Login

russian armor

What War Spoils have you won?

PAGES (14)down
6 Jul 2014, 17:11 PM

i forgot to mention that i only farm as OKW yet drops include 2 OST commanders victory strikes for soviet,ost,us and bulletins for us
6 Jul 2014, 17:28 PM

I haven't had much luck either. Faceplate, Arty strike, couple of duplicate/intrinsically useless bulletins. The one ray of light was the Soviet anti-inf commander that not only did I not own but that actually has some utility.
6 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM
Patrion 14

I lost a 3 v 3 after my friend rage-quitted. I click on surrender and get THREE uncommon / rare OKW and Wehr bulletins, one of which was even quite useful.

Still no commanders though.
6 Jul 2014, 20:06 PM

After about 4 hours play i got lightning war commander, spearhead and a paint scheme. all of which i have, FLM.
6 Jul 2014, 21:23 PM

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.

Anyway, tried something more, result was another faceplate i got in a drop before.

Relic is really pissing me off. Give me the old DLC Commanders buyable or release a complete game for god's sake.

6 Jul 2014, 21:44 PM
Patrion 310

Still no commanders but 2 bulletins I already own... :) Yippie relic :).

War spoils war spoils war spoils war spoils war spoils...
7 Jul 2014, 03:38 AM

Polishing off a full list, but for now: Who wants to see my Hall of Duplicates? RNG, what hath you done.

7 Jul 2014, 04:13 AM

Today i got scavange doc + a facplate . just a few hours later .. guess what - the exact same commander and the same faceplate in a single game. them doublicates gettin out of hand.
7 Jul 2014, 07:55 AM

Some of you tried so much and only got vanilla commanders.

Some of you may not get any luck at getting any kind of commanders at all.

And here we have my buddy, 3 fucking same new commanders for US lol ( The one with WC51 car )

7 Jul 2014, 08:45 AM

Yay! I won a bulletin, in about 2 in 3 games! Yay... it's too bad the only bulletins I've gotten so far are doubled up ones of ones I've already had..
Gah...
Giveme some commanders already!
7 Jul 2014, 08:51 AM

Polishing off a full list, but for now: Who wants to see my Hall of Duplicates? RNG, what hath you done.

that triple M8 howi bulletin might actually be very usefull.
7 Jul 2014, 08:56 AM

I think removing duplicate drops, and removing Bulletin stacking is the way to go.

Stacking Bulletins only invariably leads to potential imbalance in the long run anyways.
7 Jul 2014, 09:04 AM

Hello guys, i'm new on the board :)

So far, using City17 farming (adjusting AI 'difficulty level') with games running from 30 mins to 2 hours, i got:

- 1x Terror Soviet Commander (already had this one)
- 1x Mechanized US Commander
- 2x Ost skins
- 2x Identical Ost Victory Strikes (Panzerwerfer barrage)
- Loads of OKW bulletins (Obersoldatenx2, Jagdpanzer, Panzerfusilierx2, Volksgrenadier, Puma, etc..)

I mostly play OKW, thus i reached the same conclusions as you, coh2player: only bulletins are somehow related to what faction you are playing. Commanders, Victory strikes and skins are completely random. As for commander rarity, it is abysmally low, at least imo (maybe 1 out of 10 drops, which happen every 2-3 hours each).

I know it is not a large enough sample to draw conclusions on what the rates are, but if we take the average of each of the forum posters, we find some consistencies and redundant numbers.

As for the setup i use for my bot games:
City17 with 3 Hard AI on my side, versus 4 Standard AI on the other side. Depending on whether or not i throw an Expert on my side or not, whether i have soviets allies or not (which seems to be the most efficient AI out of the 4 factions in AI vs AI fights), it can be dragged for as long as 2 hours (me as OKW + 3 Hard soviets versus 4 Standard Ostheer @ 1000 VP), but it can fluctuate a lot.

In the end, i find it even more efficient when i manage several 40-50 mins games. When i have a 2 hours game though, it happens i have no spoils at the end, which usually triggers 1-2 drops the game right after, or 1 drop for each of the subsequent two games. I feel like the pseudo random used by Relic wants us to play 2-3 hours for each drop.

Still, the fact that we get duplicates means that it will be almost impossible to get everything, except if they implement a Valve trade system (which would be great, i would trade my US mechanized right away for OKW elite armor, as well as a few duplicate bulletins).

My opinion about the model they decided to use is: the War spoils system is what is supposed to keep us hooked to the game in the long run, the same as the old leveling system with fixed level unlocks. No doubt this will last for long, as nobody will have every unlockable skins, bulletins, and commanders. I thought they would unleash a few premium Commanders right after Steam sales, which isn't the case, but i think they will do it sooner rather than later. The more they force people to farm the warspoils, the more the players will be eager to spend money on the incoming premium content, which will probably be different from the 3+3 commanders per new faction of the WFA launch. At least that's what i would do, as a professional of the IT industry. Creating needs and frustration in your customer base is a potent marketing tool.
7 Jul 2014, 15:57 PM

The value of Soviet commanders has depreciated much...

I haven't heard of anyone winning the Tank Hunter tactics (Soviet), Not one step back tactics (Soviet), Mechanized Company (US), and Scavenger (OKW) yet.

Of those that were unlucky to win vcoh2 commanders, I have heard of Terror (me), Storm, and Advanced Warfare.

Also, everyone I've heard except for RiflesReady has only won 1 commander.

I have the Scavenger commander.It's okay, but I'd prefer to have elite armored Doctorine.
7 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 08:51 AMBurts

that triple M8 howi bulletin might actually be very usefull.

Sadly no- it only applies to the barrage ability, not general fire. Little too specific to stack up on, really.
7 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM
Patrion 14

String Theory, right now I'd consider you one of the lucky ones.

Until you get your second scavenge commander.]

Stack the Maxims, Brachiaraidos.
7 Jul 2014, 16:15 PM

Maybe it has been asked already but i wondered if the loot also drops in games on non official workshop/Community maps?

Btw, one lousy bulletin is still all i have got from this randomness of a reward system.
7 Jul 2014, 16:18 PM

Stack the Maxims, Brachiaraidos.

There are much better maxim bulletins to pile up on :P

The one I have double of is more use to MG42- it cuts the reload by 10%. Maxims work best if you put the 4% fire rate, 3% accuracy and one more of choice.

Anyway. Commanders dropped thus far:

Mechanized Support (USSR)
NKVD Rifle (USSR)
Mechanized Company (USF)
Scavenge Docterine (OKW)
Elite Troops (OST)

Also, updated with more duplicates. Duplicates all day erry day.
7 Jul 2014, 16:19 PM

Relic? Any statement? Nope? Thought so.
7 Jul 2014, 20:10 PM

Maybe it has been asked already but i wondered if the loot also drops in games on non official workshop/Community maps?

Btw, one lousy bulletin is still all i have got from this randomness of a reward system.

They drop there aswell. 25/30 drops I received playing the scheldt and wake island.
The last 5 drops were all new US bulletins for me since I started botfarming on wake island with the same set of AI each time. I got 0 US duplicates atm, out of 10 bulletins. There is no doubt in my mind that by playing in a certain way unlocks certain commanders or bulletins. Either intentional or simply because its bugged. Brachiaraidos' screenshot says it all.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS