Login

russian armor

Poll: About limiting heavy tank call ins

Should Heavy Tanks Call-ins be limited to 1 on the field?
Option Distribution Votes
66%
34%
Total votes: 118
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 May 2014, 09:49 AM

I'm creating this poll in order to summarize what Coh2 community would like to be implemented by Relic staff.

This issue may be very easy to fix (in case of implement it, it's not needed many resources from Relic programmers).

In my oppinion, from my experience and my last 10 games, I don't feel the need of building tier 3 or 4 when playing 2v2 games. That let me float many many fuel that can be used to 2 heavy call ins in the first 25 minutes. (Elephant/Isu-152/IS-2/Tiger) that means, if the enemy have T3 tanks, they will be schreded by my pretty monsters. This situation give me advantages but I'd like to see this changing in favour of combined arms. Because limiting Heavy Call ins will force us to go for the tank tiers.
8 May 2014, 10:00 AM

YES PLEASE.
For competitive playing, for more strategic depth, for less 'click and win' buttons.

2 tigers on the field / player is sad, it's bad for the gameplay.
2 ele's/player is also stupid.

I really hope we can

1) make a competitive mod where we can restrict the call-ins
2) relic restricts them (but I don't have my hopes up high for this one. For newer players it's cool to have 2 tigers, it has a certain attraction. So they won't restrict it I think.
8 May 2014, 10:05 AM
8 May 2014, 10:12 AM

Yes yes yes!!! I really dont like to see 3 tigers or 3 isu-152 or spam of other heavy units. 1 super tank for each player would be nice
8 May 2014, 10:31 AM

I voted no. Not because I think the call-in system is fine, but because I want another solution.

I love the ideas cruzz posted in his thread. Here are his ideas, mixed with some of mine:

1) Make call-in tanks require tech to call in.
2) For Germans, Pumas and STUGIIIEs should require BP2. Tigers and Elephants should require BP3.
3) All soviet call-in thanks should require either T3 or T4 to be build.
4) T34/85 changed to single call-in (the tech requirement would make it overly difficult to obtain these tanks when taking their performance into account).

At the moment I feel most call-in tanks (ISU/ele excluded..) are rather balanced for their price. However, because stock tanks are so expensive to tech to, there is no reason for soviets or germans to tech to T3/T4. You are just shooting yourself in the foot by teching to tanks. You can tech and get a single T34/76 / P4, or, you can spend the same amount of fuel OR LESS and get a vastly superior heavy tank.

With the tech-requirement for call-in tanks, a single T34/76 or P4 would no longer be more expensive than a IS-2 or Tiger. This would make the mid-game much more interesting than the 'spam infantry -> call in (heavy) tanks' 1v1 meta we have now.
8 May 2014, 10:34 AM

The limit can be placed on heavy tank only like isu, is2, elephant, tiger, kv2
8 May 2014, 10:54 AM

I voted no. Not because I think the call-in system is fine, but because I want another solution.

I love the ideas cruzz posted in his thread. Here are his ideas, mixed with some of mine:

2) For Germans, Pumas and STUGIIIEs should require BP2. Tigers and Elephants should require BP3.
4) T34/85 changed to single call-in (the tech requirement would make it overly difficult to obtain these tanks when taking their performance into account).

At the moment I feel most call-in tanks (ISU/ele excluded..) are rather balanced for their price. However, because stock tanks are so expensive to tech to, there is no reason for soviets or germans to tech to T3/T4. You are just shooting yourself in the foot by teching to tanks. You can tech and get a single T34/76 / P4, or, you can spend the same amount of fuel OR LESS and get a vastly superior heavy tank.

With the tech-requirement for call-in tanks, a single T34/76 or P4 would no longer be more expensive than a IS-2 or Tiger. This would make the mid-game much more interesting than the 'spam infantry -> call in (heavy) tanks' 1v1 meta we have now.

+1

I would also prefer this solution.
8 May 2014, 11:00 AM

no no no no no no

What would be nice is call ins requiring T3 or T4 built.
8 May 2014, 11:04 AM

I disagree. Current system is fine just need to make a limit, so if you want "fast" isu-152 you can skip t3/t4 but if you want to support it with other armor you should go t3/t4. As for now its like fast isu152 then another isu-152 and sometimes even the third one witch is stupid. And even with the require tech up its still will be t3/t4 and then 2-3 isu-152.
8 May 2014, 11:05 AM

Indeed. For the people who want that fast ISU, np go for it, but only 1.
I agree with you about the more interesting mid-game if the people need to tech first, but still, there is no fun in killnig 2 tigers and 2 ele.
8 May 2014, 11:26 AM

Indeed. For the people who want that fast ISU, np go for it, but only 1.
I agree with you about the more interesting mid-game if the people need to tech first, but still, there is no fun in killnig 2 tigers and 2 ele.

You can still go for a 'fast' ISU152/ele if you make it require tech. The only difference would be that you can't get one of these monster for the same fuel cost of a single T34/76 or P4 medium tanks.

Limiting heavy tanks to 1 just turns team games into 'whoever loses their heavy tank first loses the game'. It also does nothing to enhance the role of stock medium tanks during the mid-game.
8 May 2014, 11:27 AM

Limiting heavy tanks to 1 just turns team games into 'whoever loses their heavy tank first loses the game'. It also does nothing to enhance the role of stock medium tanks during the mid-game.

1 heavy tank per player, so this would never happen
8 May 2014, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2014, 11:27 AMAbdul

1 heavy tank per player, so this would never happen

Yes it would. Even if it would be per player, all it would accomplish is that all team members are now pigeon-holed into heavy tank commanders. Do the germans have 2 elephant commanders and your team only 1 ISU commander? GG WP better luck next time!
8 May 2014, 11:40 AM

Yes it would. Even if it would be per player, all it would accomplish is that all team members are now pigeon-holed into heavy tank commanders. Do the germans have 2 elephant commanders and your team only 1 ISU commander? GG WP better luck next time!

Oooor it would encourage different doctrines, because there won't be ever growing heavy armor snowball anymore and medium tanks would be much more valid choice?
8 May 2014, 13:13 PM

well, i don't think its really needed,but if it was changed i wouldn't care really. Aslong AS

you can have an unlimited number of kv-1 tanks on the field.
8 May 2014, 13:17 PM

No stupid idea. Stop trying to limit what choices players have. Everyone jumps on the forums after they lose a game and want a change.

If we listened to all these rants in the end all we'd end up with is a gren v. conscripts game with each unit have the exact same stats.
Neo
8 May 2014, 13:40 PM

Voted no for the reasons set out in this post. + 1

Don't limit units, just balance them.
8 May 2014, 15:41 PM

The team that loses their first heavy tank will not loose the game. He will be able to build another one if he have resources for it.
In case of not having resources for another heavy tank, then you will be forced to defend yourself with AT guns, which will be much easier if the enemy team have only 1 heavy tank per player.
(Try to loose your ISU152 now and face 2 elephants / 2 tigers with only Zis guns or SU-85 )

That system worked in Coh1. Only 1 Tiger per player, 1 Pershing. And don't forget that heavy tank doctrines had a lack of arty (except King tiger). That is balance! what they are doing in coh2 is mixing up some ideas making this game kinda arcade in some situations.

¿Where is the old balance team from Coh ?
8 May 2014, 20:14 PM

absolutely yes !
9 May 2014, 17:42 PM

For me heavies should be the center piece of an armor movement, I am sick of seeing multiple tigers, is2, isu152. Go back to vcoh way of calling in heavies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★