3v3/4v4 win-loss ratio as allies is high. This can mean 1 thing:

Previously you were enjoying easy wins and now you are suffering defeats because of changes to the mechanics. This you claim is imbalance.

To decide how right you are, we look to your perspective: The OP is a clan member and your favourite faction is Soviets and suddenly finding it less easy to win.

Your perspective is skewed, your opinion is biased. Play more OKW.

4 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM

And let's not forget a slightly popular game called Starcraft which has balanced 3 Factions for 1v1 through 4v4 for years.

You have never played SC, right?

It was just as imbalanced in 4v4 as all other RTS games that go for compatitive 1v1s.
4 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

3vs3 and 4vs4 can be perfectly balanced if they would have separate price table

as for JT, remove shooting trough buildings, just do it
4 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

Your perspective is skewed, your opinion is biased. Play more OKW.

Again, it is not about us not winning as much nor having a harder time winning, neither have any one of us stated that the Jagdtiger is not possible to counter. The problem is that it is a Boss unit and stuff like that need to go.

Spent most of yesterday playing with it and it is a no brainer unit that takes a lot less skill to handle than other units.

All this unit is doing is exactly like previous boss units, the ele in a way, the ISU and the un-patched TA, it grants a player not having good micro or tactics the ability to in an easy way beat somebody out of their skillrange, and that does not promote good playing.

4 Jul 2014, 13:59 PM

Yesterday i managed to kill 2 JT at once with 5 SU85, well 4 SU85 died and the last on lucked cuz the JT missed one shoot,but w/e, just rebuild them, sovjet industry rox.

But mostly i play OKW and Wehrmacht, and to put out a JT is rly risky, u just can put it out in time if u dont waste any fuell, hopping that ur mates can handle the mass of t34 and other shit early - mid game.

If u cant beat OKW in 45min and they start calling KT and JT u have done a huge mistake and deserver the lose. OKW have the most powerfull Lategame Units.

I also like to call the Tiger Ace together with the first KT or JT from my mates, if u dont waste this big Ass u allready won....
4 Jul 2014, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 13:59 PMBuggeX

If u cant beat OKW in 45min and they start calling KT and JT u have done a huge mistake and deserver the lose. OKW have the most powerfull Lategame Units.

So if we flip it around, if OKW manages to hold on, even if it is just by their fingernails, for 45 minutes they deserve to win?

Or we have a game that is balanced even in greater matches. I fail to see any great imbalance playing Wehrmacht in larger matches, when non of my mates brings out the JT, and those games are often more fun. It is a crutch to lean on that the faction doesn't need.

P.S. The new German faction is going for really powerful late-game units, wow real original thinking Relic, that's not the forth time at all.
4 Jul 2014, 14:23 PM

So if we flip it around, if OKW manages to hold on, even if it is just by their fingernails, for 45 minutes they deserve to win?

Or we have a game that is balanced even in greater matches. I fail to see any great imbalance playing Wehrmacht in larger matches, when non of my mates brings out the JT, and those games are often more fun. It is a crutch to lean on that the faction doesn't need.

P.S. The new German faction is going for really powerful late-game units, wow real original thinking Relic, that's not the forth time at all.

OKW need to "waste" fuell early-mid Game to stand vs the t34 and sherman spam. the jp4 cost 125 (somthing like this) fuell and the puma 80. And with this, safeing up 300 fuell is the most hardest thing, if u risk not to waste 125 fuell for the jp4 u prop. lose with the lack of AT, and they just invade ur base.

and no, u dont lose right after they call the first KT or JT, u just could easy rush them with all ur tanks and wipe them out, yes also u will lose a hand full tanks, but u just can rebuild them easy. OKW lost 300 fuell and 800 MP for nothing and THIS hurt extrem

4 Jul 2014, 20:00 PM

YEs Buggex that is correct, for 1v1 and 2v2...

However in 3v3 and 4v4, and the OP states clearly that this is what we are discussing in this thread, the OKW can focus heavily on AI whilst the Wehrmacht focuses on AT, saving up the fuel and get out 2 JT each, then it is a problem.

And sure you might get one of them in a coordinated attack but with 3 more JT all your forces are wiped and well its not easy to bring everything back.
4 Jul 2014, 20:18 PM

Again, it is not about us not winning as much nor having a harder time winning, neither have any one of us stated that the Jagdtiger is not possible to counter. The problem is that it is a Boss unit and stuff like that need to go.

Spent most of yesterday playing with it and it is a no brainer unit that takes a lot less skill to handle than other units.

All this unit is doing is exactly like previous boss units, the ele in a way, the ISU and the un-patched TA, it grants a player not having good micro or tactics the ability to in an easy way beat somebody out of their skillrange, and that does not promote good playing.

This I agree with!

Tone them all the hell down I say. But start with ISU, not with Jagd.

ISU is more of a no-brainer unit. At least Jagd can only kill Tanks. But yeah, tone them both down, I agree, no boss units.
5 Jul 2014, 00:45 AM

I got a positive response from Peter Qumsieh regarding making it possible to use the Sherman smoke barrage on the move, which currently is mostly useless as the range isn't that great and you have to stop to fire it.

Once you have 2-3 Sherman's creating a massive cloud, it will be much easier to flank or just gangbang the super tanks with attack ground inside the cloud.

I can't wait to see this, I hope it happens next patch. it will be both visually very impressive and add a whole new element to the game.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS