Login

russian armor

where is flanking

31 May 2014, 11:15 AM
Donator 11

Tell my mg and pak crews that there is no flanking. :S
31 May 2014, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 09:11 AMCptEend

(zombie)grenspam, Brit blobs, piospam, 1 sec arti, kangaroos... Need I go on?

CoH1 has probably seen way more cheese strats than CoH2.
It's actually funny you mentioned this. Brits were designed by Quinn Duffy, the same person who made Soviets (not sure if he made Osther too). So yeah, cheesy was strong in OF, even piospam was made to fight bloody brits (and let's face it, they deserved to get destroyed by it ;)). Only zombies were from vCoH.

That is the reason why people played mostly vCoH games in SNF (it was more enjoyable to watch) and why vCoH was prised by so many players and OF not so much.

Ohh, and to make it clear. vCoH was designed by diffrent people than in later expansions.

If anything, coh2 is lacking in the strategic department. The current meta restricts teching options (or teching at all tbh) and the linear commander trees limit strategic options. If your going to bash the game, at least try to do it in an accurate manner.

+1

I can't say about current gameplay because I haven't played CoH2 for a while, but flanking in CoH2 was just a bad joke when you have M3 with flamers and flamehalftrack. You can still do flanks but they lost it's main purpose from CoH, flanking mg42 to destroy wermacht defensive positions. I suppose flanking infantry is valid option for denying them green cover (and only after recent patches that made cover important again, duh).
31 May 2014, 12:38 PM
Patrion 310

Flanking does happen in the game, whether its to flank an MG / defensive position or just to negate cover. Maybe some players will run a blob of infantry into an mg, but not everyone is like that. Lack of flanking due to poor play / skill isn't an issue of the game, its an issue of the player.

I also don't think you can comment on things such as Rifles smoke grenade without playing the Alpha because you have no clue how it even works or how the faction it self works. The only people that would be able to comment are unable to due to NDA.
31 May 2014, 12:50 PM
Benefactor 115

It's actually funny you mentioned this. Brits were designed by Quinn Duffy, the same person who made Soviets (not sure if he made Osther too). So yeah, cheesy was strong in OF, even piospam was made to fight bloody brits (and let's face it, they deserved to get destroyed by it ;)). Only zombies were from vCoH.

That is the reason why people played mostly vCoH games in SNF (it was more enjoyable to watch) and why vCoH was prised by so many players and OF not so much.

Ohh, and to make it clear. vCoH was designed by diffrent people than in later expansions.

He was actually design lead for every CoH iteration bar ToV but the developer team changes from iteration to iteration so it would be unfair to lay all the blame on one person.

As an aside to the general player base if you like CoH1 then shut up and play it but more importantly be that person to run events for the CoH1 scene, make some content, make your scene better because at the moment you guys aren't doing a great job making your scene look good when every post you make involves you shitting on another game.
31 May 2014, 13:06 PM
Patrion 14

+1 to Ipkai
Just as Tommy and Fatal once used to do, put your backs into the game you love. Show us that vCoH is very much alive and kicking.
31 May 2014, 13:56 PM

i wish someone would develop and organize this community to promote WFA and COH2 since we are left out. Maybe write reviews on major sites, devout our couples of hours to promote the game, get into steam community and change the godawful review there etc.
31 May 2014, 14:34 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 09:11 AMCptEend

(zombie)grenspam, Brit blobs, piospam, 1 sec arti, kangaroos... Need I go on?

CoH1 has probably seen way more cheese strats than CoH2.

more for the list:

zumbi bunker, M8 or Bar (owwww nice strat here), sniper spam abuse.....

31 May 2014, 15:00 PM

For obvious reasons people choose not to consider the downfalls of vCoH, while both are great game, none of them is perfect. And imo CoH2 is worthy descedant of CoH franchise
31 May 2014, 17:25 PM

He was actually design lead for every CoH iteration bar ToV but the developer team changes from iteration to iteration so it would be unfair to lay all the blame on one person.
That's probably true. I just read that he was more in development of brits and soviets than any other faction.

As an aside to the general player base if you like CoH1 then shut up and play it but more importantly be that person to run events for the CoH1 scene, make some content, make your scene better because at the moment you guys aren't doing a great job making your scene look good when every post you make involves you shitting on another game.
Bad day? Cheer up, it's not that bad as you see it. I know it can be frustrating the read all those bad things about CoH2, but you are doing great job with your devoted CoH2 promotion. Keep it up and don't waste our time.
31 May 2014, 18:36 PM
Benefactor 115

don't waste our time

I could say the same thing but all I've seen from the CoH1 diehards are shit posts about why CoH2 sucks. I really don't care if you think CoH1 is better than CoH2, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but it confuses me that people who love CoH1 spend most of their time shitting up forums with their negativity instead of doing something positive for their scene.

