Login

russian armor

New unit profiles

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
11 Jun 2014, 02:46 AM

OKW trucks in their original form are given free after a certain amount of time but take resources to set up. And setting them up isn't all that expensive. The loss of a truck will set the player back a bit, but not by much.

The trucks themselves are far from defenseless, in fact quite the opposite. The flak truck will tear up infantry. An infantry only attack is suicide against it, AT guns are a must since they can attack out of it's range and the healing truck will usually be defended by a constantly healing and reinforcing army that can retreat to it if it comes under attack. Only the resource truck is vulnerable but since it provides no battle utility it can be kept closer to the base where it will be safe.

It's a constant decision for the OKW player on whether to try to rush your truck up to cover a valuable point or keep it further back where it will be safer. Either way it will take the allies players entire army to launch their "sieges" on your trucks as they will need to protect their AT weapons and the OKW player will be attempting to take them out before their truck falls.

The trucks don't need to convert to gain resources, so you can always just leave them as is on contested point and retreat them if you can no longer defend the point. Leaving converted trucks further in the rear where they are less likely to be taken out.
11 Jun 2014, 02:54 AM

Especially using breakthrough doctrine i can get sturmofficer which is a obersoldten squad with officer aura,plus panzerfusiliers...why then tech to truck and lose fuel that can be hoarded for a panther?

Breakthrough commander looks very useful -

The cap territory is cheap and useful.
Sturmofficer and panzerfusiliers give lots of AI options.Especially panzerfusilier at long range combined with sturmpio short.And sturmofficer aura.

Assault artillery seems incredibly useful...looks like basically a sector arty version9possibly less destructive) on an Enemy sector plus a bonus smokescreen for an advance.Imo if it lives up to its description one of the best offmaps in the game.

Finally jagdtiger can compliment panthers for a superb lategame.

Now luftwaffe doctrine -

Mg 34 1 CP- yeah pretty useful lockdown unit that OKW lacks,particularly in truck defense..lets see how utilitarian it is.Will replace fragile kubel.

Fallschirms- star of this doctrine.Expect this to be best okw infantry..in screenshots looks like they can shoot fg42s on the move.How good this doctrine is depends on how good these are vs BARs and penal flamers/dp guards(both of which can kill the truck).

Heavy fortifications seems perfect with a turtle around the truck.

Valiant assault-well another little boost.Why not.

Airborne assault- not that useful as a solo off map ,but could be used defensively to fire support and reinforce and endangered truck sector in defense.

Overall lacks lategame AT,but looks great for defense and infantry.Will have to tech KT probably here.

The 3rd doctrine is seriously pretty disappointing.

Radio silence?Really?So for a few seconds minimap will be blocked..lol.

Infiltration grenade..another pretty meh.Too situational..basic OKW unit already has grenade.

Infrared stg 44 package...will have to tech to obersoldtaen and will be probably marginally better than mg 34 lmg upgrade since it will bolster still long range firepower.

Artillery flares...nah.Poor man's recon.

Panther command tank.Only really useful ability in the doctrine.Could be useful if u went mechanized regiment and jagdpanzers...jagdpanzer and panther combo would hold back most enemy armour likely.But going t3 compromises truck defense and no 75 mm gun for ranged support.

This is by FAR the weakest commander revealed.

11 Jun 2014, 02:58 AM

"Heavy teching". OKW seems to tech fast, its just that they wont be able to afford any fuel for tanks. They can probably try to rush oversoldaten before too much happens, and you still have your previous stuff available.

You wont be able to survive 30 minutes for a KT turtling.

Why not get fallschirmjager and sturmofficer and panther and i think with 75 mm and puppchens,plus luftwaffe doctrine fortifications i can easily survive 30 mins.KT would be altegame luxury..particularly in team games.
11 Jun 2014, 03:00 AM

OKW trucks in their original form are given free after a certain amount of time but take resources to set up. And setting them up isn't all that expensive. The loss of a truck will set the player back a bit, but not by much.

The trucks themselves are far from defenseless, in fact quite the opposite. The flak truck will tear up infantry. An infantry only attack is suicide against it, AT guns are a must since they can attack out of it's range and the healing truck will usually be defended by a constantly healing and reinforcing army that can retreat to it if it comes under attack. Only the resource truck is vulnerable but since it provides no battle utility it can be kept closer to the base where it will be safe.

It's a constant decision for the OKW player on whether to try to rush your truck up to cover a valuable point or keep it further back where it will be safer. Either way it will take the allies players entire army to launch their "sieges" on your trucks as they will need to protect their AT weapons and the OKW player will be attempting to take them out before their truck falls.

The trucks don't need to convert to gain resources, so you can always just leave them as is on contested point and retreat them if you can no longer defend the point. Leaving converted trucks further in the rear where they are less likely to be taken out.

Oh thats good to hear,thank you.So loss of converted trucks won't be crippling.
11 Jun 2014, 03:04 AM

Just how good is assault artillery,say an enemy is sieging my truck from a neighbouring sector.If i use this will it do enough dmg on his at guns,inf or armour for the smokescreen then to move in and roll him up or at least force him to back off?

