Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
30 May 2014, 22:04 PM

I have screenshots of the USA commander abilities. Is posting that against the rules?
30 May 2014, 22:08 PM

I have screenshots of the USA commander abilities. Is posting that against the rules?

Nah, they wouldn't have shown it publicly if they didn't want us to know.

I'm a bit concerned though, it seems each new unit in these factions has multiple abilities and utilities, which makes the old ones look dull. Hopefully it's not too much the case. A Sherman Tank with 3 abilities is more interesting than a Panzer IV with none...
30 May 2014, 22:16 PM

As long as you aren't an alpha tester you can do whatever the hell you want.
30 May 2014, 22:23 PM

Here is the host link with full size:

http://minus.com/mROIoY8niKlUh
30 May 2014, 22:30 PM

I think there was a few things that weren't shown (eg. the 75mm pack howie) including all those units & abilities in Armored company and Infantry company.

There seems to be no Sherman 76 (?)

The USA appears to be high in 'tactical flexibility'. The US infantry is good with all those abilities, and may be the best infantry in the game.

The Sherman is probably similar to the T-34/76 in terms of raw stats but it has those tactical options. The M36 Jackson looks like a paper armor, turreted version of the SU-85. Psquieh mentioned that it has 60 range.

The Sherman and Jackson are both pretty affordable tanks and are in the same price range as the Panzer IV and SU-85.

The 75mm M8 Gun Howie looks pretty neat and flexible as well. It's fast firing too..I saw it three shot a gren squad pretty quickly.

I'm a bit concerned though, it seems each new unit in these factions has multiple abilities and utilities, which makes the old ones look dull. Hopefully it's not too much the case. A Sherman Tank with 3 abilities is more interesting than a Panzer IV with none...

Doctrinal units not shown yet:

Assault Engineers
M10 TD (interesting, a call-in..)
105mm Bulldozer Sherman
Elite Tank Crews
M21 Mortar Halftrack
105mm Priest
30 May 2014, 22:37 PM

+1
couldn't agree more with you
also that retreat point should be implemented for ostheer and soviets because those retreat paths are retarded as hell sometimes ,aswell as the bail out of tanks to instant repair the engine damage because as it looks like it will be only the ostheer who will suffer when loosing a pio if the russians went for a doctrine with con repair or soviet industry
imo this is how the game should have looked like from the start>:(
30 May 2014, 22:39 PM

^^

THQ had financial troubles and COh2 was caught in the middle of the firestorm and the mess. The game probably suffered as a result. But I think that the team probably has grown since a year of working and the content here looks better than the content last year.
30 May 2014, 22:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The us base is so ugly
30 May 2014, 22:53 PM

M10 Wolverine doctrinal........I see The western front armies suffers the same design fail like VCoH2--->Too much Units will be doctrinal and split in too much commanders.That only limited the Options in a battle.
30 May 2014, 22:58 PM

The M8 75mm, Sherman 75, and M36 are built from the same building.

The M10 is probably going to be a cheap call-in, I don't know.

The Pathfinder infantry are like G43 grenadiers with additional sight range and 5 man squads. This is probably the standout.

The Veteran Infantry are the basic rifles with rifle grenades, rifle smoke grenades, and grenades.

The Rear Echelon Infantry is the US version of Engineers except they can also fight (with even a suppressing fire ability).

The Gun locker has BARs, bazookas, and 30 cals.

The M1 garands are probably like the SVTs of the penals..?

Pretty much it looks like the USA has the best infantry in the game, really good AI armor but lacking in heavy armor.
30 May 2014, 23:31 PM

so i read this correctly..rifles have smoke grenades of the bat.
hehe.. this means no more mg42s in decent and high level play.
this also means no more sniper(more or less)

as far as i love the versaltility.. i foresee grens vs rifles the only way to play.

i cant wait to see soviet snipers in the m20 greyhound.
30 May 2014, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 23:31 PMSmaug
so i read this correctly..rifles have smoke grenades of the bat.
hehe.. this means no more mg42s in decent and high level play.
this also means no more sniper(more or less)

as far as i love the versaltility.. i foresee grens vs rifles the only way to play.

i cant wait to see soviet snipers in the m20 greyhound.

Um... snipers are not allowed to crew vehicles, and the m20 does not ferry infantry. Thats not happening. I think the image relic trying to portray is that mg42's are strictly support units and cannot hold out on themselves... which makes the soviet faction the best faction of all with its t2 support weapons, as well as its versatile sniper.
30 May 2014, 23:57 PM

It looks like having M36 (or m10) is really important in late game for this faction.

Frankly, this reminds me of Brits and their fireflies.
31 May 2014, 00:18 AM

Um... snipers are not allowed to crew vehicles, and the m20 does not ferry infantry. Thats not happening. I think the image relic trying to portray is that mg42's are strictly support units and cannot hold out on themselves... which makes the soviet faction the best faction of all with its t2 support weapons, as well as its versatile sniper.
There is more to consider then just suppression. Rifles aare 5 men which means they die a bit faster then cons do and the MG42 has high damage. They also don't have the oorah to move quickly or molotovs to force them to move.
31 May 2014, 00:24 AM

"War Spoils gives you rewards after each game, including commanders, skins and intelligence bulletins."

i do hope it this means that youll be able to get dlc commanders by investing time into playing the game (like in any other half decent title dishing out dlc that affects gameplay)
31 May 2014, 00:37 AM

There is more to consider then just suppression. Rifles aare 5 men which means they die a bit faster then cons do and the MG42 has high damage. They also don't have the oorah to move quickly or molotovs to force them to move.

im amazed to read that mg42 have high damage. we already know how fail the supression is due to like minimum 2 bursts. smoke is actually much better than oorah if you think about it, and finally a flanked mg(or in this case smoked mg) is already dead, there is no need for flames to kill it.

WHY CANT WE HAVE AN EARLY GAME WHERE THE FUCKING RIFLES HAVE TO FLANK THE FUCKING MG.
31 May 2014, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 00:37 AMSmaug

im amazed to read that mg42 have high damage. we already know how fail the supression is due to like minimum 2 bursts. smoke is actually much better than oorah if you think about it, and finally a flanked mg(or in this case smoked mg) is already dead, there is no need for flames to kill it.

WHY CANT WE HAVE AN EARLY GAME WHERE THE FUCKING RIFLES HAVE TO FLANK THE FUCKING MG.

Because this isn't VCoH.
31 May 2014, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 22:53 PMAffe
M10 Wolverine doctrinal........I see The western front armies suffers the same design fail like VCoH2--->Too much Units will be doctrinal and split in too much commanders.That only limited the Options in a battle.

CoH2 has more total units than CoH1, and the number of base units is about the same too. You're speaking from nostalgia, not facts.

Wehrmacht had 16, Ostheer has 15, Soviets have 14, and Americans had 12.
31 May 2014, 01:28 AM

Hey what about mines? Will the US have the same universal mines as Soviet and will OKW has minesweeper? (We know the Brits had it late and PE didn't even have it altogether)
31 May 2014, 01:40 AM

Iirc PE Infantry could just detect mines passively, who needs a sweeper?
PAGES (75)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

unknown 36
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %