Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
4 May 2014, 20:57 PM

Also I feel something needs to be done to address soviet Maxim/mortar/zis + Mines. You can literally win games with just these three units. I have done it 5 times on stream in a row so far with little difficulty, a little maxim micro and you win, even vs stuff in buildings. Maxims are just amazing.

Wasn't there a time before when it was just soviet Conscript/conscript/conscript + conscript? I mean, now it is combined arms, using T2 effectively to counter everything, instead of one unit does all... which is what Germans have been doing for some time, having one unit do everything. So when i try to do Mg42/mortar/pak + tellers/AI mines, I noticed a very strong difference... survivability. Soviet squads always last longer and can retreat better with 6 man squads as opposed to 4 man german squads. As soviets, the most annoying thing in the world is the rifle grenade... which is the counter to maxims, mortars and ZiS. The model Artificial Intelligence has a huge problem recrewing a weapon when the current gunner is killed, and the entire team just drops dead because it is stuck in a slow motion animation. So i can see why grenadiers are better preferred over support teams, #1: faster retreating, #2: they just do the job faster. German combined arms works to a certain extent until your squads start dropping like flies. I find nothing wrong with the performance of the main weapon of the crew teams, but Germans currently suffer losing a larger portion of dps per model as opposed to Soviet squads. As with Mg's, i still prefer them over maxims. They outrange maxims, as well as having a bigger arc means less time needed to micro them.

Which makes me wonder what would happen if the decrease in dps per german model lost was exponentially decreasing (more models lost means less dps being lost in comparison to the original amount at 4 men), but it would be weird because a one man squad would then have the dps of two men, and then we have the birth of Rambo squads.

I guess this is why Germans had armor on their infantry, and now that it is gone and with the current patch, the bare durability of German squads are really noticeable.

Mines, of either side, i rarely use unless i need to counter tanks fast and i dont have AT on the field. In which, I rarely see used too much, as i find their effectiveness against me very poor. I mainly use them as soviets when i wire up a bridge with explosives and i set up a mine to act as a pressure plate to set it off.
4 May 2014, 21:21 PM

You know, you can tell from the title of the thread when katitof can be found inside trolling, and sure enough, here he is.

It's like clockwork.
4 May 2014, 21:28 PM

If we only wouldn't have to put up with exclusively forum warriors who scream for playercards, but get cold sweat on a sole thought of showing their own like you or complete morons and 4v4 german only heroes with 20k rank screaming that others are biased or game is imbalanced.

Oh well, big mouths without a spine are common unfortunately.
4 May 2014, 21:36 PM

The thread is titled: "Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv". And everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which no one has to agree to. So list your honest opinion, and deal with other people's opinion. There can be discussion over opinion, but not name-calling or accusing.

I'll say it again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this thread about BALANCE, and only BALANCE, so if you don't like what someone else is saying, SHUT THE HELL UP. Yelling at other people will NOT change their minds, Jesus Christ, the morality. That goes for everyone... everyone who responds with trash talk for the sake of talking trash is a "keyboard warrior", and the question is: which one of you is better by quitting first?
4 May 2014, 21:50 PM

If we only wouldn't have to put up with exclusively forum warriors who scream for playercards, but get cold sweat on a sole thought of showing their own like you or complete morons and 4v4 german only heroes with 20k rank screaming that others are biased or game is imbalanced.

Oh well, big mouths without a spine are common unfortunately.
Sounds like an exact description of yourself. Now thats a FACT.
4 May 2014, 22:43 PM

Complaining about 6 man squads? Again? It's staying, deal with it. Asymmetry people. No one complained about riflemen now did they?

Fact of the matter is: most German players who enjoyed easy, gren-spamming wins are now complaining that there EZ strat no longer works, and instead of trying something like combined arms, continue to bash their head against the brick wall.

Problems on the Soviets side this patch are currently the ISU, and the effectiveness of guards/cons/sniper strat in 2v2s (especially on certain maps).

However, to start saying that "Cons are OP" and other asinine shit is just childish. You can not simply nerf these mentioned units and call it a day. Crossing will then be dominated by elefants, for example.

Thank god for balance beta
Hux
4 May 2014, 22:45 PM
Patrion 14

Molotovs totally negate vCOH Ostheer tactics in my opinion.

You need to have a .5 sec reaction time really, you must issue your gren move command as soon as you see the conscript put his hand in his pocket, any later than that and you are definitely losing one guy in the squad at least.

So for me, I can't play Ostheer anymore, I have about a 1 sec reaction time and my vision doesn't seem to pick up on it enough...If I stare at one conscript squad I can dodge, but that means another one will get the Mollie instead.

Rubbish.

Ideally you're supposed to be engaging cons at long range anyway. If you see a con squad sacrificing good cover to close in to your grens (even more so since the march deployment patch) then they're coming to throw a Molotov. The mollie anim alone leaves enough time to dodge, and if multiple con squads close on a single gren squad it doesn't matter which one the mollie is coming from you should be either retreating or soft retreating.

So you can play Ostheer... Just anticipate them.
5 May 2014, 00:12 AM

5 May 2014, 00:41 AM

+1
5 May 2014, 00:48 AM

The only real issues with soviets right now are thermonuclear mines and ISU one-shoting squads reliably, other than that the balance is better than ever.
5 May 2014, 02:34 AM

The only real issues with soviets right now are thermonuclear mines and ISU one-shoting squads reliably, other than that the balance is better than ever.

Try playing 2v2 against Penals, Snipers, Guards and Scout Cars. If you can hold a single fuel for more then a minute you would be cheering.
5 May 2014, 03:10 AM

Try playing 2v2 against Penals, Snipers, Guards and Scout Cars. If you can hold a single fuel for more then a minute you would be cheering.

Either both double con spammer or maximspam with m3 sniper spam is very hard to play against in 2v2.

Cons is fine in 1v1 but OP like previous Gren in team games.
5 May 2014, 03:11 AM

I feel like sov snipers were indirectly buffed by the scout car nerf last update but that's a relatively minor issue that I'm happy to discuss after the major stuff is fixed.
5 May 2014, 07:05 AM

Let's not exagerate here. I admit that soviets now are a little OP but guys, c'mon, it's not their infantry and it's not the startgame.
How manny of you have the same sensation that I get in every game? It's like this:
The start seems pretty balanced, as a german player you can eather spam, eather use combined arms and depending on skill you have a good chance to prevail.
But from middle game things are getting more difficult due to potent soviet tanks that can take on your T3 vehicles while they can be produced at a higher rate.
I saw people preferring to resist with what T2 can give them + tellers and wait for a call-in that would make a difference (Tiger, Elephant).
Of course I saw the same approach from soviet side, though I really don't understand why. They prefer to wait for call-ins while soviet T4 can give them the upper-hand. I prefer a soviet t4 combo to T34/85s or IS2 call-ins any day. But that's just me.

Didn't get to use the "bug repaired Panther" yet. How does it work, it is worthing now?
5 May 2014, 07:11 AM
Patrion 14

+1

I strongly suggest that you stop following Katitof around and try to give some usefull feedback for a change.
5 May 2014, 07:40 AM

Permanently Banned
Unfortunately more and more people are figuring out soviet t1 exploit combo. Something needs to be done asap.
5 May 2014, 08:05 AM

Unfortunately more and more people are figuring out soviet t1 exploit combo. Something needs to be done asap.

This "exploit combo" of yours is a strat that is as old as the game.
5 May 2014, 08:28 AM

which is retarded like someone as old as the game.
5 May 2014, 08:41 AM

You idiot, Penals weren't always 270mp were they? The problem with said combo is that Ostheer do not have a reliable counter to such combo that doesnt require a little luck or a mistake from the Russian player.
5 May 2014, 08:42 AM

Permanently Banned

It may be, although now it is almost unbeatable in the hands of a decent player
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight