Login

russian armor

Poll: Why don't you participate in tournaments?

4 May 2014, 08:23 AM

"Other: please specify in reply please" The gameplay is broken
4 May 2014, 08:39 AM

First of all I haven't played much in months, so I'm a little rusty and haven't put in the practice to play in tournaments. The timing is also usually bad for me, I have uni on weekdays and tourneys usually run at 4 am for me.

Also the game is really gimmicky, much worse than coh 1. I just don't know when lots of lucky/unlucky stuff can happen and wipe squads. I'll come back to the tourney scene when I've put some practice in and have time to relearn the game :)
4 May 2014, 08:49 AM
Donator 11

There's no real prize on those ESL tournaments. They're poop.
4 May 2014, 11:13 AM
Patrion 14

Only reason I don't participate is I simply don't have the time.
The skill level is also too high, but I don't mind losing. You learn every time something new from your opponent.

I saw lots of people complaining about now a decent prize pool.. I'd donate with pleasure a couple of euros to a prize pool. If everyone would do that there would be a nice and big prize pool and there would be more participants.
4 May 2014, 11:18 AM
Benefactor 115

timezones

Tried my best to cater for different timezones, will be more flex cups in the future.

2) Lack of advertising, many tournaments don't get properly promoted. I had no idea that their was a sign up today.

what more could I do on the promotion front? I've advertised on every major coh site, is there any thing else I could do?

3) Complicated sign up and coordination processes. A lot of tournaments require you to sign up with another site, track down a section of that site, register with a tournament on that section, find the contact details of the player/team you are to be facing, add them, organise a time to play across timezones, etc. Even same day tournaments can often rely on the players doing a lot of the work to figure out who they are playing and how to get in touch with them. This is doubly as hard with opponents who are "less skilled" at being communicative and making contact.

If you're having that much difficulty open a ticket and ask the tournament admins for help or even send me an email or contact me on steam.
4 May 2014, 11:24 AM
Donator 11

The monetary incentive usually isn't high enough to spend most the weekend inside on the computer. I could just work those days instead and make a similar amount of money, and I'm guaranteed that just for showing up.

Americans and their obsession with the money.
4 May 2014, 11:32 AM

Other for me .... I'm 44, I have a wife and 3 boys. Soccer, hockey, music ... for me COH2 is a 1 or 2 games a few times a week as a nice distraction. Not saying I would never participate but right now I don't have the time. I'm trying to get a couple of my friends to start playing the game. If that happens I'd consider a 2v2 tourney. Nothing like beating on young punks by old farts.
4 May 2014, 11:49 AM

Because I am a lazy ass. And I have other games to play too. So no time :D Nothing really organizers can do I guess.
4 May 2014, 11:51 AM

1. Game is unbalanced
2. game tourney games starts pretty late for me and they take many hours
3. Prizes in Tourney's are not worth to spend hours playing

4 May 2014, 12:02 PM

I don't really play teamgames so I'm not going to take part in teamgame tournaments
4 May 2014, 12:10 PM
Patrion 14

General speaking i am just too bad. If i take part i also want to win and this impossible i as i don´t play enough to become good enough. People who take part in such events while knowing the will never win own my respect but it´s not my way.

Also balance is a issue. Germans last patch, enough said. We are also talking about the lack of good maps like crossing in the woods.

About prices, i think it´s a problem too. In my point of view some cool stuff would be more interessting then money. A special badge here or in game, things like this russian-hat-thing from relic, that´s what i would like to see. Or maybe a hall of honor. Not the usually stuff like commanders.. thats what i don´t like about this game.. commanders.. i don´t want to win one.

Other:
3) Complicated sign up and coordination processes. A lot of tournaments require you to sign up with another site, track down a section of that site, register with a tournament on that section, find the contact details of the player/team you are to be facing, add them, organise a time to play across timezones, etc. Even same day tournaments can often rely on the players doing a lot of the work to figure out who they are playing and how to get in touch with them. This is doubly as hard with opponents who are "less skilled" at being communicative and making contact.

Thats so true. I toke part in one ESL event. I Will never do it again. You have to spend tons of time to find necessary informations, to sign in, to find your opponents. This website is the nightmare of every web designer. The usability is just horrible.

If you're having that much difficulty open a ticket and ask the tournament admins for help or even send me an email or contact me on steam.

Ticktes? Come on.. . Best way is to improve the usability and make such "ticktes" unecessary. ;-) This is free time, not work. And that's absolutely possible. there are tons of books how to do that and lot´s of working examples.

It´s not the customer who has to adapt, it's the provider.
4 May 2014, 12:20 PM

Skill level is to high for me. Also if you watch the majority of games they all revolve around the exactly same tactics with little variation. getting pretty boring to play and watch at the moment.
4 May 2014, 12:24 PM

Because I dont play soviet faction :p
4 May 2014, 12:29 PM
Benefactor 115

Ticktes? Come on.. . Best way is to improve the usability and make such "ticktes" unecessary. ;-) This is free time, not work. And that's absolutely possible. there are tons of books how to do that and lot´s of working examples.

It´s not the customer who has to adapt, it's the provider.

The site is being redone. In the mean time if you are having trouble with navigation ask for help.
4 May 2014, 14:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

From an average (~100) 2v2 player
I find the best & most efficient tactics are pretty boring (grenspams and double snipers), in auto match there is usually more variation and you can play a bit more free.
Tournaments that take place in one day/weekend usually involve a lot of uncertain time where you have to wait but can't leave the pc.
In tournaments you usually have the same people that regularly automatch too plus automatch has very competetent teams that only
play one faction.

4 May 2014, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

What more could I do on the promotion front? I've advertised on every major coh site, is there any thing else I could do?

It would be nice if there were announcements in the game itself for tournaments. On the main stream. Maybe you can contact the devs and ask if thats possible.
4 May 2014, 18:43 PM

I never usually participate because my work schedule is so heavy, it's not unusual for me to get a phone call for a job then be away in another country for a few weeks with all of a few days or even hours notice.

Plus, I think I'll only participate when I've upgraded my rig to a proper standard!
4 May 2014, 18:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

The game isn't competitive enough, i'll bring you an example: vCoH = 1v1/2v2 , CoH2 = 3v3/4v4
4 May 2014, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2014, 18:56 PMSpanky
The game isn't competitive enough, i'll bring you an example: vCoH = 1v1/2v2 , CoH2 = 3v3/4v4

This is sadly true.
4 May 2014, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2014, 18:56 PMSpanky

i can't see why
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 11
unknown 6
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %