Login

russian armor

Official Obersoldaten OP Thread

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
27 Jun 2014, 21:36 PM

Permanently Banned
I play some matchs, and the Shocks are much more OP than Obersoldatens...
27 Jun 2014, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 21:36 PMBravus

Wow. You mean the same STs that Grens can counter at range. Please tell me what infantry soft counters Obersoldaten. None. Its like trying to faust or Shrek a pre nerf KV8. That is just stupid as hell. I dont know how they perform without the upgrade as I havent used them. But with the Scoped rifle they are the biggest attack move win unit. Like a Panzer Tactician Smoke Blitz pre nerf Panther blob. Nothing can stand in their way if you have enough of them. Sure they cost a ton. But so does the ISU152. Doesnt mean it should be able to end every soft target in game.

In the end this encourages tactics like Maxim Spam and M3 Spam and all the things people hate. Because this unit is just LOL. I mean I am going to abuse it to get free wins until its fixed you should to!

I have no problem with Sturmpios or the Ost Half track or to a lesser degree the no fuel Tiger ace. But these guys are LOLWTF?

I mean if they keep them as is thats cool. Ill just switch to OKW and pad my stats I suppose...
27 Jun 2014, 22:01 PM

You might want to keep obers in yellow/green cover, not in red one.
29 Jun 2014, 12:10 PM

29 Jun 2014, 13:43 PM

They're over performing IMHO, comparatively to the more expensive FJs. With 1.25 armor, reduced received accuracy, and retreat attack bonuses, there's not really any comparable units in any of the factions. For 400 mp, the player should be paying for vetted Gren LMG42 squads, not ranged killing machines. One of the only decent working counter in my experience are shocks that close in after a smoke grenade (used to great extent by Breaking Brad against my Obers).
29 Jun 2014, 14:14 PM

An infantry unit shouldnt be THAT good that it can easily 3v1 in green cover all day err day. Add some Schreck volks and you cannot use armor nor infantry.
29 Jun 2014, 17:12 PM

true story.
Obersoldaten are very weak against tanks. also grenades and mortar kill them easily. and please...
4 guys, 400 points.
shocks hold out longer. they are in melee combat so effective as Obersoldaten in far fight.
29 Jun 2014, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2014, 17:12 PMKosmos

true story.
Obersoldaten are very weak against tanks. also grenades and mortar kill them easily. and please...
4 guys, 400 points.
shocks hold out longer. they are in melee combat so effective as Obersoldaten in far fight.

Umm, why would anyone be in CQC with Obers? They LOOSE DPS when they are close.

They excel at long range, saying they are worse in close quaters then best CQC squad that can't fight if the distance is longer then ppsh barrel is extremely wrong pov to see things.

Shocks need to close in to do any damage, thats why they need to be durable. Obers sit behind green cover and drop infantry like they were osttruppen from single player.
30 Jun 2014, 03:26 AM

Permanently Banned
They're over performing IMHO, comparatively to the more expensive FJs. With 1.25 armor, reduced received accuracy, and retreat attack bonuses, there's not really any comparable units in any of the factions. For 400 mp, the player should be paying for vetted Gren LMG42 squads, not ranged killing machines. One of the only decent working counter in my experience are shocks that close in after a smoke grenade (used to great extent by Breaking Brad against my Obers).

No true, and the first is that they have MG34, not the powerfull MG42...

Shocks and some others goods low distance inf. can rip then fast...

You know the .50 MG or the special maxpin US infantry?!?

If the Obers are early game, i say: op, but no...
30 Jun 2014, 03:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 03:26 AMBravus

Shocks and some others goods low distance inf. can rip then fast...

You know the .50 MG or the special maxpin US infantry?!?

If the Obers are early game, i say: op, but no...

The complaint comes from the doctrinal STG 44 not vanilla obers. Hi compstomp and buy the upgrade. Once your comfortable with them try them this way in the wild. If then you don't think they are completely OP then you are one of the players that was ok with the prenerf TA
30 Jun 2014, 03:36 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2014, 21:22 PMJaigen
What is their armor btw they seem to soak far more bullets then any other 4 man squad?

They have a reduced received accuracy modifier, not sure what it is, but this attributes to their tankiness.
30 Jun 2014, 07:02 AM

Obersoldaten are outperforming and it's nothing wrong with that. They are supposed to, just as shocks are supposed to reap apart any infantry squad they come across. The only difference is that one unit does this from distance, the other from upclose. It's nothing wrong with a fact that a german faction has such unit too. They come late in game, are expensive to build, expensive to reinforce.

The OKW faction particularity is to have expensive and potent units while suffering from resources shortage. It's a high reward / high risk faction and just need some L2P to be countered efficiently.

Btw, americans have potent infantry units too. I especialy like those paras with thompsons which are a superbe unit in my view.
30 Jun 2014, 08:55 AM

after a 4-5 games with OKW, here's my two deutschmarks:

Obers are indeed quite impressive, especially when equipped with the IR STG's, but they really come late in the game when vehicles are prevalent on the field and with good players all infantry squads already vetted quite a bit. Unless you're using a really good combined arms tactic and somehow managing to micro vast blob of units, any T34, Sherman or even light vehicle encounter means retreat for Obers - unless you want to be punished with the time and price for their re:enforcement.
Not to mention the "morale" factor of loosing, or killing that sort of unit, that is rarely mentioned but imho plays quite important psychological role in the PvP games ? I mean, unless the Axis is really having a field day over Allies, fuel is quite scarce for OKW, and tough and 'superior' (more experienced if you will) infantry unit is exactly what the late war OKW should represent ? Am I wrong ? And to revisit the IR STG's that are only viable debatable factor of the Ober's imho, let's remember what you must give away in terms of other 'two' doctrines/generals ... Jagdtiger, that overthetop 200 muni breakthrough sector arty, or all the Luftwaffe goodies that come with the Airborne doctrine. I'm not sure it's even a remotely fair trade to make you choose that command Panther and a few sci-fi STG's over all that is mentioned.
30 Jun 2014, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 03:26 AMBravus

The LMG34 is more than double the power statwise than the LMG42. Plus the fact that Obers can fire their weapon on the move.

LMG42:10.240/11.520/11.400
LMG34:20.846/23.564/23.400
IRSTG44: 33.829/16.026/5.459
30 Jun 2014, 10:59 AM

their ease of use already warrants the hefty mp cost, there's no need for them to over perform in any sense.

look at that stats, 400mp should be pretty much a gren squad + lmg42. but what we got is twice the firepower, 25% more armour, able to vet up to high heavens and bonus to retreating infantry.

now look at shocks. 440mp for a melee unit, only useful at extreme close ranges.

how are these 2, actually comparable in the 1st place. one is balantly overpowered, while the other has rather limited applications.

they may be weak against tanks and what not, but u dont send these guys out alone. u send these guys with volks where they shine the most and volks covers the anti vehicle part.

some of you guys need to take down ur nazi tinted rose glasses and look at things more objectively.
30 Jun 2014, 11:24 AM

Obers get massacred by shocks, guards and BARifles. Every game.. just pop smoke around the area and get as close and throw grens. If someone can not manage Obers with Shocks, then he is lame, seriously.
30 Jun 2014, 11:50 AM

They cant do anything vs vehicles/artillery, so swarm them with that.

PD: Seriously guys? Even more nerfs to OKW?
30 Jun 2014, 11:50 AM

Obers get massacred by shocks, guards and BARifles. Every game.. just pop smoke around the area and get as close and throw grens. If someone can not manage Obers with Shocks, then he is lame, seriously.

Have you tried taking them away from red cover?
It helps when you are using alpha squad for ranged damage against ranged small arms.

Shocks pop smoke? Why are you waiting for them before it?

If someone does manage to close with shocks without ambush on obers, then OKW player should go back to easier micro games, like farmville. Seriously.
30 Jun 2014, 18:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The LMG34 is more than double the power statwise than the LMG42. Plus the fact that Obers can fire their weapon on the move.

LMG42:10.240/11.520/11.400
LMG34:20.846/23.564/23.400
IRSTG44: 33.829/16.026/5.459

How many LMG34 and IR STG44 a squad gets ? BTW it seems that the info of the STG44 is opposite to what it´s stats shows up.

Do they have armor + received accuracy modifiers ?

I´m fine with high dps units if they have to be use on cover and not on the "run".
30 Jun 2014, 18:35 PM

They cant do anything vs vehicles/artillery, so swarm them with that.

PD: Seriously guys? Even more nerfs to OKW?

O there are people on here that will not rest until OKW is as nerfed as poor OST.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Poland 10
United States 6
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L