Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
5 May 2014, 18:41 PM

Here is a great example of "pRO" German play. The best part is that at the end they complained how OP Russians tanks are.
What is ironic however they managed to get 2 Tigers despite loosing basically for the whole game. That's all right but Soviets had one quite serious mistake that costed them majority of their armour. If anything this game shows how good the Tiger is after recent changes.
I would really like to hear some honest opinions regarding this video.

5 May 2014, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 14:03 PMNeo
This thread is one whole big FailBoat full of FailFish.

The title is a bad start and it just goes downhill from there.

Genuine major balance issues right now:

1. ISU and Elephant too dominant in team games and even 1v1
2. Soviet mines wiping squads

Whichever faction I play with, I lose when I play worse than my opponent and win when I play better. That's balance.

Stop the QQ and L2P.

These are the two pressing issues, and nothing else should be argued about. Germans have undergone a massive change in which they are played differently. Playing Germans like i play Soviets is even more fun because German units are more flexible, with the main downside of 4 men ( I play using COMBINED ARMS in which i balance AI power and AT power and i make sure each covers the other, whether they are a ranged weapon or a close weapon [or static]).However, Far range>Close Range, and German mg's and bunkers still survive long wnough for you to have them do what you want them to do. Unless you are too demanding and expect every unit to stomp every Soviet. -_- Ostheer being the easier faction for some time seems to have softened up a lot of players.
Neo
5 May 2014, 19:24 PM

Ostheer being the easier faction for some time seems to have softened up a lot of players.

Exactly. There have only been very brief periods since the game was released when Soviets were OP. The rest of the time Germans have been far easier to play (starting from Opel + Strafe through to Grens pwning Cons in the previous patch).

The reason we're seeing all this crying now is that German-only and German-preference players have got used to winning games against people who are better than them and now that the game is the closest to balanced it has ever been, it feels unfair to them.

After a month or two, this QQ should die down as ELOs get adjusted in line with actual ability.
5 May 2014, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 14:26 PMBurts
germans lack non doctrinal close range units, soviets lack non doctrinal long range units.

+1 i said this in another thread somewhere. except sov snipers are good enough to count as a long range unit.
5 May 2014, 22:14 PM

Yes, lets make the stuff up.
Germans don't have close range units and Conscripts are great at long range.
5 May 2014, 22:27 PM

I think the Soviets got a tad bit too strong this patch, and this ELO BS that relic has come up with is not true in my eyes as i am mostly a German player yet after a couple of days my German rank has dropped below my soviet rank.

I am also finding soviets very easy to play now. Whereas playing Germans is incredibly frustrating.
5 May 2014, 22:33 PM

I think the Soviets got a tad bit too strong this patch, and this ELO BS that relic has come up with is not true in my eyes as i am mostly a German player yet after a couple of days my German rank has dropped below my soviet rank.

I am also finding soviets very easy to play now. Whereas playing Germans is incredibly frustrating.

First, here, take this, its dangerous to go out there alone:

And second, rank 200 at soviet do not equal rank 200 as germans.
What I mean is, much much more people play germans, therefore to get the same rank as soviets you need to beat much more people. This somewhat changed post patch but still there is a considerable difference between sov and ger playerbases since day 1 pretty much.

This means you most likely need to score better elo then if you'd played as soviets.

If I was to guess, rank 200 as soviets equals rank 400-500 as germans. Top 50 are pretty much equal.
If you think for a minute about it, it will be as clear as sky.

You can't expect equal rank when playerbase for the factions is so unequal.
5 May 2014, 22:40 PM

ELO works REALLY funny, and as people have reported, they win games but go down. Take in fact that the rank of your enemy also determines whether or not you rank up or down (losing to a player much higher ranked than you still moves you up ELO!) So ELO has many, many factors that determine your placement.
5 May 2014, 22:53 PM

Edit: can't do this on a phone.
6 May 2014, 00:49 AM

ELO works REALLY funny, and as people have reported, they win games but go down. Take in fact that the rank of your enemy also determines whether or not you rank up or down (losing to a player much higher ranked than you still moves you up ELO!) So ELO has many, many factors that determine your placement.
I wonder if thats why when I win some games i dtill get the defeated voice message.
6 May 2014, 03:17 AM

First, here, take this, its dangerous to go out there alone:

And second, rank 200 at soviet do not equal rank 200 as germans.
What I mean is, much much more people play germans, therefore to get the same rank as soviets you need to beat much more people. This somewhat changed post patch but still there is a considerable difference between sov and ger playerbases since day 1 pretty much.

This means you most likely need to score better elo then if you'd played as soviets.

If I was to guess, rank 200 as soviets equals rank 400-500 as germans. Top 50 are pretty much equal.
If you think for a minute about it, it will be as clear as sky.

You can't expect equal rank when playerbase for the factions is so unequal.

arghh i wrote a wall of text why this is bullshit (from a scientific point of view... lack of data... HEAVY observer bias...) but its gone now... lost in the depths of coh2.org. if the little carl friedrich gauß, that lived within my brain, hadnt already commited suicide at reading your post, i would type it again. but its not worth it.
just take a little adivice: stop postulating... your opinions (about the game, about ppl, and in your next post probably about me) are NOT facts.
but being the person you are you probably wont heed any advice... ever. so get these raving madman engines of yours running and tell me who and what i am, tell me what i think/try to achieve by writing this, tell i am a fanboy (i dont care of which faction. hehe... get it?). my playercard is right there for you to scrutinize, if you feel the need to attack it. oh, and by the way im german. i guess you can weave that into your reply somehow. why not start off with it by calling me a nazi fanboy who is always somewhere in the 1000s? that would completely suprise me and throw me off balance
now where did that kissing smiley go to?
6 May 2014, 03:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Here is a great example of "pRO" German play. The best part is that at the end they complained how OP Russians tanks are.
What is ironic however they managed to get 2 Tigers despite loosing basically for the whole game. That's all right but Soviets had one quite serious mistake that costed them majority of their armour. If anything this game shows how good the Tiger is after recent changes.

The sovietic had a store of tanks!
6 May 2014, 04:39 AM

I saw the tank fighting parts of this game and I got to say that the German duo played worse. They lost a bunch of tanks to obvious mistakes (stugs and panzer IVs) and bought the wrong tank park.

-The stugs were a waste of fuel since they were throwing them against tanks.

-The 2 Tigers at the end were correct but spamming stugs and p4's against all those IS-2s, T-34/85s, T-34/76s guaranteed that they would be outclassed. The paks were not enough to change the balance. They should have gone tiger or panther as soon as they saw the IS-2s appearing.

6 May 2014, 04:46 AM

I saw the tank fighting parts of this game and I got to say that the German duo played worse. They lost a bunch of tanks to obvious mistakes (stugs and panzer IVs) and bought the wrong tank park.

-The 2 Tigers at the end were correct but spamming stugs and p4's against all those IS-2s, T-34/85s, T-34/76s guaranteed that they would be outclassed. The paks were not enough to change the balance. They should have gone tiger or panther as soon as they saw the IS-2s appearing.

Which means this is all a skill issue/"L2P issue", to a certain extent in most of the complaints? That is the assumption i am getting. You only lose since you made mistakes (You as in you all, i look back in my replays and point out the things i did wrong so i can improve in the future) , and mistakes are currently made when people underestimate/overestimate their own units.
6 May 2014, 06:01 AM

^
Yeah, for this particular match, that's I what I think. This was labeled 'Monday Novice' by the caster.
6 May 2014, 06:15 AM

I'm not reading this non sense.

Apparently, you did. Lol.
6 May 2014, 07:39 AM

Gentlemen, I'm wondering, why are we fighting around these things? I remember the vCoh days when 6 months were passing with barely one patch issued by Relic. There was unbalance in those days too, and it took forever for Relic to fix it. Meanwhile some people adapted, some didn't, some changed factions, but almost everybody continued playing.
Perfect balance in such a complex game it's an utopia though I'm sure Relic is doing its best to achieve this Sisyphus work. They couldn't do it in due time when there were just 3 doctrines per faction (vCoh), how you imagine they will succeed doing it now? And don't forget, in a few weeks we will have two brand new armies ready to mess up the balance again, and this time probably for good :). So calm down, have a bottle of bear and smile.
6 May 2014, 10:37 AM

I don't know about the correct unit composition. At the time of PIV and StuGs T-34/76 were dominant tanks so they could have definitely achieve something with their force problem was that Soviet players were beyond their skill level. I guess this is example of that Elo inflation dev was talking about. Never the last they almost did it with 2 Tigers due to single mistake made by Soviet player. Now imagine these Tigers in the hands of players that actually knew what were they doing?

Anyway this game had almost every example of bad German play. I am not a pro player and I do loose games as everyone do but I am always trying to analyse what I did wrong and what could have been done better. More often than not it's something I did badly that costs me a game. I overextended, I didn't secure my tanks, I didn't get armour quick enough despite obvious signs my opponent was quick teching or waiting for heavy call in etc.
6 May 2014, 13:47 PM

How about you watch a video of people that actually know how to play this game and base your opinion on this rather than trying to base it on your very own ideas and observations. I am not saying that's bad and you shouldn't do this but you need to be on certain level for your observation to be valid.
As you can notice after watching this majority of points presented her is BS that comes from inexperience and/ or the lack of skill and the truth is very different.

Who the hell did you expect to win?!?

VonIvan - place 2 in 2v2 as germans
Siberian - place 37 in 2v2 as germans

Stugosaurus - place 5 in 2v2 as soviets
Omni - didn't even find him in first 200 top players in 2v2 (soviet faction).
6 May 2014, 17:28 PM

PAGES (21)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight