Login

russian armor

What are your build orders?

29 Jun 2014, 18:14 PM

Just curious how everyone else is playing the faction. Here's what I've been doing:

Immediately start building medic van. Use it to go cap a relatively distant resource point of value. Follow up with two rifle men and then the grenade upgrade from HQ. After that I like to get a third riflemen and then a lieutenant. While lieutenant is building I research bars, and ideally he'll pick up a second BAR when he spawns (making him a fucking brutal DPS machine) Then I get the scout car thingy or a machine gun.

After that it varies a lot. I like to paradrop an AT gun in if it's OKW and push him with the machine gun and the AT gun to try and kill any forward trucks. I prefer to get a major at this point and have him chill out in a forward position with the medic van and serve as a forward staging point. Then I go for a Sherman, but my late game is still iffy.

Haven't played enough Wehrmacht players to know how this holds up against them in the mid game. Might be better going for the halftrack thing instead of the scout car in that MU. I like Scout car against OKW because they have schrecks on the crew and I like to use the mines.

30 Jun 2014, 09:43 AM

If OKW goes with a fast HT you're pretty fucked, since you haven't any real counter to it. The AT paradrop comes too late i personally prefer 3 rifles and 2 echelon+LT, then HT and then call in the Cap. Imho the ambulance is a must only after the HT/Lt call in.
30 Jun 2014, 15:17 PM

I've been playing around and trying different US strats. Atm I've been favouring armour. I don't get the assault engies since I find that they die too easily to justify the 280 mp cost. I'll go 3 rifles and depnding on how much manpower damage I take I'll go ambulance or 4th rifle or if I have the fuel go for lieutenant. I'll then rush out an AA halftrack if my opponent went flak halftrack. Then I'll go captain and pump out AT guns. I'll switch the crews of the AA halftrack with RE squads and upgrade thompsons. While I'm waiting for cps I'll upgrade bars and grenades and try and keep the Axis blob from going out of control. Late game I'll call in 105mm Shermans or m10s in a pinch to deal with infantry and tanks.

The strength of this is that you have access to captain and LT tech and you can still get armour while skipping the expensive major tech. It's easier to get rifle upgrades too since I find unupgraded rifles just suck without them.

I've been having trouble again though because there's no strong infantry in armour company and the obersoldaten kills the rifles, decrews the AT guns while the panther mops up the armour. If there is no flak halftrack you can try for m20 utility and plant mines. But atm I'm still having a lot of trouble with US since rifles don't scale like they used to in coh1.

30 Jun 2014, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 09:43 AMDeadMan
If OKW goes with a fast HT you're pretty fucked, since you haven't any real counter to it. The AT paradrop comes too late i personally prefer 3 rifles and 2 echelon+LT, then HT and then call in the Cap. Imho the ambulance is a must only after the HT/Lt call in.

I just focus on outplaying him if he gets the half track. Smoke to neuter it, rifle grenade to stun it. Then just focus fire with infantry or use M20 crew.

Usually I manage to hold on just fine against fast HT, but I tend to have trouble in the late game against OKW veteran infantry.
1 Jul 2014, 17:22 PM

I usually go with Riflemen - RE - Riflemen x2, OP fuel or munis (depends on if there is a need for munis for BARS/Bazookas but I usually play infantry commander so the 3cp lmgs are awesome), Captain then AT or stuart.

Depending on how i'm doing i'll either OP again and go for shermans or spend my resources on extended AT/howitzer play
5 Jul 2014, 19:14 PM

I'm finding i need to go captain more often now. need to field gun to break stalemates and the at to help tanks later on.
7 Jul 2014, 00:42 AM

been experimenting with going captain and having one or two of the howitzers if I'm quite comfortable with how the fight is going. Trying to see if theres a way I can incorporate teching and getting howitzers 'early' as i've found they cause me immense grief when the OKW do it.
7 Jul 2014, 02:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

rifles rifles rifles lieutenant utility car works great for me, I almost always manage to get an early advantage doing it. Then I get whatever makes sense from there, usually some machine guns, then a major and shermans.
7 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM

Hello,

I found the Armor doctrine interesting. Assault Engineer a CP0 is interesting because it gives you 3 units really fast.

1 RE
1x rifle and when it comes out, you have enough to call 1x Engineer, so coming simultaneous on the field: Rifle + Engy.

RE go to cap on side map.
Rifle + Engineer chase for fight. I try to engage asap the first german unit. Rifle as main force and Engineer to flank.

Since now, usually my next unit is a 2nd rifle, but I want to try to built 2x RE to increase my fast pushing potential and keep pressuring the ennemi. I don't know if it works.

So to resume:

RE
1x Rifle + Engineer Squad
1x Rifle
1x ambulance
Flammethrower As soon as I have 60 ammo + Upgrade fuel cache
--- If good map control ---
1x lieutnant + MG or halftrak to secure the area.
--- If I didn't secure enough territories ---
1x Commandant + AT gun as a puma or whatever else motorised will reach the field.

EDIT: Many time, the opponent surrenders when the Halftrack hits the field. to be honest if this strat is well done, I don't see how he can come back.
7 Jul 2014, 21:01 PM

right now I go Infantry Company and do a standard build of 3 Rifle Squads to an ambulance. after that I'll either upgrade to grenades/smoke or the Captain. normally if i've been doing well and haven't run into allot of MG's i'' wait and build a Captain. I'll usually spend extra manpower i generate while waiting on reinforcing my squads or building a fuel depot. When the Captain comes out I'll push him up and wait until I have the fuel for a M5A1 Stuart. But if i'm hit by an early puma I just go for a AT gun. I always (unless he is in the middle of capping or fighting off early vehicles) retreat the Captain back to decrease build time at the base. and while he's there i use that ability on both building units as well as unlocking upgrades.
8 Jul 2014, 09:40 AM

3x Rifle -> Ambu -> Grenades -> Fuel Point -> Captain -> Stuart -> AT Gun. Meanwhile I reach 3CP and equip rifle with M1919.
After? Straight for Sherman.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS