Login

russian armor

Bobby "Lynx" Miller employed at Sega

PAGES (11)down
23 Feb 2013, 16:40 PM

hopefully, Sega/Relic can furnish us with some solid information making this bickering over an unemployed Community Manager moot.
23 Feb 2013, 16:42 PM

Apoc Kaufman > THQLynx in every way.

and the biggest proof of that is he got outta town long before losing his job
unlike the unemployed guy who is in the title of this thread.

It's funny you bring Apoc up, because Apoc invited me to become a C&C Community Moderator back in 2007, a spot I still hold today. I say this because I got to know him very well, all the way until he left EA to join THQ. The EA C&C team is still called Apoc's Army to this day:

http://i.imgur.com/HasL2Yi.png

Given how close I was to Apoc for years, I do not see how Apoc is/was any better at his job than Lynx is/was. Sure, Apoc was on top of his game too when it came to social media, but he was much more reserved when it came to communicating with fans. He was more of a marketing oriented CM than a "one of the guys" type. He was talking with fan site staff, journos, etc. far more than actual community members. When Apoc chose to talk to the fans, it was typically via a forum announcement post, Twitter message, and/or website update.

I should also note that over the course of years I never got the impression that Apoc actually enjoyed playing RTS games, even though he spent so many years managing the C&C, and Battle for Middle Earth communities. I don't think that those of us on the C&C team ever got him to actually play with us, even though it was talked / joked about many times. Again, this isn't to say that he was a bad CM, but it's nice when you've got a CM that actually understands, and enjoys the game(s) that they're representing.

Apoc leaving EA, and/or Apoc leaving THQ has nothing to do with someone being a good CM. In fact, Apoc left a lot of people very sad / disappointed when he chose to depart EA LA following the release of C&C 4. This was at a time when more than anything else the community needed a good CM to help pick spirits back up. It took a very long time to get someone more permanent back in place (currently Eric "CIRE" Krause).

I feel that the fact that Lynx seems to want to stay connected with Company of Heroes, and all things Relic shows committment. He's a fan, he seems to care about the franchise, the community, etc. How can you view this as anything but evidence of a good CM? He could have very easily just gone the way of Apoc when crap hit the fan, and found some other game to represent.
23 Feb 2013, 16:47 PM

unlike the unemployed guy who is in the title of this thread.

From Lynx twitter (I dunno how to link specific tweets):

"I'm doing good dude. I've got a job! Can't announce it just yet, but I will hopefully be able to in the next week or two." February 13th, 2013

But I'm sure he's lying just to irk you.
23 Feb 2013, 16:53 PM

It's funny you bring Apoc up, because Apoc invited me to become a C&C Community Moderator back in 2007, a spot I still hold today. I say this because I got to know him very well, all the way until he left EA to join THQ. The EA C&C team is still called Apoc's Army to this day:...
He could have very easily just gone the way of Apoc when crap hit the fan, and found some other game to represent.

having a wife will do that
23 Feb 2013, 17:30 PM

raynor, i defended you on gamereplays, and you were often right. But i think that after THQ going bankrupt, your profiles on this website are getting "redundant", which means that actually you have no reason to be here anymore.

Also i believe that you are not banned yet, because you are hiding after multiple accounts, and contacting this website with different ip addresses (proxy). If you are who i think you are, then it will be hard to ban you from this site.

I'm just getting tired of your shameless SC2 propaganda, which is not linked to CoH2 issues but with your background/interest in SC2.

It seems advertising is a new reason to be here.

23 Feb 2013, 23:22 PM

I have no clue what is going on here.
24 Feb 2013, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2013, 17:30 PMpionr
raynor, i defended you on gamereplays... reason to be here.

Don't hate the player.. hate the game.

Conversation in all CoH2 related forums has deteriorated substantially since the self imposed silence by Relic and Sega.

Despite this trend I've made contributions. While people are trashing Relic hard i remind them that Duffy is doinjg what he can within the limits of his job.

Once Sega and Relic begin moving forward things will improve every where.

If we get past March 1 though, with nothing from Sega/Relic I'll be on the same side as the angry mob flaming everyone everywhere.
24 Feb 2013, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2013, 17:30 PMpionr

I'm just getting tired of your shameless SC2 propaganda, which is not linked to CoH2 issues but with your background/interest in SC2.

It seems advertising is a new reason to be here.

I don't understand your hostility. COH is an rts game... so is SC, isn't it natural to compare and contrast? Besides, since we have no clue as to when COH2 is coming, why not try a different RTS game? We're all just trying to have fun and help others in our little niche have fun, right?! :)
24 Feb 2013, 00:25 AM

i'm having fun
24 Feb 2013, 10:54 AM

Raynor; you're showing clear signs of schizophrenia when you're logging in to other accounts to respond to your own comments. Please stop it. It's annoying.

24 Feb 2013, 11:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

From Lynx twitter (I dunno how to link specific tweets):

"I'm doing good dude. I've got a job! Can't announce it just yet, but I will hopefully be able to in the next week or two." February 13th, 2013

But I'm sure he's lying just to irk you.

I think he has to wait until SEGA and Relic have got the rest of their plans ready before he can say anything about it. Seeing as he posted that on February 13th, we might hear something this week.
24 Feb 2013, 11:46 AM

what is this topic about?
i only read: i think, maybe, i dont understand, i have no clue...

24 Feb 2013, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2013, 10:54 AMDwighty
Raynor; your showing clear signs of schizophrenia when your logging in to other accounts to respond to your own comments. Please stop it. It's annoying.

i do not multi-account
24 Feb 2013, 13:13 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

i do not multi-account

Then I should delete your JimRaynor account user #770?
24 Feb 2013, 13:46 PM

Then I should delete your JimRaynor account user #770?

i have no idea whose account that is.
if u want to delete it
it won't bother me.

it's possible i created that account many months ago and never used it ?
if it was created under the IP address i am on right now then that is probably what happened.

as far as "talking to myself" though.. that account has 0 posts.
26 Feb 2013, 19:14 PM
Patrion 14

About the was Lynx a good CM (or maybe THQ/Relics community work in general) question.

I just want to offer my perspective. Who am i? I am coh player of course, i am part of he coh community but i was never activ e on GR, i dont think i will be here, i belong to the germany coh community. Which isnt that small by the way. I dont own an offical position, i dont got contact to THQ/Relic what ever (not that i didn´t try).

I have no doubt that lynx was a hughe deal for you guys here and that he did a lot for you (Beta Keys, social media stuff, promoting this side, and so on) which was sometimes (SNF for example) of course god for the coh community as a whole.

He did about nothing for the german community. What seems to be some kind of Relic/THQ company policy. You get x hundred Bet Keys, we got i think it were 20. You get a in game chat in about 2 weeks, we are asking for this since years (offical answer: its not possible, a technical issue).

Tommy, i think it was you who said every CoH YouTuber who asked (and has i decent amout of subscribers i think) got a beta key. That may be right for you english speaking guys. Personally i dont even got a respond to my question, neither my german colleagues did. If he said no, ok, but he don't even answer.

It are simple things who may cost about nothing and who would make thousands of coh player happy. and what did they (or he) do? nothing, or even worse something that says as obvious we dont care about you like spitting in someones face.

Again i appreciate the work he and THQ did for you its the natural, the easy way to support just the big players and doenst´t care about the rest.

So what can i say about Lynx? He did the same THQ ever did -> nothing, for my party of the coh community of course.
27 Feb 2013, 00:03 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

That's the reason because we created a forum on this website (a private forum) where developers and representatives from all the communities (including HQ-COH and COHJC) can talk about these kind of collaborations that could greatly help each community growing.

During these last months, even when I was still on Gamereplays, I actively collaborated with HQ-COH. For example everytime Lynx gave me a new image I suddendly gave it to Kastenbrot and we then portalized our news with the new images (ours in English and those of HQ-COH in German), all thanks to Lynx who decided to share this stuff with us some time before they went official so we had time to prepare those news.

The German community got some keys, all coming from Lynx! Lynx gave them to me and I gave them to Kastenbrot for contests/giveaways. I also gave one directly to Kastenbrot, one to Pfuscher for his great work on his mod and one to Freestyler because he's a top player.

And the same situation you are describing now happened also to the Japanese community (who got the same treatment, they got some keys from me sent me from Lynx directly).

I am sorry that you got disappointed but I assure you it wasn't Lynx fault, maybe you just came late. This cooperation is still new for everyone but I'm sure in the future we will get way better results and you won't be disappointed. :)
27 Feb 2013, 20:04 PM
Donator 22

Its official now. Congrats Bobby!

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/A-letter-to-the-CoH-community-from-THQLynx

Can't wait to get more frequent updates. Its an exciting time in the CoH world!
27 Feb 2013, 20:12 PM

27 Feb 2013, 20:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think he has to wait until SEGA and Relic have got the rest of their plans ready before he can say anything about it. Seeing as he posted that on February 13th, we might hear something this week.

Not a bad guess, have to admit -_-

Finally some good news. Next step is getting the beta out.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS