Login

russian armor

World builder crashes for some reason, need help!

8 May 2014, 17:07 PM

Hello, I'm working on a big map, but world builder crashes almost constantly now. Every time I place 2 objects, it crashes. Is there an object, grass or some other kind of limit that I transcended? (Please ignore my bad english.) ;)

I don't want to lose this map, there are many hours of effort in, and it's highly detailed. (eye candy! :D)
8 May 2014, 17:34 PM

Hello, I'm working on a big map, but world builder crashes almost constantly now. Every time I place 2 objects, it crashes. Is there an object, grass or some other kind of limit that I transcended? (Please ignore my bad english.) ;)

I don't want to lose this map, there are many hours of effort in, and it's highly detailed. (eye candy! :D)

I don't think there is a limit, I have tons of objects, SPLT, splines...ect, in my map.

Can you throw up some screenshots of your highly detailed area's, as to give an idea of how much you have?

What are your computer specs?
8 May 2014, 17:45 PM

Are you using splines or just using objects to create walls,hedges,fences ect? If you are using the object tool you will have a huge number of objects that will possibly cause the WB to crash, however I think splines count as 1 object in the WB. correct me if I am incorrect. My WB goes unresponsive when I intially open it but I just wait a few seconds (10-15s) and it works fine.
9 May 2014, 06:46 AM

I don't think there is a limit, I have tons of objects, SPLT, splines...ect, in my map.

Can you throw up some screenshots of your highly detailed area's, as to give an idea of how much you have?

What are your computer specs?

I still have the crashes. Maybe I can find some kind of error report?

I have the feeling that the high amount of grass is causing the crashes... My map is not finished, I'm on about 50% completion, but I can't continue because of the crashes. I rarely experienced crashes!

i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz overclocked to 3.4 GHz
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 (3 GB VRAM)
16 GB RAM (Kingston HyperX Beast)
Windows 7 64-bit

World Builder is installed on my SSD. I have no lag when editing.

Some screenshots, but I don't know how to enhance the graphics / grass draw distance (if this is even possible):

Hope that it can give some obviousness. :wave:

9 May 2014, 10:56 AM

big map and highly detailed?

Not a good combo.

how big exactly?

to improve worldBuilder performance disable water (View->Water), and go to Atmosphere Properties and un-tick everything except sunlight
9 May 2014, 11:36 AM

how big exactly?

1024x800, PA 800x576
9 May 2014, 14:53 PM

Using the select objects, on my map, I zoomed out and selected everything. I have 3790 objects splines SPLTS..ect, on a 800x800 playable area, 928x928 total. I'm having no issues. If you are referring to the grass tool, it uses Bloom rendering, and is not the problem. I have no water on my map, but I've added water before, just to see how it would be, and had no issues, but that was some time ago, and less objects. You could eliminate that as an issue by deleting your water, or disabling as suggested above, and seeing if it still crashes.
You specs look more than sufficient. The screenshots look normal for detail. The question was asked earlier, are you using object splines to make hedge rows, walls...ect, or are you placing objects 1 at a time?

The map has really good details btw, impressive! :)
9 May 2014, 15:54 PM

Using the select objects, on my map, I zoomed out and selected everything. I have 3790 objects splines SPLTS..ect, on a 800x800 playable area, 928x928 total. I'm having no issues. If you are referring to the grass tool, it uses Bloom rendering, and is not the problem. I have no water on my map, but I've added water before, just to see how it would be, and had no issues, but that was some time ago, and less objects. You could eliminate that as an issue by deleting your water, or disabling as suggested above, and seeing if it still crashes.
You specs look more than sufficient. The screenshots look normal for detail. The question was asked earlier, are you using object splines to make hedge rows, walls...ect, or are you placing objects 1 at a time?

The map has really good details btw, impressive! :)

I'm not using object splines at all, only deform and texture splines. (deform for roads and fields). I think that I have a huge amount of objects, because I placed reeds (object) across the whole river that is as long of the map. I'll how many objects I have, 1 sec.
9 May 2014, 15:57 PM

You should be using object splines everywhere u get a chance. Those reeds along the water are a great example, and you will find it will save you much time as well. Use them of walls, fences, basically anything that is in a row. This is most likely the issue.
9 May 2014, 16:01 PM

When I just select the whole map, I get 11752 selections. Without objects 885.

Can I delete a specific object (swampgrass_m_01) for example, and then ALL of the swampgrasses at the same time? I think it's possible but I'm not sure how, but I think deleting all those reeds/swampgrasses will prevent crashing because I just have too many.
9 May 2014, 16:03 PM

You should be using object splines everywhere u get a chance. Those reeds along the water are a great example, and you will find it will save you much time as well. Use them of walls, fences, basically anything that is in a row. This is most likely the issue.

Is there a tutorial for this? Because I know how to use texture and deform splines, but I'm not sure how to use object splines, I can't add objects to the spline list for example.

And about my previous post, can I edit the swampgrass_m_01 to object splines instead of objects?

Thanks for helping me out! :)

EDIT: Ah, I found how to add it to the list. :) Lets try......
9 May 2014, 16:37 PM

Is there a tutorial for this? Because I know how to use texture and deform splines, but I'm not sure how to use object splines, I can't add objects to the spline list for example.

And about my previous post, can I edit the swampgrass_m_01 to object splines instead of objects?

Thanks for helping me out! :)

EDIT: Ah, I found how to add it to the list. :) Lets try......

Just remember, there is two lists, default, and currently selected. That confused me at first. You should be able to zoom out, and double click an object, and all of the same object should select.
9 May 2014, 16:41 PM

Just remember, there is two lists, default, and currently selected. That confused me at first. You should be able to zoom out, and double click an object, and all of the same object should select.

Oh. Ok.

But the object splines, do they react as an object? Or a visual? Because for reeds, it's good to have it as a visual, but for walls, you want them to be an object, right? Is that the wall-mode thing?
9 May 2014, 17:18 PM

The splines should work as objects in game, I.e walls will act as cover and can be crushed. The wall mode just pushes the ends of each wall section together so there is no gaps.
Once you have placed your splines you can edit the state of certain sections, by clicking on the 'edit state' button in the 'current' (when an object is selected) section of the object spline tool. This will allow you to create sections that are damaged, i.e. broken down fences.

This page should give you plenty on info on splines http://www.coh2.org/guides/10390/worldbuilder-the-spline-tool-in-detail

Hope this helps.
9 May 2014, 17:53 PM

One thing I noticed about edit state, with object splines. When you type in the section number, you must hit enter before that number is selected. Some of the other number entry fields, dont require hitting enter, so it was misleading at first.
9 May 2014, 18:23 PM

The splines should work as objects in game, I.e walls will act as cover and can be crushed. The wall mode just pushes the ends of each wall section together so there is no gaps.
Once you have placed your splines you can edit the state of certain sections, by clicking on the 'edit state' button in the 'current' (when an object is selected) section of the object spline tool. This will allow you to create sections that are damaged, i.e. broken down fences.

This page should give you plenty on info on splines http://www.coh2.org/guides/10390/worldbuilder-the-spline-tool-in-detail

Hope this helps.

Thanks. :banana:
11 May 2014, 14:38 PM
11 May 2014, 19:56 PM

Any update? changing to splines has helped?

I deleted the reeds and replaced them with object splines. That made me lose 75% of the objects in the map! No crashing anymore. The crashing was related to the huge amount of objects (reeds), but is fixed now.

I'm still working on the map, it's going to be an awesome map :thumbsup: Fences are so easy with object splines... :D

Thanks guys! :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS