russian armor

Any (good) use of the Jagdtiger ?

26 Jun 2014, 17:11 PM

I don't get the point with that typical third reich gigantic piece of crap :

- Slow as fuck
- Deals ZERO damage to infantry or AT gun
- Cost an arm
- Have no extended line of sight perk
- Can't deals with US Armor commander (Jackons rape him before he can shoot the first bullet)

Halp !
26 Jun 2014, 18:23 PM

it's mobile pak43, deal with it
26 Jun 2014, 18:30 PM

same thing a Kingtiger could do better. And i haven't noticed a big difference between Kingtiger bullet and the 12,8 from Jagdtiger
26 Jun 2014, 22:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Good news! It is now more expensive!
27 Jun 2014, 00:03 AM

Maybe its because I am still not used to playing as the US, but I was seriously struggling to kill this unit. As the Soviets, I'd try and get behind it with some T34/85s, but I don't think thats a realistic option with Jacksons. It out ranges the Jacksons, preventing kiting from the front (penetration didn't seem consistent either). I managed to do some damage to it with a priest, but that doesn't seem like a reliable counter.
27 Jun 2014, 00:59 AM

(...)gigantic piece of crap(...)

/unfriend
27 Jun 2014, 01:29 AM

What?

This thing is an Elefant that shoots through buildings, hedgerows, and any bullshit on the map that would normally block your shot.

With good scouting it completely shuts down all armored units on the map around it. It has 85 range which is the longest direct fire range in the game right now. It outranges the ISU-152. It will always penetrate an IS-2. It instantly kills the M8A1 Howitzer Carriage that the Americans use and it outranges it. IT OUTRANGES AN ARTILLERY UNIT.

If you can't see the potential of this unit in team games I just don't know how to explain it better.

Imagine Angermuende. Picture all of those buildings and fences. Now imagine they're all gone. That's what the map looks like to the Jagdtiger. Everyone else has to deal with that bullshit. You just 2-shot all of their armor from across the map.

All you need is scouting and this thing wins games. It can't kill infantry with its basic attack but OKW is stocked with weapons to deal with infantry. It even has a Veteran power that lets it launch artillery shells that do kill infantry!

Jagdtiger is gamebreaking for team matches.
27 Jun 2014, 09:15 AM

Ok, ok thx mates, all is clear now !
27 Jun 2014, 14:47 PM

dont forget theres a bug too
If you use the supporting fire ability, some times the jadtiger will fire the round for that ability and right after will fire a normal shell, so you can fire at a tank 2 shells in 1-2 seconds
27 Jun 2014, 14:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

- extremely ugly
27 Jun 2014, 15:09 PM

This is what happens when you implement a very unique unit to a game that you are bound by the balance of game. Pre-range nerf patch, this beast should have had 150 range. What, what...
27 Jun 2014, 23:00 PM

In 1v1s, NEVER get it. In team games (above 2v2) it's very usefull, but an Ele is always a better choice. Jagdtiger is a resource sink atm.
28 Jun 2014, 01:19 AM

IT OUTRANGES AN ARTILLERY UNIT.

Source? According to what I can find in the game files, Priest has 180 range.

The supporting fire ability seems to shoot basically the same type of shells as it's normal attack, so it's not especially effective against infantry (It's much more effective than other pure AT tanks though).

As for Jagdtiger vs Elefant... except obvious things like HP or armour difference, it has the same accuracy values like AT guns, not like tanks (so 4%*size vs 2.5%*size at max range) - which basically makes it 50% better than Elefant at longer ranges.
1 Jul 2014, 09:56 AM

It's a beast but so hard to field in a competitive game. Once it's out, if used properly, it can be riddikulus.

I only use it when I see an ISU.

Against Shermans it's either overkill (if there's 1/2 shermans or m10s) or an underkill flank-magnet- if there are 6-8 enemy tanks in 2v2 and you get get double-team spit roasted D:

But vs ISU is where I'd always call it in. It's so satisfying to see it knock chunks off that retarded BS.

Main points of usage:
Get behind a house and shoot through it for invincible powerz.
Use fusiliers to scout for it
Use in tandem with teammate's tiger/KT/2 panthers). This is REAAAAALLY hard to break.
6 Jul 2014, 23:57 PM

It's also a nice stopgap for OKW since their only other heavy tank capable of taking on armour is an extremely expensive panther.

It's damn near necessary against Soviets since they can bust out t-34/85's.

7 Jul 2014, 08:34 AM

I tried to use it against the 152 (my personal toughest matchup) ... he was violently raped by the Soviet monster. The big problem with jagtiger is that it does no damage to infaterie with a range of shit. This force ongoing micro if you do not want him to reveal his position and shoot infantry like a moron. Elefant or pak43 are way more competitive for this job.
20 Aug 2014, 18:17 PM

Source? According to what I can find in the game files, Priest has 180 range.

The supporting fire ability seems to shoot basically the same type of shells as it's normal attack, so it's not especially effective against infantry (It's much more effective than other pure AT tanks though).

As for Jagdtiger vs Elefant... except obvious things like HP or armour difference, it has the same accuracy values like AT guns, not like tanks (so 4%*size vs 2.5%*size at max range) - which basically makes it 50% better than Elefant at longer ranges.

He is talking about the M8 Howitzer carriage(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howitzer_Motor_Carriage_M8), not the M7 Priest.
20 Aug 2014, 19:48 PM

I tried to use it against the 152 (my personal toughest matchup) ... he was violently raped by the Soviet monster. The big problem with jagtiger is that it does no damage to infaterie with a range of shit. This force ongoing micro if you do not want him to reveal his position and shoot infantry like a moron. Elefant or pak43 are way more competitive for this job.

Or just...press...Hold....Fire....
22 Aug 2014, 06:46 AM

If you use it effectively, it is such a game changer.

It's not Elefant or mobile pak43. Indeed it carries pak44, and is the strongest AT weapon of any sort in the game. you just have to keep it in the back and use it as a sniper and it wipes out any armor. Obviously, it's better to be used in team games when the opponents go for mass/heavy armor.

Check this replay:

http://www.coh2.org/replay/22653/combined-forces%26-well-supported-jagdtiger-changed-the-battle

the soviet heavy tanks were pushing in numbers but you can see how the battle changed as soon as the mighty Jagdtiger hit the field.

by the way, its extreme long range and the fact that it shoots through the building makes it quite unique.
Have one jadgtiger in the field and support it in a team game, then you don't have to worry about the enemy armor (as long as you don't let the opponent to flank it).
22 Aug 2014, 14:37 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/22830/jagdtiger-saving-lost-games-for-days

:snfBarton:

Jagdtiger did more damage in this game than each individual player (42k damage by the Jagdtiger alone).

Don't understimate this things ability to completely shut down all allied vehicles. It wasn't going up against T34s either: The Jagdtiger was raping ISU-152s, IS2 spams, one-shot an M5 at one point... etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 262

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak