Login

russian armor

effective OKW strat

1 Jul 2014, 02:29 AM

So I see a lot of people complaining about OKW beeing kinda flawed....while i tend to agree with this , I have been having success with a particular build I thought Id share.

It is basically a slight variation of Col.Shepards Luffwafe lockdown build, see that one here : http://www.coh2.org/guides/19083/luftwaffe-lockdown-a-guide-to-1v1-okw

Using Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine.

Unit Build Order :

-Volksgren
-Volksgren
-Sturmpioneer(yes a second one)

-Place and build Battlegroup Headquarters

-MG34
-MG34
-7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun
-AT Gun

-2nd 7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun

Build Panzer HQ (tier4)

-2nd AT Gun
-Obersoldaten Troops (I usually skip luftwafe in exange of a second Obersoldaten, but this is optional)

-Panther
-Panther

I will not go into great detail as Col.Shep has covered most of the aspects of this build, but to resume....

In early game, Keep your squads close, use your 2 Sturmpioneers in tandem,used properly they will decimate most early game Infantry vs Russians and US. Be weary of MGS, try not to bunch up your squads so you can always flank. Do not waste Sturmpioneers needlessly retreat right away if you judge you cant win a fight as they cost a LOT to reinforce and this may hurt early.

Protect at least one of the fuels.

Find a foward area to build your medic truck (on Minks Pocket for example I build right on fuel point) and always bring your squads there to heal. This is where you will place your 2 AT guns and your 2 Artillery guns.

The Artillery Guns (7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun) are actually quite effective especially when you have 2. Micro them well. They are the key to dislodging enemy MGS and Mortars.

Use your 2 MG34S aggressively to cap and hold territory, micro here is key to NOT lose them.

GET PANZERSHRECKS ON BOTH VOLKSSQUADS ASAP!!! Other munis should be spent on well places Mines (key to hold off mid game vehicles) and Grenades when dislodging MGS.

Do not fight heavily armored vehicles away from your AT guns.

Continue the build as mentioned in buildorder above until you secure enough fuel for 1st Panther. DO NOT be too aggressive with the first Panther....it will die quickly. Use it to poke and prod and hold territory.

You may build the tier 3 truck to add a repair station to your foward base if you feel comfortable. If not your 2 sturmpios will repair anything very quickly.

Get second Panther.

Win.

This has been the one build working for me. It seems strong early game (probably because of Sturmpioneers and MGS combo) , but can be harder in the mid game. Once first Panther is out, all is well again. I always love MG play, so this suits me, and combine with the 2 arti guns this can be quite deadly. Also Sturmpioneers are VERY strong.

Hope this helps, I will try to post my replays soon. Hopefully we can make this OKM team work!

Replays:

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19500/effective-okw-strat

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19501/effective-okw-strat-2

1 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

How does it work against the Flak halftrack at 5 minutes?
1 Jul 2014, 15:41 PM

You are right ...that is definitely the biggest problem you will encounter using this strat. That said a combination of Volks with PShrecks and AT gun can be effective. But its not gonna be easy.

Ive found that a Puma seems the best way to counter the Flak HT. I would react with that even if it diverts from the strat. Build tier 3 instead and replace the first Panther with a Jagdpanzer.

Pumas and Jagd together can easily replace Panthers, specially vs US because they lack Heavy Armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 522

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment