Login

russian armor

Did they remove the online counter?

21 May 2014, 11:57 AM

Am I correct that the counter that shows how many people are online got removed?
Why did they do that?
21 May 2014, 11:58 AM

Am I correct that the counter that shows how many people are online got removed?
Why did they do that?

It's still there, you can see the number of people online by clicking the menu button
21 May 2014, 11:59 AM

It is placed under menu/chat.
21 May 2014, 12:03 PM

Weird, I started the game about 5 minutes ago and there was nothing.
21 May 2014, 12:10 PM

Because you need to click on the chat first to see it.
21 May 2014, 13:49 PM

No, still nothing here. Just a blank black spot where it used to be.

21 May 2014, 13:51 PM

i notice the same stuff last night. tbh there were only 3000 player online :(
21 May 2014, 13:55 PM

katiof u need to play more MVGame so you would notice that MVGame
21 May 2014, 14:04 PM

As I've said, it displayed when you clicked on the CHAT not options.
But there is another funny thing-all chat rooms are empty, which I haven't noticed before. I'll take a wild guess and say its related to why you can't see number of players online now as well.

Mr + I don't have the need to click there constantly, because my team mates are all on TS with me and the only chat I need and want to use is Twitch one.
21 May 2014, 14:09 PM

There still isn't any online counter when clicking on the chat, katitof.
21 May 2014, 14:25 PM
21 May 2014, 14:54 PM

Game is far from dead, and theres a expansions around the corner by the way.

If you want to see the online numbers, theres still steam charts.
21 May 2014, 15:16 PM

Lol my friend it is very dead. Expansion might bring #s up for a time but it will be short lived. I personally like where it is going but if there is a disaster at the release of expansion, it will be an end to the franchise.
21 May 2014, 15:26 PM

What constitutes a "dead" game in your opinion? I can still find matches fairly quickly and easily in any game mode, the only thing I think is almost dead is the competitive scenario...
21 May 2014, 16:04 PM
Donator 33

Yeah, the counter was there yesterday, but it doesn't show up today. Probably just making a change, it was rather inconspicuous.

Lol my friend it is very dead. Expansion might bring #s up for a time but it will be short lived. I personally like where it is going but if there is a disaster at the release of expansion, it will be an end to the franchise.

Nah, it is just a very different product than CoH1. I preferred vCoH, but once you've "learned to stop worrying and love the bomb", CoH2 offers some pretty solid, casual fun. And I'm guessing Relic is making some decent money compared to CoH1.

But the community is pretty superfluous, since there's not much to learn nor gaming-beauty (if you know what I mean). Hence the somewhat toxic milieu. The residing users on COH2.org are getting fed up with people who want this game to be something it'll sadly never be.

21 May 2014, 21:18 PM

I'd say a dead game is a game with a declining fanbase, no real growth in sales or large opening sales #s, no main esports coverage, and a chat room filled with 0 people.

Takes me 5 minutes or longer to find games most of the time. All my buddies are slowly moving away from the game, the big twitch broadcasters are all but gone (maybe I can start casting now yay!), the #s watching SNL are on the decline, if there is more I missed it.

I'm not saying I dislike the game, I like it the way EUPOLEMOS described it, a casual fun game not to be taken to seriously. I stopped taking it seriously and have come back to it and its a bit more fun. I really wanted to try and get better so I could compete in an esport for the first time but that's not happening with this game apparently. I'll most likely buy the expansion since its pretty cheap, or I may wait till its on sale, Coh2 was on sale only a few months after INITIAL release, so I wont have to wait to long.
21 May 2014, 22:36 PM

ppl will come back for western front armies hoping for new brits with roo spam/staghounds
21 May 2014, 22:45 PM

I'd say a dead game is a game with a declining fanbase, no real growth in sales or large opening sales #s, no main esports coverage, and a chat room filled with 0 people.

Takes me 5 minutes or longer to find games most of the time. All my buddies are slowly moving away from the game, the big twitch broadcasters are all but gone (maybe I can start casting now yay!), the #s watching SNL are on the decline, if there is more I missed it.

I'm not saying I dislike the game, I like it the way EUPOLEMOS described it, a casual fun game not to be taken to seriously. I stopped taking it seriously and have come back to it and its a bit more fun. I really wanted to try and get better so I could compete in an esport for the first time but that's not happening with this game apparently. I'll most likely buy the expansion since its pretty cheap, or I may wait till its on sale, Coh2 was on sale only a few months after INITIAL release, so I wont have to wait to long.

i have to agree with you ; i'm sad to say i'm the only one left of all my friends
it's funny how when there is a free weekend the number of players is showing to disappear again after a week or two:(
27 May 2014, 09:04 AM

It doesn't show under menu or chat or options for me......? Where did it go?
27 May 2014, 10:48 AM

IMO I think they're ashamed how low their player base has dropped. So they removed it ingame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★