Login

russian armor

Tank crew escaping the tank when it explodes

22 May 2014, 20:22 PM
Donator 11

It would be nice if the crew could have a chance to escape the tank, lets say 15% chance.

They would have pistols as weapons and no armor.

You could also use the crew to give veterancy to new tanks, either a amount of vet points or lets say if they were vet 2 they would give vet 2 to the new tank, you would lose the squad to this action.
22 May 2014, 20:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Nice idea :snfPeter:
22 May 2014, 20:39 PM

This sounds like how Tank Crews were originally concepted, but it was removed early in development for some reason.
22 May 2014, 20:46 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 20:35 PMakosi
Nice idea :snfPeter:

Well ofc it wouldn't work like that :lol:

The crews would go to three categories: light medium and heavy, and this is how it would work vet3 light vehicle crew would give vet 3 to a new light vehicle, vet 2 to a medium and vet 1 to a heavy and vice versa.

This sounds like how Tank Crews were originally concepted, but it was removed early in development for some reason.

Hmm wonder why they wanted to do that.
22 May 2014, 20:48 PM
Donator 11

And also this would give encourage people to make more light vehicles because they would give something back in the late game.

Also it could be a feature that the crew gets better escaping chance after the first escape :lol:
22 May 2014, 21:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

@akosi
ask over pm please no discussing the beta in the public forums.
22 May 2014, 21:09 PM

Amount of vet could be transferred based on vehicle similarity. If a crew of a heavy tank climbs in another heavy tank, all vet is retained. Crew of light vehicle only transfers half their experience.
22 May 2014, 21:53 PM
Donator 11

Amount of vet could be transferred based on vehicle similarity. If a crew of a heavy tank climbs in another heavy tank, all vet is retained. Crew of light vehicle only transfers half their experience.

I think it should be Crew vet minus the amount of difference to the target vehicle (light vehicle has 2 difference to a heavy tank, medium has 1 difference to light and heavy) So vet 3 light squad would give 3-2=1 vet to a heavy
22 May 2014, 21:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

22 May 2014, 23:35 PM

The crew could just transfer the experience points to their new vehicle. There is no need for difficult formulas or 3 types of crews.

Experience point =/= veterancy level. A vet 3 scout car crew probably won't even make a tiger Vet 1.

I think it would be a nice feature, though I would also be content with crew members crawling out of their tanks injured and dying when the tank gets abandoned. It's a bit silly that they yell 'OUT OUT!' yet nobody leaves the tank.
22 May 2014, 23:55 PM

Hmm... and how about a pilot escaping his plane, landing somewhere behind enemies lines; using a pistol only he would sabotage cutoff points?? :)
23 May 2014, 00:06 AM
Donator 11

The crew could just transfer the experience points to their new vehicle. There is no need for difficult formulas or 3 types of crews.

Experience point =/= veterancy level. A vet 3 scout car crew probably won't even make a tiger Vet 1.

I think it would be a nice feature, though I would also be content with crew members crawling out of their tanks injured and dying when the tank gets abandoned. It's a bit silly that they yell 'OUT OUT!' yet nobody leaves the tank.

I think that would work the best :)

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 23:55 PMtokarev
Hmm... and how about a pilot escaping his plane, landing somewhere behind enemies lines; using a pistol only he would sabotage cutoff points?? :)

I would love to see that feature! :clap:
23 May 2014, 01:51 AM

Does anyone know (as best is possible without actually doing it) how difficult it would be to escape a tank sinking in ice?
23 May 2014, 03:03 AM
Donator 11

Found this, its a guide to sherman crew when and how to escape their tanks, i think its the same process as in icy water apart from getting back to the solid ice and the water temperature.

Once the water had risen to six feet or so above the turret, the crew, after sitting submerged for a few seconds, then had to make their escape – but in strict order, one at a time, since an every-man-for-himself exodus would have resulted in bodies being trapped in the escape hatches. In the turret, the tank commander, as he was nearest to the turret hatch, would exit first. And as he went he would tap the 75mm gunner on the shoulder to signal that it was now his turn. The 75mm gunner, as he was about to leave, would, in turn, tap the shoulder of his loader for him to get ready to go. In the hull of the tank, the driver and the wireless operator followed the same procedure, but through their own hatch. Sitting, waiting for that tap on the shoulder, and knowing that you had to rely completely on your colleague to fulfil this duty, in murky water with vision restricted to less than one foot, made the short wait seem infinitely long – again, especially for the non-swimmers.
23 May 2014, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 03:03 AMSirlami
Found this, its a guide to sherman crew when and how to escape their tanks, i think its the same process as in icy water apart from getting back to the solid ice and the water temperature.

Good find! The tank is probably tipping on some angle as well. Unfortunate for the non-swimmers; who would have thought a tankist would ever need to swim?
23 May 2014, 03:43 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 21:59 PMnigo
maybe in WF? :P

MAYBE
23 May 2014, 04:16 AM

23 May 2014, 05:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 04:16 AMPorygon

M A Y B E :rolleyes:

MAYBE :snfAmi:
23 May 2014, 05:35 AM

Great feature, but I don;t know if they will ever implement this. Anyway, they already have the first step to do that in the actual game. Think. Abandoned vehicles. If it's abandoned, where is the crew that abandoned it? In such situation, the left crew members should by default exit with the retreating mark on their heads and run to Hq. And there you have your abandoned tank crew waiting at your Hq. Wouldn't that be something?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★