Login

russian armor

S-Mines

4 Jun 2014, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2014, 10:30 AMJaigen

to be honest i wouldn't mind if they created a single segment ability. what is the use a of a minefield when you need to lay mines at a choke point?

Watch what you're asking for. As we have been accustomed, Relic will probably take your advice, and Pios will plant one mine, at the 60 amo cost of course :D. On the other hand, one mine at the same price and effects as soviet mine, wouldn't be a bad idea.
5 Jun 2014, 23:39 PM

Easiest way to neutralize a full s minefield is mortor barrage. Of course if you went tier one you are screwed...

1. Build time is too short for s mines.

2. Bring back the munition exchange on mine sweeping for both sides. It worked great in vcoh.
5 Jun 2014, 23:53 PM

Build time needs to be increased for individual patches, but you should be able to build individual patches without having 60 muni banked.
6 Jun 2014, 02:19 AM

You'd better remove the signs then too.
6 Jun 2014, 05:22 AM

The signs are stupid, anyway. I can see no sign when I'm steping on a soviet mine that wipes out my squad. But a goofy soviet player has the right to walk its cuntscripts a little bit through an S-mines field, not seeing the BIG SIGNS and still having a very good chance to hit the retreat button and save his squad. What do you want more, BIGGER SIGNS? A factory siren? Fireworks maybe?! Gsus, the nerve!
6 Jun 2014, 05:48 AM

The signs are stupid, anyway. I can see no sign when I'm steping on a soviet mine that wipes out my squad. But a goofy soviet player has the right to walk its cuntscripts a little bit through an S-mines field, not seeing the BIG SIGNS and still having a very good chance to hit the retreat button and save his squad. What do you want more, BIGGER SIGNS? A factory siren? Fireworks maybe?! Gsus, the nerve!

6 Jun 2014, 07:11 AM

Easiest way to neutralize a full s minefield is mortor barrage. Of course if you went tier one you are screwed...

1. Build time is too short for s mines.

2. Bring back the munition exchange on mine sweeping for both sides. It worked great in vcoh.

That is a great idea, anything that punishes spam like this is welcomed, but it should not reward you the full cost of the removed mine though, maybe 50% only.

Build time needs to be increased for individual patches, but you should be able to build individual patches without having 60 muni banked.

Yes it takes almost no time to lay them now and that is not fair, especially considering how long they take to remove. Making s mines take longer to lay is the right solution. As for individual patches I am for it but think it should cost 30ammo or it will get spammed out of control.

It's not good to compare anything to soviet mine because right now its so op and it needs to be toned down. As to why there are signs, the s mines cover a huge area compared to soviet mine. If the soviet mine was to be toned down to normal level then you would see how op the s mines would become without signs.
6 Jun 2014, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2014, 07:11 AMAbdul

It's not good to compare anything to soviet mine because right now its so op and it needs to be toned down. As to why there are signs, the s mines cover a huge area compared to soviet mine. If the soviet mine was to be toned down to normal level then you would see how op the s mines would become without signs.

Just making a point there. S-mines nerf discution is simply stupid before fixing soviet mines. And I think they are fine as they are, with those signs and all.
6 Jun 2014, 13:55 PM

Another issue with them (also an issue for other elements) is the fact that tall tress can hide parts of the map, and hence hide the signs. This is a pretty big issue on road to Khrakov, which is why I don't like the idea of relying on signs to "balance" them.
6 Jun 2014, 22:16 PM

I think another change that needs to happen is that it should cost 60 munitions whether they set up one patch or all of them.

That way they can't just get to 60 and then set up single patches everywhere on the cheap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS