Login

russian armor

where is flanking

31 May 2014, 00:50 AM

A core concept of the original game, I am sad and surprised to see it negated in coh2 as far as i know. Russians can drive around in cars past the mg 42 and decrew/kill it with a flamer. oorah and molotovs are good coz they have strategic/flanking value

I saw the WFA today as americans and rifles have smoke grenades of the bat(long range on them too) WTF???

For me this means we will not be seeing mg42s at all in mixed allies and american games at decent and high level play simply becoz it is easily outwitted. Althouh amercans dont have T0 tanks like russians or brits there is still vaulting in coh2 which can be used to pull amazing flanks in the early game with bars and what not.

i fear the we will be seeing grens vs rifles as the early game only.
31 May 2014, 01:00 AM

31 May 2014, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 01:00 AMVonIvan

You're not even using that right!
31 May 2014, 01:21 AM

You're not even using that right!

Improvising is always a good thing.
31 May 2014, 01:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don´t always flank but when i do, M3.
Tell me how much you know about flanking
One does not simply use an MG42
Tries to use an MG42, get´s stolen

"Flanking"

I fear way too much things.
31 May 2014, 01:54 AM

While I am still not sold on free t0 smoke nades, any ability that cost munitions can't be used non-stop without consequences. It is still possible to relocate your MG after it gets smoked if you have adequate support.
31 May 2014, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 01:54 AMDanielD
While I am still not sold on free t0 smoke nades, any ability that cost munitions can't be used non-stop without consequences. It is still possible to relocate your MG after it gets smoked if you have adequate support.

plz somebody tell relic that americans should be an upgrades and strategic army rather than abilty based tactical army.

thx to dear vonivan for hijacking. I am not surprised that you DONT know flanking. I know you since coh1 :)
31 May 2014, 03:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 02:00 AMSmaug

thx to dear vonivan for hijacking. I am not surprised that you DONT know flanking. I know you since coh1 :)

Smaug I know you too buddy, we played in VCoH. When you say "where is flanking" I just laugh because there is tons of flanking in CoH2, and even with smoke grenades it isn't that hard to just re-position your mg42, just like with dealing with regular mortars. Fact of the matter is this thread made me cringe, because I know you rarely play CoH2 and make ludicrous statements such as this. So please, if you like the old "flanking", stick with VCoH, it's your game.
31 May 2014, 03:08 AM

Well we don't see german troops flanking maxims because maxims can turn faster than you can flank ;)
31 May 2014, 03:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remember when you had to play against shocks at 1CP? Well, it´s more or less the same.
31 May 2014, 04:29 AM

The simple answer: COH2 is all about cheese. You won't find the tactical gameplay of vCOH here.
31 May 2014, 04:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 03:06 AMVonIvan

Smaug I know you too buddy, we played in VCoH. When you say "where is flanking" I just laugh because there is tons of flanking in CoH2, and even with smoke grenades it isn't that hard to just re-position your mg42, just like with dealing with regular mortars. Fact of the matter is this thread made me cringe, because I know you rarely play CoH2 and make ludicrous statements such as this. So please, if you like the old "flanking", stick with VCoH, it's your game.

fair enough.. i stop posting in these forums from now on.

"ludicrous statements". These were my observations, you didnt have to be that harsh. cheers :)
31 May 2014, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 04:57 AMSmaug

fair enough.. i stop posting in these forums from now on.

"ludicrous statements". These were my observations, you didnt have to be that harsh. cheers :)

Then don't say I don't know what flanking is ;)
31 May 2014, 07:07 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 04:29 AMKhan
The simple answer: COH2 is all about cheese. You won't find the tactical gameplay of vCOH here.

Man, these rose tinted comments never get old. Maybe one of these days people will accept that coh2 is not meant to be vcoh 2.0. If you can't see the tactical side of coh2 then you aren't really paying attention. All of the tactical elements of vcoh exist in coh2. If anything, coh2 is lacking in the strategic department. The current meta restricts teching options (or teching at all tbh) and the linear commander trees limit strategic options. If your going to bash the game, at least try to do it in an accurate manner.

Boring vcoh fanboy posts are boring.
31 May 2014, 07:52 AM

I find it hilarious how these guys are still hanging on CoH2 fansites and CoH2 streams even a year after release. Apparently they can't get enough of the thing they hate so much.
31 May 2014, 08:55 AM

Ohh it will be fun to see grens without MG42 against rifles.
Probably 'muricans wet dream.

How well pure folk opening worked against rifles in vcoh? I wouldn't expect much to change on this aspect.
31 May 2014, 09:10 AM

Man, these rose tinted comments never get old. Maybe one of these days people will accept that coh2 is not meant to be vcoh 2.0. If you can't see the tactical side of coh2 then you aren't really paying attention. All of the tactical elements of vcoh exist in coh2. If anything, coh2 is lacking in the strategic department. The current meta restricts teching options (or teching at all tbh) and the linear commander trees limit strategic options. If your going to bash the game, at least try to do it in an accurate manner.

^dis :)
31 May 2014, 09:11 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 04:29 AMKhan

(zombie)grenspam, Brit blobs, piospam, 1 sec arti, kangaroos... Need I go on?

CoH1 has probably seen way more cheese strats than CoH2.
31 May 2014, 10:18 AM

VonIvan has the correct response.
31 May 2014, 10:26 AM

keep in mind that flanking is not only flanking support weapons, its also flanking infantry!
Yes, infact infantry CAN be flanked. Even vs pure gren spam vs pure conspam there is lots of flanking involved.

2 grenadiers getting shot by conscripts from 2 different directions will lose.

And 2 conscripts vs 2 grenadiers shooting at them from two directions will also lose.

Flanking flanking flanking.

In coh, mg 42 was better than in COH 2, however, volks were much weaker than grens in COH 2.

So its a tradeoff really. Mg 42 is weaker, grens are stronger.

MG 42 is not useless, however , you always need gren support to back it up.

Which is why i feel getting 4 grens is a must this patch, 3 grens 2 support weapons you just get horribly outcapped by the soviets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★