Also soviet sturmovik attacks that wipes out infantry ,once used over truck..won't this completely break the defense by slaughtering the infantry component.Or the fear propaganda artillery?base pin for all the infantry around the truck..
11 Jun 2014, 03:12 AM

Oh thats good to hear,thank you.So loss of converted trucks won't be crippling.
Yeah it won't be the end of the game, but it hurts your economy enough that it's not something you want happening more then once.
11 Jun 2014, 03:15 AM

They could avoid all that by just making Infantry completely resistant to suppression near their trucks. As a trade-off, force-retreat all squads within that radius if the truck is destroyed? That'd be cool.
11 Jun 2014, 03:19 AM

psequieh *(if I heard correctly) said that the trucks cost some fuel to deploy.

With the trucks far forward, it looks like the far forward trucks would probably need 2 x sturmpioneers to repair, provide security, and construct barb wire and mines.

The LW fortification ability looks attractive.
11 Jun 2014, 03:26 AM

You could always just hit retreat and your troops will get out of suppression, but if you are at the point where your medic truck is surrounded and call-ins are dropping on you it's probably better to just abandon the truck rather then fight to the death for it. A mistake I see constintly is players trying to hold the truck long after the battle has turned badly for them and end up losing their entire force. The truck can always be replaced 7 infantry squads not so much.

Ideally you want to set the medic truck somewhere where it's hard for your enemies to get line of site and far back enough where your enemy can't easily launch an assault from it. If you are fighting around it, things most likely aren't going so well to begin with.
11 Jun 2014, 03:27 AM

psequieh *(if I heard correctly) said that the trucks cost some fuel to deploy.

With the trucks far forward, it looks like the far forward trucks would probably need 2 x sturmpioneers to repair, provide security, and construct barb wire and mines.

The LW fortification ability looks attractive.

Yeah without some sort of emplacement,fortifications how are they going to survive?It would mean if the field force lost one battle,u lost that truck and ur unit production centre and have to tech...Sturmpios can't build any it seems.All hopes on volks.That 75 mm will be precious against zis barrage from darkness.Maybe infrared will be useful in this regard.
11 Jun 2014, 03:28 AM

You guys seem to be highly underestimating the durability of these trucks. They take some time to wear down from even the largest of weapons.
11 Jun 2014, 03:29 AM

You could always just hit retreat and your troops will get out of suppression, but if you are at the point where your medic truck is surrounded and call-ins are dropping on you it's probably better to just abandon the truck rather then fight to the death for it. A mistake I see constintly is players trying to hold the truck long after the battle has turned badly for them and end up losing their entire force. The truck can always be replaced 7 infantry squads not so much.

Ideally you want to set the medic truck somewhere where it's hard for your enemies to get line of site and far back enough where your enemy can't easily launch an assault from it. If you are fighting around it, things most likely aren't going so well to begin with.

I meant the flak truck..which i expect to be the forward truck..with medic backup close by.BTW can i have 2 trucks converted to same type in diff sectors..say 2 flak trucks.So if i lose 1 i don't lose my main production centre for a time?
11 Jun 2014, 03:30 AM

You guys seem to be highly underestimating the durability of these trucks. They take some time to wear down from even the largest of weapons.

^^^ They gain a LOT of health once they set down. You'll only lose one of you place it in a terrible location or get completely overrun.

Fallschirmjager better not disappoint.
11 Jun 2014, 03:31 AM

I meant the flak truck..which i expect to be the forward truck..with medic backup close by.BTW can i have 2 trucks converted to same type in diff sectors..say 2 flak trucks.So if i lose 1 i don't lose my main production centre for a time?
No, only one truck of each type at a time. And only one set up truck on each point.
11 Jun 2014, 03:32 AM

Well my assumption was based on brit trucks which weren't too durable.
11 Jun 2014, 03:33 AM

Also do alpha testers get to play more than the 3 commanders shown?Or just the basic ones?
11 Jun 2014, 03:33 AM

Also do alpha testers get to play more than the 3 commanders shown?Or just the basic ones?
they're are a few more.
11 Jun 2014, 03:37 AM

Do... OKW trucks and resource conversion trucks aid in teammates' resource production? Peter said something about his truck and allied truck on one point... my ally and i can both have a truck on one point, right?
11 Jun 2014, 03:40 AM

Fallschirmjager better not disappoint.

My thoughts exactly....i fear a brutal reinforce cost most.
11 Jun 2014, 03:42 AM

Do... OKW trucks and resource conversion trucks aid in teammates' resource production? Peter said something about his truck and allied truck on one point... my ally and i can both have a truck on one point, right?

Well they can have diff types set up for teammates,like one medic and one flak in same sector..whether they both give boost i don't know.

What's more important to me is if they can get normal bonus from caches,coz otherwise in teamgames-lategame OKW would be pretty unattractive option.They simply won't be able to compete.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS