Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
12 Jun 2014, 14:10 PM

^^

Most of us are not in alpha (myself included). Check the Relic youtube- they removed the German faction video as it's now obsolete. I had initially thought that they were just ashamed of the video (bad press) but clearly there are other reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CoHOfficial/videos
12 Jun 2014, 14:12 PM

You dont have to be in Alpha to know about WFA...
12 Jun 2014, 14:15 PM

So basically all the info we scraped together from the video is kaput,back to square one.Fukin great.
I just hope OKW is competitive in team games whatever changes they have made.
12 Jun 2014, 15:06 PM

^

The unit info should be solid. Teching? nope.

On the bright side, we were not the ones that were the guinea pigs for the old paradigm. : p

I'm still a bit conscious that I did most of my coh2 playing time circa summer to winter of 2013 instead of post elbe day. It was badly balanced game during that time.

--------------------------------

That being said, I saw COH2 selling at Best Buy for $ 31.99. There was another price drop. (old price, $39.99.) There will be further price drops as the months go by. I'm anticipating that in a year or two, all the commanders will be free as well.

Relic doesn't even have the commander DLC page openly listed on the Steam store. I heard their excuse (it's a mistake with steam), and I am doubtful. :p
12 Jun 2014, 15:55 PM

^^

Most of us are not in alpha (myself included). Check the Relic youtube- they removed the German faction video as it's now obsolete. I had initially thought that they were just ashamed of the video (bad press) but clearly there are other reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CoHOfficial/videos

Wow it is gone, isn't it. Good thing I downloaded it, even though it's apparently obsolete now.
12 Jun 2014, 17:18 PM

You guys got a Toilet at home? Don't put the intel into it first. It's not like totally different you know, just....95% ? LOL

And I think I solve the fuel problem with the OKW in team game now. Just need to wait until western come out and muahahahahah
12 Jun 2014, 22:27 PM
12 Jun 2014, 22:32 PM

Fallshirmjagers have panzerfaust, so now OKW can stop early game vehicles and kill them with the Puppchen. They can camo (is that what hide means?) and self heal. Already the best looking infantry unit. Also, they have a bundled smoke grenade so they cant be suppressed. They also have a second grenade that denies cover, somewhat like a molotov.
12 Jun 2014, 22:36 PM

Fallshirmjagers have panzerfaust, so now OKW can stop early game vehicles and kill them with the Puppchen. They can camo (is that what hide means?) and self heal. Already the best looking infantry unit. Also, they have a bundled smoke grenade so they cant be suppressed. They also have a second grenade that denies cover, somewhat like a molotov.
+

Damn right about it. You keep this unit live long enough, they will be the shock troops of long range.

12 Jun 2014, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 22:36 PMKyle
+

Damn right about it. You keep this unit live long enough, they will be the shock troops of long range.

Scoped FG42's should have big dps at medium range, and do decent at long range. I know the first commander that i am going to use.
12 Jun 2014, 22:59 PM

The Fallschirms look like the best, and probably most expensive infantry in the game. Even more expensive than shock troops They probably have average armor/hp.

The US paras unfortunately are armed with lackluster M1 carbines...:( I remember those from vcoh. Why is the profile missing the thompson upgrade?
12 Jun 2014, 23:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Fallschirms look like the best, and probably most expensive infantry in the game. Even more expensive than shock troops They probably have average armor/hp.

The US paras unfortunately are armed with lackluster M1 carbines...:( I remember those from vcoh. Why is the profile missing the thompson upgrade?

Hope the thompson comes from the weapon locker instead of being locked to only paras
12 Jun 2014, 23:10 PM

I would have thought Fallshirmjagers would have smoke grenades to cover their advance, but then i remembered what model 24 grenades were. Unless they somehow throw model 24 grenades that release smoke, the picture of the ability is wrong.
12 Jun 2014, 23:17 PM

Hope the thompson comes from the weapon locker instead of being locked to only paras

Americans cant just get EVERY weapon available to them through the locker. Thomspons are doctrinal to tank crews and paratroopers.

But you do get this upgrade doctrinally:

Any infantry squad getting any of 3 weapons is a big ability already.
12 Jun 2014, 23:19 PM

Scoped FG42's should have big dps at medium range, and do decent at long range. I know the first commander that i am going to use.

I would think that scoped FG 42's would be medium-long range weapons. Have you ever tried using a scope in close quarters? It's hard as shit, all you see are big blurs.
12 Jun 2014, 23:22 PM

I would think that scoped FG 42's would be medium-long range weapons. Have you ever tried using a scope in close quarters? It's hard as shit, all you see are big blurs.

Depends on which scope you use. FG42's aren't going to have insane zoom sniper rifle scopes. They are still assault rifles, so their scopes are set for practically all the ranges infantry can have (set for medium range, but still effective at both short and long range).

FG42 is good at absolutely everything.
12 Jun 2014, 23:45 PM

VCOH paratroopers only equip with M1 Carbine + M1 Recoiless.

Don't know, maybe they forgot to mention ? Like how they forgot to put the right picture of the bundle grenade for the German Paratroopers.

FG42 is the G43 + LMG42 combine together: A stick that will beat your ass so bad that you might want to run when encounter them.

Trust me, you should run.

I must say that Panzer Grenadier is my favorite assault unit in COH2 and German Paratroopers is the first unit I fall in love with when I got into Alpha.

13 Jun 2014, 00:34 AM

vCoH Paratroopers were awful at combat ;)
13 Jun 2014, 02:19 AM
Benefactor 340

What about American veteran rifleman their m1s seem to excell at both medium and long range, this may be ballanced vs OKWs elite but what about against the ostheer, it looks like riflemen eat grens for breakfast.

But I guess New armies are always op for the first month or 2 they are out and then get needed, like PE and their armored cars in vcoh
13 Jun 2014, 02:47 AM
Patrion 27

Sturm Pioneers are my favorite assault unit in COH2. So much damage (and repair) potential in a unit that you get for free at the start of the game.
PAGES (75)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS