Login

russian armor

Western Front Armies: Gameplay video official

21 Jun 2014, 16:09 PM

No loves for teh SNF,

It's a bloody shame, it really is.
21 Jun 2014, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2014, 15:35 PMBryan
Nice casts, and @ Cannonade, I personally like the Generals Gents, they have nice clear accents and some strategic insight. I know from the Alpha, Machine was quite active and originally asked a while ago to do some alpha casts, which got the ball rolling on that.

I dont know it they knwo their stuff, because Im not in Alpha, and have not played WF :P

Remains to be seen whether they do or not, once it goes live.

To you, they may seem familiar from within Alpha, but for the rest of us, its simply "Who..? Never heard/seen".

Dane on the otherhand, has been involved in previous pre-release casting, + hundreds of casts, and is known to just about all of us

Cool to see new casters, but I just have no idea who these Generals Gentlemen are.
Nonetheless, all due respext for anyone who promotes the game and casts on their own time, and they certainly do talk up a storm. Us guys outside the Alpha just have no idea if its accurate or not, and have never heard of these guys :P

Id have loved some Coh2.org/SNF coverage, but as Ami said, they got the Alienware tourney on their hands, and is all allriiight. Relic, to my perception, have been cool with Coh2.org. especially in the case of the last SNF tourney, where Relic staff stated they are deliberately holding off some major changes inorder not to screw with balance in mid tournament. I dont know all the details, but sounds like cool stuff to me.

So, a big welcome to Gentlemen Generals from me. More casters is all good, in my book. (Just please, if you can, stop smacking your lips after every sentence. I have trauma about that from years of guys with open mics eating on voicecom etc..!)
21 Jun 2014, 16:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

It's a bloody shame, it really is.

Yes, it is a great shame that Relic cannot apparently be bigger at times, but I guess they have been tested/seared over the past 12 + months, and the ominous words, "that shitty little company",(not said by Ami, but by one of his friends, when in drink and then broadcast), undoubtedly reverberated and stuck in the mind of the powers-that-be. You have to be big to ignore such jibes,especially in adversity, but we are all human. I mean, that particular, highly unfortunate set of observations could have meant jobs on the line at Relic.....

"Never glad confident morning again...." springs to mind.

Let's hope not.I think there can be redemption, but Relic will undoubtedly make Ami jump through the hoop, even though they were not his words. If we as a large group support Ami and his lieutenants like Ipkai and Marco on SNF, I am tolerably certain that at some stage, the ice may thaw.
21 Jun 2014, 18:28 PM

good luck to Sega/Relic trying to sell this with so much on Steam under $15

timing is everything!
21 Jun 2014, 18:31 PM

good luck to Sega/Relic trying to sell this with so much on Steam under $15

timing is everything!

Seeing what is on sale so far?

Its not impressive at all compared to last year.
21 Jun 2014, 18:55 PM

Metal Slug 3 for $5
Borderlands 2 GOTY for $16
Euro Truck Sim for $6

it'll be tough to squeeze $20 out of casuals for this expansion

I think it will go on sale during the Steam Summer Sale
21 Jun 2014, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2014, 18:31 PMKatitof

There were quite a few nice games on sale, the problem is most of them have been on sale already on all the last big sales, so a lot of people who are interested already grabbed them (and many like a friend don't even play the games they have hoarded).
21 Jun 2014, 19:07 PM

^Exactly.

Its same titles over and over.

If people playing CoH2 wanted something, they got it last year as exactly same titles were back then(excluding indie games and 5112515341th version of terraria reskin or terraria itself).
21 Jun 2014, 22:17 PM

there are dozens of new titles for sale this summer. i've already given u 3 examples... i'm not going through 1 by 1 to name them all

BL2: GOTY was not even available last summer ... and now it is $16

you'll see on June 25 how much of an impact Steam Sales have

Gabe Newell is a billionaire because he knows how to sell year old games for cheap and get lots of casuals to buy.
21 Jun 2014, 22:45 PM

Lots of one shot squad wipes going on from random artillery based units.

Looks like Relic still in love with the retarded 4 man squad.

Seriously - let that idea die and get back to a dynamic that worked - especially when you combine the RNG elements of this game with a more often than not approach to a magic unit one shotting entire squads.
21 Jun 2014, 22:46 PM

there are dozens of new titles for sale this summer. i've already given u 3 examples... i'm not going through 1 by 1 to name them all

BL2: GOTY was not even available last summer ... and now it is $16

you'll see on June 25 how much of an impact Steam Sales have

Gabe Newell is a billionaire because he knows how to sell year old games for cheap and get lots of casuals to buy.

And note the caliber of these games - they're top line names.

Releasing this expansion in the middle of this sale - wow - brilliant idea.
21 Jun 2014, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2014, 18:31 PMKatitof

Skyrim Legendary Edition for $13.59....or this plus an addition $7?

I don't think that's going to be a hard decision for many gamers.
21 Jun 2014, 22:52 PM

Lots of one shot squad wipes going on from random artillery based units.

Looks like Relic still in love with the retarded 4 man squad.

Seriously - let that idea die and get back to a dynamic that worked - especially when you combine the RNG elements of this game with a more often than not approach to a magic unit one shotting entire squads.

4 words: Better luck next time? Explosions are big and dangerous, you know. The wimpy explosions of vCoH bored the hell out of me.
21 Jun 2014, 23:10 PM

4 words: Better luck next time? Explosions are big and dangerous, you know. The wimpy explosions of vCoH bored the hell out of me.

The problem with RNG is that when you fall foul of it - it doesn't feel like you were outplayed - it just basically pisses you off.

When you're outplayed - then you can appreciate that skill and say "well played" and really know it was the better player and better tactic that won.

If you want chance - take a spin on the Roulette table at the Wynn - I don't think chance/luck should have the amount of importance that COH2 has given it.

But thats a core problem of the game - not an expansion one.
21 Jun 2014, 23:14 PM

RNG sucks, but without it, it would be too monotone. No amount of special effects will cover up how automated everything would be. RNG is also what makes things interesting - one unlikely squad can destroy a squad better than it. Without it, we would just spam the best unit as we would know barebone static numbers make them the best and cheaper and earlier units stand 0 chance. Surprising effects of RNG is also what makes me watch SNF. Gotta have some unpredictability somewhere to spark life into every match.

RNG determines whether my tank gets hit 3 times in a row, or deflects 3 times in a row. If you knew the outcome of every skirmish, then there would be no point in taking risks.
22 Jun 2014, 00:41 AM

Sometimes RNG gives hilarious situations that can be very entertaining.

Not all games have to be like starcraft.
22 Jun 2014, 00:46 AM

I find starcraft personally pretty boring, you move your units in a blob and fighting feels so static and steril that all the tension is killed.

When playing a tight match coh2 you are fucking shaking after one hour of comebacks from both sides.
22 Jun 2014, 01:25 AM
Donator 11

off topic but it's crazy when you think that 18 years ago I purchased (well my dad) the first Worm game (pc obviously) for 80$ plus taxes. That was a normal price for any computer game at the time.
22 Jun 2014, 01:52 AM
Patrion 27

https://www.youtube.com/user/PwnageMachine0/videos

Generals Gentlemen have a good amount of COH2 games cast and I think they are actually the most strategically insightful of all of the casters. Give them a shot.
22 Jun 2014, 07:36 AM

Instead of Americans, I really prefer the Oberkömmando, so much more agressive in the early game ! Moreover, testing the alpha, I thought that tanks are more interesting and powerful ! In COH 1, I loved particulary the British and I have the feeling that we are again, with Oberkömmando, in this mode of operation and it's really nice ! We are goin' to have fun, that's sure ! ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
unknown 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment