Login

russian armor

Rear Echelon troops

26 Jun 2014, 11:05 AM

These guys need their ability to equip heavy weapons removing....

OR their instant suppression toning down. (i know its 20 ammo, but thats cheap to win a firefight against any enemy infantry).

Currently... Americans dont need to bother with riflemen. They just need to spam a bunch of these guys, upgrade them with LMGs and Bazookas, suppress any infantry that come near... and for 160 per squad its abit daft in all fairness...

Since then all the US player has to do, is build officers to tech and call in heavier stuff, while the german player is having his infantry and light-vehicles hard countered by some T0 160mp units with some cheap upgrades.

Its like the equivalent of giving pioneers/ostruppen the ability to equip LMG42's or Panzershreks followed with an instant suppression ability.

Needs looking at.
26 Jun 2014, 11:14 AM

Permanently Banned
26 Jun 2014, 11:25 AM

The ability is to cheap increase it by 40 ammo also they should not be able to carry any weapons
26 Jun 2014, 11:42 AM

Just give them raygun.
26 Jun 2014, 11:42 AM

I haven't found them to be a problem at all. If your OKW and see a lot of them, just get a kebelwagon. Wehr can get MG's, use buildings, and just intelligent play vs them.

They die super easy and have a crappy gun for a long time, then if you choose to upgrade them and pay 60 munis they are more likely to drop it due to small squad size.

Plus the more you use suppression fire, the less munis for weapon equip you'll have.
26 Jun 2014, 11:47 AM

Their volley fire is OP, at least it's not dealing any damage when enemy unit is suppressed but still, early engagements will be won by Echelon squads, i think it's good to start with 2 squads of them
26 Jun 2014, 12:00 PM

I dont see a problem with them. Theyre almost worthless in combat, all they can do is do volley fire. And them being able to get Weapons from the racks is intended, as the US faction is focused on flexibility and them being able to get weapons aswell is intended. They wont do much anyway, youre usually better off upgrading your Rifles.

Speaking of rifles, you cant do without them as a Rear Ech army couldnt hold their ground long enough. As i said, their DPS in combat is abysmal and all they have is the suppression ability.
26 Jun 2014, 12:04 PM

I dont see a problem with them. Theyre almost worthless in combat, all they can do is do volley fire. And them being able to get Weapons from the racks is intended, as the US faction is focused on flexibility and them being able to get weapons aswell is intended. They wont do much anyway, youre usually better off upgrading your Rifles.

Speaking of rifles, you cant do without them as a Rear Ech army couldnt hold their ground long enough. As i said, their DPS in combat is abysmal and all they have is the suppression ability.

Their dps goes up when they get an LMG....

+ Their dps doesn't even have to be good when you can pin soldarten for some other squad to come mop up.

+ their damage doesn't effect how good they are vs vehicles when upgraded with a Bazooka. Im sure if Ostruppen were upgraded with shreks there would be a fair few cry outs about that. But this is pretty much the same thing. except ostruppen dont have volly fire.
26 Jun 2014, 12:13 PM

RE equipping weapons is a mechanic - its there on purpose because Americans are FLEXIBLE.
And the reason they have volley fire is to actually win infantry engagements - they get wrecked otherwise. They are weak and die like flies no matter what weapon they have.

Only a slight price increase to volley fire, but i dont really mind how they are right now as they are terrible at combat and are meant to support.
26 Jun 2014, 12:22 PM

Yeah, 20 ammo is way too cheap and it's suppresses squads even in green cover. The price should be increased a bit.
26 Jun 2014, 12:30 PM

If only OKW had a unit that could fight them. Have fun spamming RE vs ostheer.

26 Jun 2014, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 12:30 PMKatitof
If only OKW had a unit that could fight them. Have fun spamming RE vs ostheer.

Which would be awesome if the RE troops couldnt get a bazooka in 2 mins with the 15 fuel upgrade.
26 Jun 2014, 12:58 PM

Rear echelons are very squishy troops. By the time you've equipped a weapon on them and then you use volley fire the germans should have some decent stuff.

That being said, if it is too powerful would it be easy enough to just disable the ability once the squad has a weapon equipped?
26 Jun 2014, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 12:58 PMSpin
Rear echelons are very squishy troops. By the time you've equipped a weapon on them and then you use volley fire the germans should have some decent stuff.

That being said, if it is too powerful would it be easy enough to just disable the ability once the squad has a weapon equipped?

That sounds like a good idea.
26 Jun 2014, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 12:58 PMSpin

They are replacing riflesquad at the moment. and such volley fire should be nerfed by greatly increasing ammo cost to 45. and they should have no weapon upgrade safe for the bazooka weapon upgrade. also the germans actually have nothing when these guys start. these guys are cheap and any first engagement is something they win.
26 Jun 2014, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 14:22 PMJaigen

They are replacing riflesquad at the moment. and such volley fire should be nerfed by greatly increasing and they should have no weapon upgrades.

I wouldnt like to have my core infantry consist of nearly 0 dps builder units who can supress a single unit, but not actually kill. An army full of RE's sounds like a stupid idea.
26 Jun 2014, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 12:04 PMCorsin

+ Their dps doesn't even have to be good when you can pin soldarten for some other squad to come mop up.

Not really an option, if as you say, the US is just spamming RE.
And volley fire is pretty necessary to deal with Sturmpio rushes in the early game.
26 Jun 2014, 14:35 PM

I wouldnt like to have my core infantry consist of nearly 0 dps builder units who can supress a single unit, but not actually kill. An army full of RE's sounds like a stupid idea.

I dont think you use these guys often, they can take suppress 2 squads at the same time then fasttech to lt and pump a quad out while gaining large amount of territory in the process.
26 Jun 2014, 14:36 PM

And just as it was during alpha, it is stupid idea.

I can't imagine how low skill one need to have to loose to it.
26 Jun 2014, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 14:34 PMKhan

Not really an option, if as you say, the US is just spamming RE.
And volley fire is pretty necessary to deal with Sturmpio rushes in the early game.

if you lose to sp rushes your doing it wrong of all the riflesquads in the game the us one has the strongest close range power.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★