Login

russian armor

Okw Infantry support gun needs a buff?

1 Jul 2014, 09:14 AM

For it being 420 MP it doesn't do much except on direct hits, especially vs garrisons and it is the easiest "anti garrison" unit to get.

Suggest it gets buffed some how vs garrisons, or a tiny bit more splash.

Thoughts?
1 Jul 2014, 09:20 AM

A tiny bit more splash maybe, or a tiny cost decrease.
1 Jul 2014, 09:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I think its rather effective at what it does, and can even damage tanks with its shell.
1 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM

No way! I've had many games where it did consistent damage, even wiping 4-5 man squads in one hit... It all depends on the RNG gods I guess. The pack howitzer on the other hand I'm getting really unlucky with, usually getting 4-7 kills over a 20-30 min game.
1 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM

I find the old scott is much more reliable than the pak howie, if you can afford it.
1 Jul 2014, 17:37 PM

I find it quite situational, not really worth grabbing unless your enemy has a few support weapons or is being campy, but in the right situation it is devastating, and also comes from the same building as the IR halftrack, which is quite reasonable and really unlocks the field guns potential.
1 Jul 2014, 17:40 PM

If you can get it fairly early it will be a real annoyance to your enemy as it's quite consistent in dealing damage over time, at least in 2v2

It might not be as good in 1v1?
1 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

I find it extremely effective, sick range and pretty accurate.
1 Jul 2014, 18:58 PM
Patrion 310

I don't feel it needs a buff, can do really nice damage and once it gets the vet ability, does ok against vehicles as well considering.

One thing I have noticed which I find strange, the OKW gun can attack ground at the same range as the barrage, but the US one has a shorter range on attack ground vs the barrage. I find that rather odd.
1 Jul 2014, 19:28 PM

Yeah I don't believe it needs a buff. It has great range and the smallest grouping of any other indirect support weapon available in the game. I've had great luck using it.
1 Jul 2014, 19:37 PM

It definitely does not need a buff. It can hit a critical mass very fast in a 2v2.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the crew are exceptionally hard to kill?
1 Jul 2014, 19:41 PM

Perhaps its to early to tell but i think its fine the way it is it can come really early if you chose to open with the healing truck instead of the other one but you become more static.

Great range, good damage and the best part in my opinion is it can bring down houses really fast which is something the OKW lacks (no flamethrower, grenades aren't that effective unless you use the doctrinal grenade assault)on maps like semoisky, kolodny it feels really strong.

I use it to tech fast to tier 4 so I can use the panzer II
1 Jul 2014, 21:26 PM

Permanently Banned
I think this weapon is 99% fine, maybe need a buff into the AT Rockets, they dont damage the engine, and doo a very low overall damage (i tested versus a SU85 (the turtle))...

But just a bit buff, or it will be 2op!
2 Jul 2014, 01:18 AM

I think it could use a price decrease but its performance is already pretty good.
2 Jul 2014, 01:21 AM

I dont think infantrygun needs buff.
Because their range is awesome and the crew is very durable. Cuz He is ALWAYS in green cover. Mortars not. It seems like the crew get green cover from the gun itselfs.
I would trade two mortars against one infantry gun.

It definitely does not need a buff. It can hit a critical mass very fast in a 2v2.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the crew are exceptionally hard to kill?

Yeah, the crew is in green cover from the gun itselfs.
2 Jul 2014, 01:25 AM

It seems fine, honestly. Between the barrage ability and it's default fire mechanism it's pretty nice.

2 Jul 2014, 01:32 AM

This is one of the units I think massively over preforms. It has free fire over long range that does really good damage vs infantry and has a barrage that is basically off cooldown by the time it finishes.

It's also got an AT barrage which is surprisingly effective and it gets a massive force multiplier when the infra-red searchlight half-track comes out.

It's expensive, so more of a late game unit in 1v1 but in 2v2 it runs the show.
2 Jul 2014, 01:33 AM

ISG is fucking strong man.
2 Jul 2014, 09:17 AM

It's more so vs Garrisons, it doesn't seem to do any kind of damage to buildings, or the troops inside, unless it direct hits the troops, unlike mortars that as long as they hit the building they will deal splash and a fair amount of damage to buildings.

That and it seems the gun does not arc over shot blockers correctly now, in the alpha it almost never used to hit sight blockers - Mostly buildings.

Now it the gun is behind a building, especially on a barrage, it will 9 times out of 10 hit the building, and by behind I building I mean 1-2 tank lengths behind a building.

It is almost a direct fire weapon now that needs clear line of sight.

Most likely why it's hitting so often now as it'll have that direct line of fire. I'd like it to get its arcing back but at a penalty to accuracy/scatter
2 Jul 2014, 09:32 AM

no buff needed imo. if you manage to get a 2-3 of them during a game (which shouldnt be too hard if you limit your inf to volks and maybe 1 ober/falls) youre able to deny alot of territory and even kill medium tanks with them.
especially on langreskaya south theyre almost OP.
if anything they need to fix their vet. most of the vet boni dont work at all (more shots per barrage, etc)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★