Login

russian armor

M3 + maxim + Sniper spam 2v2 - Early game

PAGES (7)down
19 Jun 2014, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 10:07 AMJaigen

nope stays the same and just be as cost effective as the rest of the vehicles in the game even with the nerfs

Bit of a knee-jerk over-reactive nerf to the M3 in my opinion if you did that. You want to cripple it's ability to do damage (taking note that a properly used M3 is meant to shoot from max range to avoid faust so generally you will be using that accuracy profile to calculate dps anyway) and reduce it's paper thin armour even more without a reduce in price? What player who can calculate the value of a unit would ever waste resources on that?

I would have no problem with the M3 getting a health reduction even if the cost stayed the same because if you use it well it shouldn't get caught. That way it couldn't absorb so much hits and bleed German MP without needing to fall back for repairs.
19 Jun 2014, 12:39 PM

Bit of a knee-jerk over-reactive nerf to the M3 in my opinion if you did that. You want to cripple it's ability to do damage (taking note that a properly used M3 is meant to shoot from max range to avoid faust so generally you will be using that accuracy profile to calculate dps anyway) and reduce it's paper thin armour even more without a reduce in price? What player who can calculate the value of a unit would ever waste resources on that?

I would have no problem with the M3 getting a health reduction even if the cost stayed the same because if you use it well it shouldn't get caught. That way it couldn't absorb so much hits and bleed German MP without needing to fall back for repairs.

I dont agree. I envision the m3 to be used as a quick flanker. reducing its hp and making it a glass cannon will completely destroy this units utility early-midgame game. The problem lies solely in its fighting ability. that should be severely reduced.
19 Jun 2014, 14:14 PM

There is NO reliable counter against this unless the Soviet team sucks at micro.

Look at this thread which lists SEVERAL threads attempting to find a solution. Nobody could come up with any strategy that could be replicated without a lucky RNG roll in any of the threads:

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/53185-2v2-replay-for-balance-purposes
19 Jun 2014, 14:30 PM

As I mentioned before, the strat that I described has 50% chances of success and they are rising if you have a good micro. Remember it's a strat against an abusive / spam tactic, and it won't work every time, for sure. If it did, nobody would use this abusive soviet tactic, isn't it? ;). My goal was to give OST a fighting chance against that.
19 Jun 2014, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 12:39 PMJaigen

I dont agree. I envision the m3 to be used as a quick flanker. reducing its hp and making it a glass cannon will completely destroy this units utility early-midgame game. The problem lies solely in its fighting ability. that should be severely reduced.

And the 221/222 should be moar better!!!!

What you propose is an absurd overnerf. Like Katitof said it would be fine if the cost were reduced to almost nothing. And maybe thats what should be done. Almost no manpower cost and a slight fuel cost with no real armor or HPs and a squad risk as it can explode. Then if they are that cheap you can have a highly mobile force where every squad can easily afford this gimped M3 and move around the field at lightning speed at risk.

I would prefer all light vehicles to just get a MP decrease and a fuel increase to prevent spamming and screw over teching if you lose too many. As it stands in the current Meta if you went T1 and had no doctrinal guards you are pretty screwed against a 222 in the right hands.

So for Soviets to use T1 you are more or less forced to go doctrine. As it takes more than one AT nade (and you also are forced to buy that upgrade) to kill a 222 and often times if its supported it will escape at great great cost to your OORAH point blank no cover YOLO conscript squads.
19 Jun 2014, 15:09 PM

Imo, M3 should consistently explode to 2 Fausts.

Atm it is frequently surviving them + incidental small arms fire while the Fausts go off.

Cba to crunch numbers to identify the exact tipping point.

I'd change that first before touching the 221, unless it also is, statwise, surviving substantially more than 2 ATNades, in which case that too should be reduced (but it needs marginally better survival than M3).
19 Jun 2014, 15:13 PM

Atm it is frequently surviving them + incidental small arms fire while the Fausts go off.

I'd change that first before touching the 221, unless it also is, statwise, surviving substantially more than 2 ATNades, in which case that too should be reduced (but it needs marginally better survival than M3).