Recently I have not seen one event being planned for CoH1 and there very few replays being uploaded for people to cast. The only person making an effort is X-Com by streaming regularly but he's only one guy.
31 May 2014, 19:32 PM
Patrion 14

I can't say about current gameplay because I haven't played CoH2 for a while, but flanking in CoH2 was just a bad joke ...

so basically you are saying "I do not play coh2 but I know it's shit because it's not vcoh with new skins". wow
31 May 2014, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 04:29 AMKhan
The simple answer: COH2 is all about cheese. You won't find the tactical gameplay of vCOH here.

This pretty much sums up the game.

e: In 2v2 we flank a lot. So I don't know what this topic is.
31 May 2014, 21:09 PM

I could say the same thing but all I've seen from the CoH1 diehards are shit posts about why CoH2 sucks. I really don't care if you think CoH1 is better than CoH2, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but it confuses me that people who love CoH1 spend most of their time shitting up forums with their negativity instead of doing something positive for their scene.

Saying this is shitting is exterme exaggeration on your part. You just came to this thread with blazing flare of holy fire trying to purge infidels or what? I just stated my opinion about few things about those games, you may not like what I'm saying but stop behaving like if I had violated your mothers honor for fuck sake. Unless you have some arguments that can prove I was wrong in my first post in this thread. If no, goodbye.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 19:32 PMpigsoup
so basically you are saying "I do not play coh2 but I know it's shit because it's not vcoh with new skins". wow
Sorry to be rude, but are you living in your imaginary world or something? Is sentence "I haven't played CoH2 for a while" equal to "fuck CoH2, it should die in fire, vCoH forever, Viva la resistance"? Mea culpa, I should play CoH2 24/7 to be entitled to have opion about this game...
31 May 2014, 21:13 PM

You should have played it since the last major patch to have an opinion on it. If you don't really know how the game is you are wasting your time and everyone else's by posting about it.
31 May 2014, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 21:13 PMDanielD
You should have played it since the last major patch to have an opinion on it. If you don't really know how the game is you are wasting your time and everyone else's by posting about it.
I wrote my post about flanking in hope someone will say if anything had changed about it from my last experience, but I guess all I will have is shitton of patronising.
31 May 2014, 22:24 PM

In my opinion there wasnt much problem with flankings in first place, agreed it should have been more punishing, but its still most effective way to bear ur oponents, that and microing. See no point of all this negativity
Btw scarenow there are a lot of posts from ppl that shit on CoH2 and do it all day, i guess you were misunderstood because most of us dont relise if its serious post, info post or its some trolling, flaming bastard with a lot of free time on his hands :)
31 May 2014, 22:35 PM
Patrion 14

Sorry to be rude, but are you living in your imaginary world or something? Is sentence "I haven't played CoH2 for a while" equal to "fuck CoH2, it should die in fire, vCoH forever, Viva la resistance"? Mea culpa, I should play CoH2 24/7 to be entitled to have opion about this game...

lol. i'm not living in my imaginary world at least i think. but i guess you are or you just can't control what you say. you first accuse me of mis-interpreting you and you paraphrase:
'I do not play coh2 but I know it's shit because it's not vcoh with new skins' to 'fuck CoH2, it should die in fire, vCoH forever, Viva la resistance'.

coh2 has changed a lot in good ways since the march 25th patch, and i guess your statement, 'not playing for a while', means you haven't played the game after the patch.

you don't have to do anything to have an opinion but when you spew that biased shit out in public forum while admitting that you lack the knowledge of the topic and showing that your judgement is clearly affected by your nostalgia, you should expect some flak.
31 May 2014, 22:40 PM

While Relic did some horribe design decitions with COH2, I think they have done a 180 and pretty much scrapped much of the fundamentals behind COH2 infantrycombat, in favour of some of the elements we know from vCOH. If anything, they should get some credit for realising theire mistakes, and I think its a good reason to be optimistic about the future of COH2. Id say that flanking is way more important now, than it was before they changed the infantry combat mechanics.
31 May 2014, 23:10 PM

There is some flanking, atleast more than in earlier patches.
1 Jun 2014, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 22:35 PMpigsoup

lol. i'm not living in my imaginary world at least i think. but i guess you are or you just can't control what you say. you first accuse me of mis-interpreting you and you paraphrase:
'I do not play coh2 but I know it's shit because it's not vcoh with new skins' to 'fuck CoH2, it should die in fire, vCoH forever, Viva la resistance'.

Keyword: ad absurdum.

and i guess your statement, 'not playing for a while', means you haven't played the game after the patch.

;)

you don't have to do anything to have an opinion but when you spew that biased shit out in public forum while admitting that you lack the knowledge of the topic and showing that your judgement is clearly affected by your nostalgia, you should expect some flak.

So what did hurt your feelings exactly? That I said that flanking in CoH2 WAS not important because you could just drive m3+flamer? Or maybe when I said that after a patch (yes, huge shock, I was referring to infantry and cover change patch) you can probably flank enemy infantry to denay green cover? And btw, that fact I said I have not played CoH2 for a while is not equal I don't read this forum and patchnotes.

So much biased shit and nostalgia I can't handle it anymore. Now when you bringed it all to me I feel dirty inside, I hope youre happy you ruined my life forever ;)

---
Ātman and MadrRasha thanks for cheering up, pleasant supirse after that short holy war we had here ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS