Login

russian armor

Current balance for both faction

29 May 2014, 09:23 AM

...but for the first time since release the Germans actually have to try to play. Prior to this was pure German dominance, and the sniper was the only way you could stay in the game.

You clearly haven't played the game in last July/August/September. German dominance? You mean SU85 sniping inf, Clown Car Abuse, immortal shocks,soviet strafe killing 5 Grens and a tank. Yeah, what a dominance.
29 May 2014, 09:26 AM

You clearly haven't played the game in last July/August/September. German dominance? You mean SU85 sniping inf, Clown Car Abuse, immortal shocks,soviet strafe killing 5 Grens and a tank. Yeah, what a dominance.

Considering the fact that it was during MG42 pinning and killing 3 squads at once with stuka starfe killing 90% of what it his and what it didn't kill was pinned down even on retreat? Also, super panther, 4 minute KV-8(251FHT), lol ace and so on.
29 May 2014, 09:43 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 09:26 AMKatitof

Considering the fact that it was during MG42 pinning and killing 3 squads at once with stuka starfe killing 90% of what it his and what it didn't kill was pinned down even on retreat? Also, super panther, 4 minute KV-8(251FHT), lol ace and so on.

oh look katitof talking balance despite the fact he plays just one faction i.e soviets
raw
29 May 2014, 09:51 AM

Soviet has some problem too, u know:
1. Going penal + flamethrower spam means u got absolutely no defense against SC. Penal scales very bad in mid and late game.
4. Ele has the same view range and it can get the scope.

To make that fair, Relic decided to make Penals shit tear early game too, so they can suck the entire game for a premium. Not as much as Conscripts, whose only apparent function is to die so the enemy gets vet faster.
29 May 2014, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 09:26 AMKatitof

1. Mg 42 was indeed a real problem for the soviets, but as I said, a clown car always would take it out.

2. Agreed. But it was fixed later, while the soviet strafe still killed everything.

3. Panther was good, but not OP in July/August/September. Su85 and IS-2 were stronger (if used correct).

4. AT-nades actually killed something back then. So did mines, ZIS and an early T-70(yes, it was actually used).

5. Elite-Troops doctrine was released long time later.
29 May 2014, 10:21 AM

oh look katitof talking balance despite the fact he plays just one faction i.e soviets

Hey, look, a random smartass trying to look cool, but all he achieved is looking like a cunt.

Also, my playercard says otherwise.
29 May 2014, 10:22 AM

3. Panther was good, but not OP in July/August/September. Su85 and IS-2 were stronger (if used correct).

then you probably don't remember when panther had over 2000hp at vet 2 :)
29 May 2014, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can we just agree there were shit on both sides and that the balance actually flipped to both sides (for the exception for 3v3+ where Panther spam + PG blobs + Opel was all you could see)
29 May 2014, 11:05 AM

Can we just agree there were shit on both sides and that the balance actually flipped to both sides (for the exception for 3v3+ where Panther spam + PG blobs + Opel was all you could see)

I admit one thing: german army is more difficult to play and soviets can play with a sandwich in the other hand. That is what I admit. And if this is balance, no problem, who likes to play germans will play them even in this state. Relic balance :facepalm:
29 May 2014, 15:49 PM

That is all you ever saw because there were literally no other effective units. Soviet weapons teams got nerfed right off the bat into the ground and penals were terrible and costed 360 MP leaving the Soviet player with really one choice between T1 and T2 (keep in mind that back then the prices of the buildings forced Soviet players to choose between T1 and T2). Everything in T3 was utter trash, and the Katushya/ SU-76 was even worse than it is right now. Only one tank option which you named was effective.

As for your shock troop claim Pgrens were also pretty much immortal which is why late game all you ever saw was Pgren mobs rushing forward with no care for cover.

Both sides Strafe was way to powerful, I dont see why you are only citing the Soviet one

As you can clearly see there were Only Two unparalleled advantages that Soviet had and they were the only two effective units in the whole Soviet arsenal. Both when microed well where very challenging to kill missleading people into thinking that Soviets were OP when really they needed a huge rework. Due to this misconception Shortly after the T2 was nerfed into the ground, the Sniper and SU-85 got huge nerfs making the Soviet army to lag even further behind the Ostheer and surely the second most difficult time for Soviet players (First being right after the march deployment where there were literally no advantages in the Soviet army).

I find it incredible that people can even dispute the balance in the past year.

29 May 2014, 15:52 PM

Why don't people who complain about the meta play soviets more then? The balance difference is nowhere near as vast as it was pro-German, pre- Elbe day.
29 May 2014, 16:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Why don't people who complain about the meta play soviets more then? The balance difference is nowhere near as vast as it was pro-German, pre- Elbe day.

Talk about this days, not from the beta...

29 May 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 16:45 PMBravus

Talk about this days, no from the beta...

Speak proper, Did you mean talk about the recent balance instead of the beta days?
3 Jun 2014, 02:13 AM

I think he was asking if the person was talking about the steaming pile of horse shit balance that gave every advantage to the ost before last patch or the beta.

Love when players who abused the shit out of the previous patch as ost cry about how easy it is to play Russians now when they didn't even play the soviets when it was completely unfair. They even have a p2w commander too.....

You need skill to be an ost player now, deal with it. No more free wins unless you have p2w commanders. L2p and adapt. Be a man, be a proud german grenadier and earn your hard fought wins!
3 Jun 2014, 06:42 AM

I think he was asking if the person was talking about the steaming pile of horse shit balance that gave every advantage to the ost before last patch or the beta.

Love when players who abused the shit out of the previous patch as ost cry about how easy it is to play Russians now when they didn't even play the soviets when it was completely unfair. They even have a p2w commander too.....

You need skill to be an ost player now, deal with it. No more free wins unless you have p2w commanders. L2p and adapt. Be a man, be a proud german grenadier and earn your hard fought wins!

Soviets were at advantage in all times and were easier to play with except: first 2-3 months, and period 25 march - 24 april.
"A p2w commander"? Lol, and how manny p2w commanders have soviet faction, did you ever wonder? And how manny free comanders "for the win" they have? Allways new commanders were better for soviets.

Just 2 examples that came quickly in my mind:

Advanced Warfare compared to Close Air Support
Lend Lease compared to Mobile defense.

The soviet ones are far better. Damn, who the fuck have you saw using Close Air Support lately? Or even Mobile Defense? That because they're so good, isn't it?
3 Jun 2014, 06:45 AM

Just talking about me, but is everyone "abusing" now? When I'm playing 2 v 2 with my mate, we try to do things as tactical as possible. Double cap, good positioning and so on. And the thing is that this does absolutely not matter. Sure we are far from top tier (about rank 1.000) but I always ask myself "Why play like this when your enemies ALWAYS "abuse" the game". Abusing may be the wrong word but I find it strange that there are strats that make no sense but work. For example at the moment all the Russian player has to do is walk close to your grens. If the grens are not in absolute green cover they lose. Same thing with M3. Russian: Just place that car(s) right here -> profit. Sure you can say "Put your grens in green cover". But what shall I do for example at Minsk where everything is yellow cover but rather nothing is green? And in addition if you find green cover you will see the cons throwing a sixpack of molotovs in your direction before you can even say 'Fuck'.

Sorry for the long text but what disturbs me the most is that the game forces blobbing at the moment. Cons and Grens are too equal but Cons won't die while your Grens absolutely will.
3 Jun 2014, 07:08 AM

Just talking about me, but is everyone "abusing" now? When I'm playing 2 v 2 with my mate, we try to do things as tactical as possible. Double cap, good positioning and so on. And the thing is that this does absolutely not matter. Sure we are far from top tier (about rank 1.000) but I always ask myself "Why play like this when your enemies ALWAYS "abuse" the game". Abusing may be the wrong word but I find it strange that there are strats that make no sense but work. For example at the moment all the Russian player has to do is walk close to your grens. If the grens are not in absolute green cover they lose. Same thing with M3. Russian: Just place that car(s) right here -> profit. Sure you can say "Put your grens in green cover". But what shall I do for example at Minsk where everything is yellow cover but rather nothing is green? And in addition if you find green cover you will see the cons throwing a sixpack of molotovs in your direction before you can even say 'Fuck'.

Sorry for the long text but what disturbs me the most is that the game forces blobbing at the moment. Cons and Grens are too equal but Cons won't die while your Grens absolutely will.

A+move with grens. not in a sarcastic manner, but please A move with them. not only they will stop to engage and provide all that accuracy bonuses in shooting while stationary, they also engage at their extreme range, which is at their optimal range.

always do that and cons will have difficulty closing in with all that fire, they will lose models. also makes it far more easier to see cons moving up to throw molotovs and dodge accordingly.

the thing with mid level players using grens is that they keep them constantly on the move to seek better cover and stuff. its not a bad idea but FOTM is a bitch, so stop them to shoot.
3 Jun 2014, 08:35 AM

That might even be a good idea, thank you! I will try that :)
3 Jun 2014, 09:05 AM

Balance overall is good provided that you take a tiger doctrine to compensate for the under performing tier 3 and 4 of the germans. The latest patch has turned all medium armor in blatant favour for the soviets. Relic apparently forgot that they nerfed p4 and stug quite a bit to make room for the soviet tier 3. now that the t34 and p4 are more or less equal (or should be as the t-34 is far better AI and slightly better AT because it doesnt have an insane scatter) its time to buff the german tier 3 back to equal strength.

and of course the panther need a major cost reduction.
3 Jun 2014, 09:18 AM

Don't care about T3, it is balanced enough if you ask me. Urgent things to balance are Panther, PzWerfer, PzGrens, ISU. And nerf that stupid M3. Any middling/good player can overplay a better player with that shit. Or move the german SC in T1 and mortar in T2. There are to many units that are underperforming, and because of that, they are underused or not used at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★