russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
6 May 2014, 18:21 PM

Who the hell did you expect to win?!?

VonIvan - place 2 in 2v2 as germans
Siberian - place 37 in 2v2 as germans

Stugosaurus - place 5 in 2v2 as soviets
Omni - didn't even find him in first 200 top players in 2v2 (soviet faction).

He is trying to discredit the op by saying you have to be pro to win with germans and that his post is invalid due to him being new to the game.
6 May 2014, 19:27 PM
Patrion 15

Honestly most of this thread is just whining. The balance is better than ever, the Soviets are fine (albeit a little easier to play IMO) and the Germans are still very viable. It seems like the issues with soviet armor being OP is just German players having to relearn how to react to it. The list of issues with the game is smaller than it probably ever has been, and yet people are still here raging about this or that being op. You guys are boring...
6 May 2014, 20:14 PM

Honestly most of this thread is just whining. The balance is better than ever, the Soviets are fine (albeit a little easier to play IMO) and the Germans are still very viable. It seems like the issues with soviet armor being OP is just German players having to relearn how to react to it. The list of issues with the game is smaller than it probably ever has been, and yet people are still here raging about this or that being op. You guys are boring...

I find there are more like soviet players saying that ele and tiger are op, everyone saying that isu is op. i'd say that tiger is fine if the is2 is fine. they are the same thing, lol.
6 May 2014, 21:51 PM

My opinion: Best balance in the history of COH2, just 2 things:

1) Most important: Fix ISU instant killing squads!
(very frustrating loosing so many games only because of this..)

2) Sniper design should be more even
(maybe reduce sovjet squad size to one Man or something like that)

I am not a pro gamer, but these are my observations.. Cheers :)
7 May 2014, 00:22 AM

I stopped playing team games as a German, unless with team mate I already know and played, because majority of German players recently doesn't have a clue what to do and how to play their faction correctly.
7 May 2014, 07:20 AM

I stopped playing team games as a German, unless with team mate I already know and played, because majority of German players recently doesn't have a clue what to do and how to play their faction correctly.

This is such an old refrain ---> german players don't know how to play, soviet players do. And that is the explaining of "whining". How can anyone take this seriously man? How about those players that are playing 50% soviets and 50% germans and are still not ok with the balance?
7 May 2014, 07:24 AM

He is trying to discredit the op by saying you have to be pro to win with germans and that his post is invalid due to him being new to the game.

And additionaly they had hard time winning that match. The game is sooo forgiving with the bucket of mistakes that soviet players are making while as german player you could fall into disadvantage after one mistake.
7 May 2014, 07:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Heini. Completely agree. Soviets can make ridiculous mistakes and still come back into the game. If germans lose scout car early for example its pretty much game over
7 May 2014, 07:29 AM

Permanently Banned
I still cant believe they nerfed pgs. Which idiot figured that idea. Grens are rubbish now too so easily pummelled. 4 man squad with same armor as 6 man squad how fking stupid
7 May 2014, 07:35 AM

Heini. Completely agree. Soviets can make ridiculous mistakes and still come back into the game. If germans lose scout car early for example its pretty much game over

That is why I consider that those who have at list 50% of their games as german faction palyers are in fact "the best players" because you learn quicker and better while you are in disadvantage. This is confirmed by hundreds of cases with people being ladderboard place let's say 200 with soviets and not managing overpassing place 1000 as german.
7 May 2014, 07:42 AM

The start seems pretty balanced, as a german player you can eather spam, eather use combined arms and depending on skill you have a good chance to prevail.
But from middle game things are getting more difficult due to potent soviet tanks that can take on your T3 vehicles while they can be produced at a higher rate.

T-34s can't be spammed so easily anymore, since they cost 300 MP and 100 fuel.
7 May 2014, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 07:42 AMTNrg

T-34s can't be spammed so easily anymore, since they cost 300 MP and 100 fuel.

You're right, the costs of medium armor production are quite close now.
7 May 2014, 08:08 AM

4 man squad with same armor as 6 man squad how fking stupid

This is exactly what I thought, but remember,

QualityOverQuantity is not true anymore xD
7 May 2014, 08:35 AM

Permanently Banned

This is exactly what I thought, but remember,

QualityOverQuantity is not true anymore xD

Relic logic*
7 May 2014, 10:31 AM

This is such an old refrain ---> german players don't know how to play, soviet players do. And that is the explaining of "whining". How can anyone take this seriously man? How about those players that are playing 50% soviets and 50% germans and are still not ok with the balance?

What can I do when that's the case?
All these players which opinion I value are saying the game is almost balanced with exception of ISU-152/Elephant relationship and Soviet mines.

And additionaly they had hard time winning that match. The game is sooo forgiving with the bucket of mistakes that soviet players are making while as german player you could fall into disadvantage after one mistake.

This is not true. The game I posted earlier (Novice Monday one) Germans were playing absolutely terrible without any strategy or even a clue what to do with units they got yet they almost knocked out entire Soviet armour with 2 Tigers (managed poorly I'll add) only because Soviets made one mistake and positioned IS-2 in bad spot.
7 May 2014, 12:16 PM

The german bias here is strong. Really strong. And im tired thinking of answers. Hopefully people will realize that the factions are largely even - with a few issues, like 100 range super tanks or soviet mines.

Its getting really depressing reading these forums everyday...
7 May 2014, 12:25 PM

yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck.

This thread.
7 May 2014, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 12:25 PMBurts
yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck.

This thread.

well said. exactly what i was thinking

guys, to be honest.... the game's boring for me now anyway, and i can't be arsed to even suggest changed to counter the imba.

i loaded my steam wallet up with $50 australian dollarydoos, and wait upon the western front DLC.

in the meantime, i have dark souls 2

i suggest you guys do this too, because vcoh2 is kinda in a weird position right now
7 May 2014, 12:50 PM

I find it really hard to believe that soviets are OP. for some reason I'm having a really tough time winning as Sov atm. It must be my play style, but it really does make me raise an eye brow at people saying soviets OP.

Also I really do struggle to see how players having larger streaks with Germans than soviets could indicate soviet imbalance.
7 May 2014, 12:59 PM

Just came out of a 2v2. Killed an early sniper, killed a squad or two, had map advantage. Lend lease commander managed to survive long enough to get an absolutely alarming number of tanks. Holy shit I have never seen tank spam like that.

What's the balance consensus on that guy? Sherman spam chews up inf goddamn.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS