Login

russian armor

Ideas for duplicate warspoils

29 Jun 2014, 17:29 PM

Duplicate war spoils are useless and disappointing to get, could we make them useful?

Allow the player to sacrifice duplicates for XP
Allow the player to trade them via steam
Allow the player to bet war spoils in game
Allow the player to convert X war spoils into a new war spoil - katitof
Don't allow duplicates to drop - Korgoth

/wuFF
29 Jun 2014, 17:33 PM

I would rather they not do duplicates altogether. "Turning them in" for more XP is not a bad idea either, though.
29 Jun 2014, 17:34 PM

Or simply allow X number of war spoils to be converted to either a random other drop or specific drop, values to be decided.
29 Jun 2014, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2014, 17:34 PMKatitof
Or simply allow X number of war spoils to be converted to either a random other drop or specific drop, values to be decided.

I like it!
29 Jun 2014, 17:51 PM

Or simply make it so we cant get duplicates... this is silly and serves no purpose oh and while ur at it Relic remove that "delete" option.
29 Jun 2014, 18:05 PM

Trading is the best idea in my point of view.
29 Jun 2014, 19:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

CRAFT (Random war spoil) > TRADES > NO DUPLICATES
29 Jun 2014, 19:09 PM

Pooling three you don't want into a random new item would seem like a good way to deal with eventual inventory glut. Trading is the logical progression of things.
29 Jun 2014, 19:13 PM

Maybe just apply +5 common sense and remove duplications, thus very slightly increasing the chance of people getting 'spoils' they actually want.
29 Jun 2014, 19:19 PM

And then we have a system that becomes obsolete very, very quickly.

Relic have designed it to try and give us things we want over the life span of the game- if we never got duplicates (and the drop rate went up) we'd be finished with the system in a week. We'd also get a lot of paid DLC items I'm sure relic would rather remain a rarity.

If you absolutely must have something, buy it. There are seven commanders you can't buy.

Taken a step further, any extra 'rare' skins or such eventually introduced will lose all value and pride if you just get 1 of everything from the drop system and be done with.

Yes, OKW and USF are thin on the ground, but just wait for DLC to come out for them and you'll be fine.

The only thing removing duplicates would benefit is impatience. Common sense leaves them in.
30 Jun 2014, 10:11 AM

we'd be finished with the system in a week.

Wrong. The current system it would easily take you thousands of hours to get everything. No trading. Duplicates galore. 3 hours of matches (6-8 easily) per 1 common useless drop.

If they upped the rate by 3 times, it would STILL take much longer than grinding bulletins from before because prior to this you knew exactly what to do and how to get it.
30 Jun 2014, 10:33 AM
Donator 33

Arent some players using the same bulletin 2 times to get 2X bonus, if they have the same bulletin twice, like 3% accuracy increase + the same bulletin they have got as War spoils, give them 6% accuracy bonus when you equipt both of them
30 Jun 2014, 10:43 AM

Great ideas!

It so happened that I got the "Spearhead Doctrine" twice now (was not even playing Ostheer). And I already had it anyways... I feel trolled. :snfPeter:

The current system might be great for new players, but for the ones playing since closed beta, chances are very high to get duplicates, yes even triplets in my case.
30 Jun 2014, 11:05 AM

Relic could try to do the same thing as valve do for TF2 and CSGO, a drop ~each hour but a max of drops per week.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★