is it really that OP?

25 Jun 2014, 09:56 AM
Patrion 310

:nahnah:
25 Jun 2014, 10:04 AM

Well luckily according to computerheat it will be fixed in day or two. :nahnah:
25 Jun 2014, 10:31 AM

You know what's even better?

Truck's level of crush means you can slam it into the sides of buildings, wiggle around the perimeter, and make the whole thing fall down.

Seriously, any building you can get to all sides of. Poof. No hiding from the MonsterTruck.
25 Jun 2014, 10:34 AM

:nahnah:

25 Jun 2014, 12:32 PM
Patrion 310

mostly I havent seen it crush, just push away. Isnt that right? Anyway, if it will be fixed thats fine. Im not to judge. Havent played against them yet.
25 Jun 2014, 13:19 PM

YOU cant hide from the MONSTERTRUCK

25 Jun 2014, 13:25 PM

YOU cant hide from the MONSTERTRUCK

you can fit a flakzwilling in there
25 Jun 2014, 13:30 PM

mostly I havent seen it crush, just push away. Isnt that right? Anyway, if it will be fixed thats fine. Im not to judge. Havent played against them yet.

Typical forum warrior.

Doesn't read thread.

Doesn't play game.

Tells everyone to L2P.
25 Jun 2014, 13:49 PM

To use the wise words of Katitof and Frikadelle - "Just retreat when you see it, then you lose no mans. Just adapt. Problem?"

*edit* to be clear -I do not think this should be possible, I am only parodying those types of replies, not saying that this ability is ok. It is not.*

I say if you see your opponent with ISU commander - squish every man you can! BREAK HIS HEART AND HOPES! He intends to break yours and smile so enjoy whatever advantage you can :)

Obviously neither unit should have the killability it currently posseses. But while the M3 and ISU are in the game - use it to your heart's content :)
25 Jun 2014, 14:09 PM
Patrion 310

To use the wise words of Katitof and Frikadelle - "Just retreat when you see it, then you lose no mans. Just adapt. Problem?"

What are you meant to do, you can only hide in your base while the enemy caps the map. Because of its speed it can chase you around quite easily. You need fuel and ammo to be able to force it away, takes way too long to kill it with just rifles and the OKW player can just send his infantry while you try to kill it.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have jumped the fence but even so. Notice at the end that you cannot even hide in buildings, because the truck just destroys it. The rest of the game ended up with the north base entrance locked down with bunkers, we tried to push through the south but the German player just built snipers.

US have no counter to that early game. Soviets can atleast build M3's but its retarded to be forced into building Tier 1 every game because of such an abusive thing.
25 Jun 2014, 14:14 PM

Base MGs don't do much damage to the trucks. They can crush in the base as well.
25 Jun 2014, 14:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

its quite fun to play 2v2 as double soviets and see all those trucks dricing into atguns and m3s :D
25 Jun 2014, 14:49 PM

New meta!

25 Jun 2014, 15:02 PM

What are you meant to do, you can only hide in your base while the enemy caps the map. Because of its speed it can chase you around quite easily. You need fuel and ammo to be able to force it away, takes way too long to kill it with just rifles and the OKW player can just send his infantry while you try to kill it.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have jumped the fence but even so. Notice at the end that you cannot even hide in buildings, because the truck just destroys it. The rest of the game ended up with the north base entrance locked down with bunkers, we tried to push through the south but the German player just built snipers.

US have no counter to that early game. Soviets can atleast build M3's but its retarded to be forced into building Tier 1 every game because of such an abusive thing.

And it's gone. http://youtu.be/-DT7bX-B1Mg?t=25s
25 Jun 2014, 15:59 PM

I've made a thread on the official forums asking for this unit to be buffed. Please; do join me.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/61394-okw-resource-truck-adjustment
25 Jun 2014, 16:03 PM

You played straight into his hands there. Use the capture point as a barrier. He wont be able to path himself around it in any reasonable time and if he keeps trying to run over you just run in circles around it. You capture the point and he probably spent more effort trying to run you over than you did right clicking every few seconds.

An example of me doing that is in this replay at the start;

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19021/usa-vs-okw-47-stressful-minutes
25 Jun 2014, 16:09 PM

Anyone defending the usage of pushing & crushing units with the OKW supply truck will forever be in my personal Hall of Shame list.

This is ridiculous, why wasn't it fixed?
25 Jun 2014, 16:25 PM

Anyone defending the usage of pushing & crushing units with the OKW supply truck will forever be in my personal Hall of Shame list.

This is ridiculous, why wasn't it fixed?

Actually Cata, it was applied in the last patch of Alpha, somehow I think Relic did that intended.
The question should be, why was it intended by the dev?
25 Jun 2014, 16:47 PM

SO this is why OKW don't have flamethrowers, they just use the truck to crush every building.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS