Login

russian armor

Poor MG42 vs Rich MaxPin!

PAGES (7)down
10 May 2014, 11:20 AM

My version of the game must be outdated. My MG42s work just fine.
10 May 2014, 11:54 AM

Can't understand where this MG42 is worse than maxim idea came from. It seems to be superior in everything but setup. I've just had 2 games of using it as Germans and its worked marvellously.
10 May 2014, 12:49 PM
Donator 11

I would love to see MG's actually killing some models in the squad they are suppressing.. you know.. like vcoh.
10 May 2014, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 12:49 PMspajn
I would love to see MG's actually killing some models in the squad they are suppressing.. you know.. like vcoh.

They do.
Just not instantly.

When you get suppressed you take less damage for a couple of seconds.
10 May 2014, 13:02 PM

In CoH, suppression is as good as a death sentence for squads.
10 May 2014, 13:25 PM

Can't understand where this MG42 is worse than maxim idea came from. It seems to be superior in everything but setup. I've just had 2 games of using it as Germans and its worked marvellously.

If you cannot make a statement without backing it up with a few arguments then dont bother posting mate. your just polluting the forums otherwise.
10 May 2014, 14:16 PM

10 May 2014, 14:18 PM

Hey's a few arguments to pollute your forum world then. German MG has superior suppression based on my experience (I regularly watch German units survive 2 bursts of a Maxim unsuppressed at max range, it takes one burst and a bit for the MG42 to suppress) , and a vastly superior arc. It's damage I can't comment on but you don't buy MGs for damage. As above, the only inferior aspect to it is the setup.

Do not lecture me Jaigen on nebulous arguments!
10 May 2014, 15:09 PM

Hey's a few arguments to pollute your forum world then. German MG has superior suppression based on my experience (I regularly watch German units survive 2 bursts of a Maxim unsuppressed at max range, it takes one burst and a bit for the MG42 to suppress) , and a vastly superior arc. It's damage I can't comment on but you don't buy MGs for damage. As above, the only inferior aspect to it is the setup.

Don't forget it has a larger suppression AoE. A MG42 will suppress a squad AND the one next to it. The maxim can only suppress multiple squads if they overlap.
10 May 2014, 16:23 PM

Good now i can easily destroy your arguments by flat out telling you that he maxim does more suppression then the mg42. its in the coh 2 stats if you like to look it up. So what your telling is nonsense.
10 May 2014, 16:25 PM

Don't forget it has a larger suppression AoE. A MG42 will suppress a squad AND the one next to it. The maxim can only suppress multiple squads if they overlap.

not true. the maxim do have the aoe to suppress multiple squad. unless your fighting in a very open environment this problem really doesn't matter
10 May 2014, 16:30 PM

I never noticed. Usually because 2 gren squads wipe out a maxim from long range with a double rifle nade.
10 May 2014, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 16:25 PMJaigen

not true. the maxim do have the aoe to suppress multiple squad. unless your fighting in a very open environment this problem really doesn't matter

Maxim may have aoe suppression to suppress multiple squads but its cone of fire is so small that good luck catching those multiple squads in it. Unless of course you play on fairly low rank and blobing is a common thing.
I usually have to reposition Maxim at least once to catch another German squad closing in from the flank or outside of Maxims con of fire.

That being said I would like to see 0.5 second set up time decrease for MG42.
10 May 2014, 17:10 PM

Maxim may have aoe suppression to suppress multiple squads but its cone of fire is so small that good luck catching those multiple squads in it. Unless of course you play on fairly low rank and blobing is a common thing.
I usually have to reposition Maxim at least once to catch another German squad closing in from the flank or outside of Maxims con of fire.

That being said I would like to see 0.5 second set up time decrease for MG42.

Of course you have to reposition your maxim. Not a problem for the maxim however. and having more then 1 infantry unit in one place is part skill and part map design. unless your playing on very open maps with few chokepoints "blobbing" does happen.
10 May 2014, 18:30 PM

Does anyone have a damage chart of the mg42 vs maxim vs dshk
10 May 2014, 18:33 PM
13 May 2014, 14:13 PM

Permanently Banned
My mg42's always drunk... They take a long time to start shooting someone when are in house's...

13 May 2014, 14:32 PM

Most people think the bigger Arc from the MG42 is a really big advantage. I don't think so. It IS an advantage, but only a small one.

Especially with the time the MG needs to aim from the mid to the side. You could argue its faster to have your Maxim not setup, and set it up when an enemy unit comes into sight, than to wait for the MG42 to aim from the mid to the edge of its arc.

Also the wide of the arc doesnt affect how many squads you can surpress with the same burst, because... that has totally nothing to do with each other?
13 May 2014, 19:50 PM

Most people think the bigger Arc from the MG42 is a really big advantage. I don't think so. It IS an advantage, but only a small one.

Especially with the time the MG needs to aim from the mid to the side. You could argue its faster to have your Maxim not setup, and set it up when an enemy unit comes into sight, than to wait for the MG42 to aim from the mid to the edge of its arc.

Also the wide of the arc doesnt affect how many squads you can surpress with the same burst, because... that has totally nothing to do with each other?

You can't have a maxim in not-set-up mode. The maxim (and DHSK) always automatically set up once they stop moving. This makes the bigger arc of the MG42 more than just a small advantage in a variety of situations.
14 May 2014, 09:55 AM

You can't have a maxim in not-set-up mode. The maxim (and DHSK) always automatically set up once they stop moving. This makes the bigger arc of the MG42 more than just a small advantage in a variety of situations.

Why does this matter when you can pack up your hmg instantly and redeploy under 2 seconds against an enemy that doesn't have oorah? in most cases the larger arch is useless. if you use a hmg you need to identify flanking routes and cut-off points. and very simply put the maxim can just as easily cut of any point in the 1vs1 map as mg42. and has better suppression to boot.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS