Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
4 May 2014, 12:31 PM

The best indicator of balance is when you have the same amount of imba criers in both factions. :D

This patch basically only two are valid, one for each faction.
Ele thread and ISU thread.

Everything else(except StuG AI and KV-1 durability) is mostly QQ for the sake of QQ, emphasis on german QQ because they have hard time adjusting after march deployment patch and realizing that wasn't their amazing skill, but the amazing disbalance that gave them long win streaks without effort.
4 May 2014, 13:36 PM

Hmm what is wrong with KV1 durability? Its a heavy call in, with the worst gun on any armour and its slow. Seems fine to me.
4 May 2014, 14:11 PM

Molotovs totally negate vCOH Ostheer tactics in my opinion.

You need to have a .5 sec reaction time really, you must issue your gren move command as soon as you see the conscript put his hand in his pocket, any later than that and you are definitely losing one guy in the squad at least.

So for me, I can't play Ostheer anymore, I have about a 1 sec reaction time and my vision doesn't seem to pick up on it enough...If I stare at one conscript squad I can dodge, but that means another one will get the Mollie instead.

4 May 2014, 14:53 PM

Been playing Soviets for the weekend. Haven't lost yet. Soviets feel so easy I say Im sorry when I am rushing peoples bases with streams of kv8s. I accidentally played Germans for one game and barely held off someone who built 15 snipers, guards and 3 t34/85 group call ins.
4 May 2014, 15:13 PM

Today's lesson brought you by The Angry Bears.

~The more you know~
4 May 2014, 15:26 PM

Been playing Soviets for the weekend. Haven't lost yet. Soviets feel so easy I say Im sorry when I am rushing peoples bases with streams of kv8s. I accidentally played Germans for one game and barely held off someone who built 15 snipers, guards and 3 t34/85 group call ins.

I know right?

These placement matches agains 20k rank players makes everything feel OP.

If you had trouble against 15 snipers, perhaps hard AI is too much for you?
4 May 2014, 15:27 PM

Words

• Things you use to express an idea.

• I m using words right now!

Brought to you By team Captain Obvious
4 May 2014, 15:39 PM

I know right?

These placement matches agains 20k rank players makes everything feel OP.

If you had trouble against 15 snipers, perhaps hard AI is too much for you?

Dear Katiof, I sense much butthurt in this one. I agree at first I was playing noobs, but playing better players gave the same results. I am going to play longer but I hardly see how I can be stopped(hyperbole). The fact is you can build 15 snipers, or 15 maxims and be competitive-ish as Soviets because of call ins. Fortunately I endlessly strafed his endless guard/sniper blobs .

The feeling of a kv8 rushing a base and roasting every unit in its vicinity is no feel any German unit can achieve. Followed by Is2 decimating infantry and tanks alike. Or having an isu vaporizing infantry from a safe distance. Those are things I dream Ostheer could do.
4 May 2014, 15:50 PM

If you sense a butthurt from facts, then I... well...
I don't even know how to respond to that.

Sorry to burst your sweet delusion bubble, but before 12 CP the game is all about skill now and better player wins with minor german advantage.
4 May 2014, 16:06 PM

You need to have a .5 sec reaction time really, you must issue your gren move command as soon as you see the conscript put his hand in his pocket, any later than that and you are definitely losing one guy in the squad at least.

So for me, I can't play Ostheer anymore, I have about a 1 sec reaction time and my vision doesn't seem to pick up on it enough...If I stare at one conscript squad I can dodge, but that means another one will get the Mollie instead

Comes down to practice really, I find a handy trick is to control group your individual squads early in the game, latter as necessary you can control group them in groups (and thus the tactical map becomes more important). Conscripts should be taking more damage closing in for those molotov throws these days, it can be a bit telegraphed at times as well, so preempting the throw a wee bit is not the worst idea if your micro is like mine.

I think its common sense to keep it tight early game as Ostheer and cap after engagements. Soviets if they are going Con heavy, will generally have +1 squad effectively on the field in the very early game due to the cost of the basic German building. I know when playing Soviets, i'm just itching for those 2/3 cons engagements vs 1/2 grens if the Germans split up.

4 May 2014, 16:14 PM

If you sense a butthurt from facts, then I... well...
I don't even know how to respond to that.

Sorry to burst your sweet delusion bubble, but before 12 CP the game is all about skill now and better player wins with minor german advantage.
Facts...Lol
4 May 2014, 16:31 PM

Facts...Lol

Yes.
Facts.
You have played placement games. Fact.
You owned 20.000 rank noobs. Fact.
You believe you have won because of balance, not you being matched against potatoes. Fact.
4 May 2014, 16:48 PM

So for me, I can't play Ostheer anymore, I have about a 1 sec reaction time and my vision doesn't seem to pick up on it enough...If I stare at one conscript squad I can dodge, but that means another one will get the Mollie instead.

There's no way you dodged rifleman grenades if you can't dodge molotovs.
4 May 2014, 17:57 PM

Yes.
Facts.
You believe you have won because of balance, not you being matched against potatoes. Fact.
Lets try the word ASSUMPTION now. Because facts are things you know and that can be proven. Like the Holy Bible.(Atheist Joke)
4 May 2014, 18:02 PM

I think the Russians have a huge advantage early game since Grenadiers die like flies. The armor nerf to 1 for the Grenadiers would be okay, if at least the MG42-team was useful in supressing units.

1) Right now I see conscripts running up to it and getting suppressed only after the third volley. Meanwhile the Maxims pin with one burst.

2) Another unit that does underperform - with 2/3rd the survivability of a Conscript - (Panzergrenadier) is not worth 340 mp. Point. You are giving away free Schrecks to the enemy right now.

Those are my two main issues this patch.
4 May 2014, 18:17 PM
Patrion 14

There's no way you dodged rifleman grenades if you can't dodge molotovs.

word.

I think the Russians have a huge advantage early game since Grenadiers die like flies. The armor nerf to 1 for the Grenadiers would be okay, if at least the MG42-team was useful in supressing units.

1) Right now I see conscripts running up to it and getting suppressed only after the third volley. Meanwhile the Maxims pin with one burst.

2) Another unit that does underperform - with 2/3rd the survivability of a Conscript - (Panzergrenadier) is not worth 340 mp. Point. You are giving away free Schrecks to the enemy right now.

1. did suppression stats or mechanic even change? mg42 works fine for me.

2. i do agree while it may be nice to have pgrens for super stg44s, it is much easier to just make one more gren and get an lmg. (not saying pgrens are either up or op)
4 May 2014, 18:23 PM

Man, I'm trying to see your way but I can't. I think Grens and conscripts are in a good place right now. Scripts perform a bit better early game while Grens perform significantly better late game. It's just annoying squad wipes that are ruining grens which is being fixed next patch The MG42 needs faster aim time (not traverse). Basically use grens like volks keep them backed by a MG or stay at range until you upgrade them.

Pgrens need an armor buff, 1.2. However, shocks should still beat them.
4 May 2014, 19:11 PM

The real concerns should be fixing squad wiping problem, redesign mines, reduce anti-infantry effectiveness with the ISU-152 and make the concrete round useful, less rng when it comes to infantry and armor engagements that's killing the competitive scene, MG42 needs to aim faster (not traverse), get rid of molotovs and replace it with some other nade (Molotovs are too rng dependent which is bad), get rid of precision strike with 120mm mortar only, only restrict users to have one heavy tank out on the field, reduce aim time with PTRS and PShrecks but increase reload times, and make German T4 relevant again.

A lot of people are expecting that their tactics will work again but they wont. It's because the Germans were nerfed since they were overpowered. Let me say the same crap that the bandwagon circlej*** have been saying: adapt. Learn to use MG42s and kite scout cars to prevent Script spam. Learn to get sweepers for now. Learn to use stugs and p4 since it's superior than t4. Germans aren't bad, it's just majority of people been used to using an easy faction.

Have to agree with most of this if not all.

Also I feel something needs to be done to address soviet Maxim/mortar/zis + Mines. You can literally win games with just these three units. I have done it 5 times on stream in a row so far with little difficulty, a little maxim micro and you win, even vs stuff in buildings. Maxims are just amazing.

MG42 needs its Buggy animations and very slow aiming time fixed/buffed, and maybe faster suppression Or pin speed, at its current rate an infantry squad can quite literally walk through its field of fire and lob a grenade, not even an hoorah, not possible vs maxims, you get supressed almost instantly and pinned before grenade range, you also lose one infantry model in about 3-5 seconds depending on RNG. - Yes that is what MG's are ment for but the MG42 is really lacking in this stat, the only thing MG42's currently are "good" for is sitting on a blind corner and wiping a squad in 2-3 bursts if the player doesn't react.

Also I feel either the Zis anti infantry ability needs to be made to Vet 1 or cost more or some kinda of nerf/change, as at this point it is better than buying a mortar, okay it's 60 muni but soviets float muni like a mother, even with spamming mines, and it can be used well back in Fog of war so you have no idea its coming until you've lost a set up team/squad.

I do mainly play German but am playing soviet more and more as it is very easy to win right now I find as Soviet, a lot easier than German, just for a comparision I tried MG42/Mortar/Pak + Mines, just doesn't work, not enough muni for mines and MG42 is no where near as good as it needs to be.

Another glaring imbalance - yes this is pure imbalance, go test it. Pio flamer. It is not worth even half its muni cost right now - I had it ground attack in to the middle of a 3/4 Script blob, after 3 bursts - NO DAMAGE. Meanwhile Soviet flamer on Combat engineers wiped a model or two per burst vs Infantry that wasn't even blobed hard.

ISU152 - It beats TIGERS. Yes, it beats tigers,the only counter is to flank it, which is near impossible by the time its out due to mines/guards/other tanks covering it. (this is mostly a problem in 3v3/4v4 but I have seen it in 1v1's also) - It either needs some form of a nerf, or the Brummbar needs a buff, ok ISU is doctrinal it wants to be better, but the Brummbar is super RNG dependant (Yes you can attack ground but it either usually fires automatically by that point or the squad has moved and you have to give it another order unlike the ISU its just point and click), especially if the squad/s spread out due to their AI movement/cover.

Also do something about Germans Mortar Vet 1 ability, Give it more range + accuracy instead of + damage, +damage is worthless if it can't hit anything.

Also what do people consider "OP" on German side? I don't find there is anything people really whine about other than Gren blobing, but we've kinda been reduced to that with how bad our weapon teams are.
4 May 2014, 20:11 PM

Yes.
Facts.

Yes.
Facts.
Katitof is a biased fanboy who should be banned
Katitof loves the feeling of his but hurting after a good reaming
Katitof thinks he is a pro, when he is a noob
4 May 2014, 20:12 PM

Germans atm
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 76