They have the same HPs. They do survive more and still have about 40 HPs left (After two nades) and Conscripts do less DPS than Grens. So if they are on a road and you at nade them twice if they have ANY kind of support you wont be able to kill them.
19 Jun 2014, 15:16 PM

It doess.

200 hp vs 2x 100dmg. Math is simple here. Only reason it won't blow up to 2 fausts instantly is engine/weapon crit on low hp.

Also, 221 does have considerably more survivability, its got 9 armor front and 5.4 rear where M3 got 5.4 front.
19 Jun 2014, 15:18 PM

Woops I stand corrected they have 200 HPs they SHOULD die to double faust/AT nade. Some reason I had in my head 240 HPs. Yeah RNG then must be up to its shenanigans.
19 Jun 2014, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 15:16 PMKatitof
Only reason it won't blow up to 2 fausts instantly is engine/weapon crit on low hp.

Explain this part please.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 15:16 PMKatitof
Also, 221 does have considerably more survivability, its got 9 armor front and 5.4 rear where M3 got 5.4 front.

Armor in this case being completely irrelevant to ATNade, that is fine then.
19 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

Explain this part please.

When below certain % of hp, when receiving a shot that would kill you, you have a set % chance to stay at 5%hp and receive either destroyed engine critical or destroyed main gun critical.

Armor in this case being completely irrelevant to ATNade, that is fine then.

As it should, these units aren't mean to fight heavy hitters, but infantry, so their armor is relevant only against infantry, where one excels in survivability against the other when fighting inf.

This is why 222 can drive into shocks and obliterate them, while other will explode to PGs.
19 Jun 2014, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 15:48 PMKatitof
you have a set % chance to stay at 5%hp and receive either destroyed engine critical or destroyed main gun critical.

Anyone know this set % specifically?

Would be good to know when positioning/considering that 2nd Faust.
19 Jun 2014, 16:02 PM

Permanently Banned
What's retarded about the m3 is that I didn't know that flamethrowers in cars was the core of the Soviet army in WWII. It's been a viable tactic since day 1 of coh2 and it's pretty silly.

Must have been a really realistic/practical and commonly used doctrine back then.

Yeah but this game "balance" all, they balance the germans tanks (to be more slow and less power), sgt44 (father of assault rifle) and others infantry weapons, the german armor are a $hit, soo need nerf M3 for balance...

Is all for balance, and no real things, 2bad.

CAN PUT SNIPERS ON M3 FOR FAST MICRO KILLS. LOL!

You will see, a new soviet commander with a sniper in a tank!
19 Jun 2014, 16:02 PM

Its around 5% if I'm not mistaken.

Rare occurrence and can be labeled as pure luck.

Generally if you use 2 fausts, you will get the kill.
19 Jun 2014, 16:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 16:02 PMKatitof
Its around 5% if I'm not mistaken.

Rare occurrence and can be labeled as pure luck.

Generally if you use 2 fausts, you will get the kill.

1 faust and a bit more shots (even k98) will kill easy, the problem is the M3 spam with flammers, maxpin, god mod AT's with ultra reinforce mod, snipers with shock armor, etc..

You kill the M3 and the guys come kill you with fire. You need run back to base again!

The car explodes, but the infantry in that car dont suffers much...

And in more than half of the games, this tactics will rip the german army beucase the delay in late game, the soviet rush with all, the german try stay live, but when the tanks coming, the german are in delay...

Reinforce and stay in fight (and delay tank) or dont reinforce all and let the map control for the soviets, 2 ways of loose...
19 Jun 2014, 16:11 PM

5%. I've been unlucky as hell then.
Good thing I don't gamble.
19 Jun 2014, 16:28 PM

And the 221/222 should be moar better!!!!

What you propose is an absurd overnerf. Like Katitof said it would be fine if the cost were reduced to almost nothing. And maybe thats what should be done. Almost no manpower cost and a slight fuel cost with no real armor or HPs and a squad risk as it can explode. Then if they are that cheap you can have a highly mobile force where every squad can easily afford this gimped M3 and move around the field at lightning speed at risk.

Cut this BS out. You make no comparisons to the 221/222 or the german HT because if you do you will see that the m3 Brutally cost effective for what its doing.

Katitof is right the 221 does more damage on long range but loses on mid and short range. That alone is fucking absurd. A dedicated attack vehicle that is more expensive loses a dps war with the m3.

Lets sum up all its advantages.

it comes out very early
it has better dps then both other german LV's
it serves as a mobile weapon platform and transport for the soviet infantry.

Mate this unit is as broken as the sentinel of Dow 2 . sure it will becomes crap later on but in the early game you have no counter to this mobile bunker with a BFG on top of it.

And the complaint that the you need to choose a guards unit is about the worst argument i can think of because guards sync so well with tier 1 and they have the best late game stuff. so its not a weakness
19 Jun 2014, 16:31 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2014, 22:02 PMBravus
M3 and Maxpin is only the tip of iceberg...

Double T85 Call and Shermans Calls is OP too...

But Maxpin and M3 is the hardest...

Maxpin pin in 1 second and kill, MG42 pin in 1 minute (LOL) and dont kill...

The big difference is in the infantry, germany is all weak and die quickly while the Soviets can withstand much more, and weapons there is no real big difference...

A old soviet rifle is a little weak than a SGT44 in this game (but if the sovs inf god mod get a bazooka or sgt44 gg)...

The soviet still no need much cover as germans, and the better range of the germans dont work half of the times because the low vision and the maps of course.

In the tanks battle the germans are in trouble because the aliens mines that decide the game.

Much things, relic are trying to make russians like the game and buy more or what???

I play mostly 1x1 and are right now tru hard days...

Because with soviet is 2more easy to play, as german you get crazy vs a good player!

Sorry Sir, but you are a retard. Typical german fanboy in his habit.
19 Jun 2014, 16:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Sorry Sir, but you are a retard. Typical german fanboy in his habit.

You are a flooder, dont do discussion, only talk $hit.

But all know that you are winning with M3, maxpin spams.

Good for you right? lol

Go play battlefield for babys, i want a real war game.

And Coh2 are in wrong way, because as the friend above cited, is absurd 1 armored vehicle with MG get ripped by infantry at low distance, is a joke, child game. 2Unreal.

THIS GAME RUN TO "BALANCE", NO REAL, SOO: STEEL BREAST (SOV INFANTRY) > PAPER STEEL (GER VEHICLES).

If this dont work from start, no problem, have ALIEN MINES, AT ALIEN GRENADE and BLIND MAGIC FROM AT RIFLE.
19 Jun 2014, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 16:28 PMJaigen

Cut this BS out. You make no comparisons to the 221/222 or the german HT because if you do you will see that the m3 Brutally cost effective for what its doing.

Katitof is right the 221 does more damage on long range but loses on mid and short range. That alone is fucking absurd. A dedicated attack vehicle that is more expensive loses a dps war with the m3.

Lets sum up all its advantages.

it comes out very early
it has better dps then both other german LV's
it serves as a mobile weapon platform and transport for the soviet infantry.

Mate this unit is as broken as the sentinel of Dow 2 . sure it will becomes crap later on but in the early game you have no counter to this mobile bunker with a BFG on top of it.

And the complaint that the you need to choose a guards unit is about the worst argument i can think of because guards sync so well with tier 1 and they have the best late game stuff. so its not a weakness

And your solution? Nerf it into total uselessness. It also has no turret. It has less armor facing better long range DPS.

No forcing doctrine choice is a weakness (only a pure German player would say otherwise). T2 you do not NEED any particular Doctrine. Using Tier 1 YOU NEED a Guards Doctrine unless you totally outclass your opponent. T1 Soviets is a Pig with lipstick. The lipstick is exploitation of timing and mechanics. (M3 although worse comes sooner, Sniper can be exploited to early retreating due to faction design).

I dont like M3 play nor sniper play. I have no dog in this fight because I feel that T1 is a weak choice unless you are a top 100 player or a bottom 10K player. In the middle where Ost players are decent and Soviet players dont have super micro its playing Russian Roulette.

But what you propose is to make it absurdly useless. And we have enough useless units in this game already.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17
Germany 862
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %