Login

russian armor

More Map Vetoes Please

21 May 2014, 22:42 PM

Dear developers, please give us more map vetoes. The current 1v1 map pool is filled with terribly imbalanced maps and 3 vetoes just isn't enough for an enjoyable gaming experience. For instance, when I play as the Germans, 1 vote automatically goes to Stalingrad (did you even play test this map?). This leaves me with only 2 more vetoes. How am I going to avoid auto-losses with just 2 vetoes when only about 3 out of 10 1v1 maps are properly balanced?
21 May 2014, 23:01 PM

Dear developers, please give us more map vetoes. The current 1v1 map pool is filled with terribly imbalanced maps and 3 vetoes just isn't enough for an enjoyable gaming experience. For instance, when I play as the Germans, 1 vote automatically goes to Stalingrad (did you even play test this map?). This leaves me with only 2 more vetoes. How am I going to avoid auto-losses with just 2 vetoes when only about 3 out of 10 1v1 maps are properly balanced?

+1
21 May 2014, 23:33 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree with more map vetoes.
22 May 2014, 00:02 AM

If only "Winter" were a drop-down weather setting on a single map such as Langreskaya or Kholodny Ferma, you could veto all four terribly imbalanced versions in 2 vetos! ~like magic~
22 May 2014, 00:15 AM

or... you know..

fix better maps or rebalance those we have already
22 May 2014, 01:58 AM

I agree %100

I absolutely hate Crossing In The Woods for 2v2. It's just like The Scheldt in CoH1, no skill required, who can MG the most, who can bomb the best type of map.

Minsk pocket too. A typical build in the map is MG MG MG Mortar MG MG Mortar Conscripts. Nice strategic and tactical decisions there.
22 May 2014, 03:50 AM

We need Angoville. :(
22 May 2014, 04:26 AM

Someone I was playing with last night told me that Germans always win crossing in the woods.

:(

I must be a terrible player
22 May 2014, 05:55 AM

Someone I was playing with last night told me that Germans always win crossing in the woods.

:(

I must be a terrible player

22 May 2014, 06:56 AM

Im for 4 Vetoes in 1v1. Maps like Minsk, Langres Winter and Crossing are absolutely painful to play on. 1 more Veto vote would give you the oppotunity to disable 1 more map you hate. Which is very likely, because the half of the maps is good and the other half is either mediocre or just plain bullshit.
22 May 2014, 07:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Or how about just skipping the whole automatch shit and give us a game lobby?

problem solved, case closed
22 May 2014, 07:38 AM

Or how about just skipping the whole automatch shit and give us a game lobby?

problem solved, case closed

That would be way to easy and consumer friendly.
22 May 2014, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 00:15 AMMackie
or... you know..

fix better maps or rebalance those we have already

That kind of thinking will get us no where :foreveralone:
22 May 2014, 13:37 PM

I usualy use only one veto in 1v1 or 2v2 - Crossing in the woods which I hate, cannot explain why; recently i figured it out I did a mistake and now I play it too. I think different, let me explain why:
I don't think it's a good idea for the player in you to restrain your knowledge to only 1-2 maps. You will be sick of them eventualy, and then when you will try to play other maps you will be owned by players weaker than you who just have experience on that map. Do not underestimate the map understanding phenomenon (given by the number of games you had on that map). It's important, as your skill and micro level are.

I'm not against the possibility to veto to any number of maps, I just don't think it's a good idea for those who are tempted to exclude them from their games.
22 May 2014, 13:44 PM

+!
22 May 2014, 14:10 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The maps that often get vetoed should get pushed off the map rotation and moved to back until the issues have been fixed and the map is ready for a test run again.
22 May 2014, 14:21 PM

The maps that often get vetoed should get pushed off the map rotation and moved to back until the issues have been fixed and the map is ready for a test run again.

absolutely
22 May 2014, 14:35 PM

I would be happy if vetoing a map actually meant not getting a game on that map. Some days upwards of 30% of games I get are for vetoed maps...

As for re balancing maps well that depends on how the game is balanced. Kholodny is a pain in the arse if sov have Isu cause flanking is difficult. Kholodny winter is painful cause snowstorms and line of sight make staying at max distance for grens almost impossible. Crossing in the woods was a nightmare for soviets when g43 were max range weapons.

Stalingrad is absolute garbage for ost. Minsk pocket is a frustrating map because so many bushes prevent units firing because their los is blocked even though everythin appears ok. Given the changes in positioning for weapon profiles many maps have huge issues design wise.

Unfortunately I doubt we will see any changes anytime soon...
22 May 2014, 14:39 PM

I usualy use only one veto in 1v1 or 2v2 - Crossing in the woods which I hate, cannot explain why; recently i figured it out I did a mistake and now I play it too. I think different, let me explain why:
I don't think it's a good idea for the player in you to restrain your knowledge to only 1-2 maps. You will be sick of them eventualy, and then when you will try to play other maps you will be owned by players weaker than you who just have experience on that map. Do not underestimate the map understanding phenomenon (given by the number of games you had on that map). It's important, as your skill and micro level are.

I'm not against the possibility to veto to any number of maps, I just don't think it's a good idea for those who are tempted to exclude them from their games.

What you dont like a campfest ISU/Ele friendly non flankable turtle fest backed up by indirect fire???? WHY NOT!?

LOL

I LOATHE crossing in the woods. Strangely I do pretty good on that map but I still hate the hell out of it.

And Stalingrad please delete tyvm.
22 May 2014, 19:11 PM

Permanently Banned

dont like that, since there are players which like certains maps everyone hates... for example i loved prypjat and now its gone :( giving more vetoes or a game lobby helps you determine what you want to play with strangers unlike custom match where you have to invite others...

dunno why they made it that way, game lobbys were awesome for every rts i played so far...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS