Login

russian armor

ridiculous russian buff

5 May 2014, 14:40 PM

You already have many tools to stop the Sniper/s. You don't need fancy tier changes. Soviet can't hide them in a scout car any more so it's up to you how you approach. I don't really want to name all the counters because that's been said many times.
Just adapt accordingly and execute your strategy.
5 May 2014, 15:02 PM

2 man sniper team was a concept that many knew would cause problems since day 1, sadly I dont think they will ever change this.
5 May 2014, 15:23 PM

Imo they should increase grens to 5 man instead of 4 man like volkgrenadiers in vcoh. With all the nerfs to armour for infantry Quantity>Quality. Anytime a gren is caught out in the open against a con in green cover 1-2 models will drop forcing a retreat. It really discourages attacking for the german player unless you're blobbing or under covering fire from an mg-42.
5 May 2014, 15:24 PM

For 1v1:
1 man sniper or 2 man sniper teams wouldn't change much because good players will always keep them safe from harm.

The way to counter snipers is not to kill them necessarily but to make it hard for them to operate. Focus on countering the supporting troops and the snipers will be forced to hide.

The biggest mistake you can make is to dive in after them.
5 May 2014, 15:30 PM

For 1v1:
1 man sniper or 2 man sniper teams wouldn't change much because good players will always keep them safe from harm.

The way to counter snipers is not to kill them necessarily but to make it hard for them to operate. Focus on countering the supporting troops and the snipers will be forced to hide.

The biggest mistake you can make is to dive in after them.

If soviet snipers were composed of one model like the german one, counter sniping would come back into play, just like it was in vCOH. Right now you can just keep sniping fearlesly until a model dies, then its just retreat and reinforce, not to mention hyper-speed granted by super cheap sprint, so you are risking very little compared to the german player, wich can lose his equaly expensive sniper much more easily.

I really dont understand why they changed this in the first place, the same way I dont understand why they changed mines from damaging and supressing tools to insta-gib semi-atomic bombs, this game improved over COH 1 in many concepts, but snipers(apart from no longer camoing everywhere) and mines went two steps backward.

5 May 2014, 15:37 PM

If soviet snipers were composed of one model like the german one, counter sniping would come back into play, just like it was in vCOH. Right now you can just keep sniping fearlesly until a model dies, then its just retreat and reinforce, not to mention hyper-speed granted by super cheap sprint, so you are risking very little compared to the german player, wich can lose his equaly expensive sniper much more easily.

I really dont understand why they changed this in the first place, the same way I dont understand why they changed mines from damaging and supressing tools to insta-gib semi-atomic bombs, this game improved over COH 1 in many concepts, but snipers(apart from no longer camoing everywhere) and mines went two steps backward.

+1. The only thing that make me mad in this COH2 is the god damn sniper team.
Neo
5 May 2014, 15:40 PM

This thread is one whole big FailBoat full of FailFish.

The title is a bad start and it just goes downhill from there.

Genuine major balance issues right now:

1. ISU and Elephant too dominant in team games and even 1v1
2. Soviet mines wiping squads

Whichever faction I play with, I lose when I play worse than my opponent and win when I play better. That's balance.

Stop the QQ and L2P.
5 May 2014, 16:01 PM

Go back to vCoH forums and you'll see that sniper mechanics were among the biggest gripes people had with the game. The sniper, counter-sniper gameplay compounds the effects of twitch micro and RNG into a slippery slope mechanic where the first side to reach a critical mass of snipers wins.

Fact is, the current sniper mechanics work well for 1v1 but scale terribly in 2v2+. That's not news though. A lot of things scale badly in team games, and Relic has yet to address the issue.
5 May 2014, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 15:23 PMS73v0
Imo they should increase grens to 5 man instead of 4 man like volkgrenadiers in vcoh. With all the nerfs to armour for infantry Quantity>Quality. Anytime a gren is caught out in the open against a con in green cover 1-2 models will drop forcing a retreat. It really discourages attacking for the german player unless you're blobbing or under covering fire from an mg-42.

The point of few recent patches was to encourage exactly this kind of situations.
5 May 2014, 16:13 PM

Go back to vCoH forums and you'll see that sniper mechanics were among the biggest gripes people had with the game. The sniper, counter-sniper gameplay compounds the effects of twitch micro and RNG into a slippery slope mechanic where the first side to reach a critical mass of snipers wins.

Fact is, the current sniper mechanics work well for 1v1 but scale terribly in 2v2+. That's not news though. A lot of things scale badly in team games, and Relic has yet to address the issue.

Wasnt this cause by the fact that snipers moved invisibly and camoed everywhere? I know sniper based gameplay was a pain in COH 1 and thats one of the reasons I quit and went to play only COH 2, the snipers mechanics here are much better, except for the 2 man sniper team.
5 May 2014, 16:28 PM

Still don't see anyone trying to countersnipe. The ready-aim time on the soviet sniper is longer than the first shot re-cloak on the german sniper, so you can consistantly pick off one man of the soviet team and get away. Do that 4 times and the german sniper has paid for itself.

Easier said than done of course but I don't think its unreasonable to have to counter snipers with snipers.

I fuckin counter snipe all the damn time. these German noobs are hilarious, I play mostly soviet I admit but only because Germans were so goddamn op in most patches and I don't play that shit. So in this patch I'm starting to play Germans again and having a blast(Balance still favors Germans btw sorry to tell you the reality to all you German players that have absolutely no skill but had an inflated rank due to completely laughable balance)

I know it stings when your rank drops drastically because your unfair crutch has been leveled a bit but come on its time to improve your play.

As DanielD said the German sniper is far superior to the Soviet one and I have always tried to tell the sniper whiners this but they just won't fucking listen they play like shit in game and then try to blame it on the game.

Exactly like Daniel said you can easily pick off the first sniper and you cloak again with the German sniper long before the the Sov sniper can fire that is if you actually played and microed and waited for the right moment instead trying to attack move a Russian sniper with a German one LOL. And lots of times this can actually land you a double snipe becuase the Russian sniper fires so much slower and cloaks so much slower as well, Not only that the Germans sniper has a far larger cloak radius in relation to cover then Russian so it is much easier to keep him hidden .

Like I said I take German sniper any day over soviet one but I also don't play like an Idiot :D at least IMO.
5 May 2014, 16:36 PM

Ummm no if the Russian sniper had only one man he would be absolutely fuckin worthless and would be effectively removed from the game because the German faction has so much better sniper hunter(222) and also a far superior sniper.

Most you guys seriously don't have a fucking clue and speal clueless shit based on your clueless shit play I know its the truth. It really bothers me.... see Im all worked up.
5 May 2014, 16:38 PM

As DanielD said the German sniper is far superior to the Soviet one

Don't think he said that, and you'd be hard pressed to find many who would agree with that sentiment ;)

Ostheer sniper has his perks and on the more open maps is a very viable unit choice, but between sprint and 2 man sniper squads, the Soviet one imo is the easier to use.

Not complaining mind you, its just the way things are from a design point.
5 May 2014, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 15:40 PMNeo
This thread is one whole big FailBoat full of FailFish.

The title is a bad start and it just goes downhill from there.

Genuine major balance issues right now:

1. ISU and Elephant too dominant in team games and even 1v1
2. Soviet mines wiping squads

Whichever faction I play with, I lose when I play worse than my opponent and win when I play better. That's balance.

Stop the QQ and L2P.

Motherfuckin' WORD. I bolded the key part. I'm not saying people shouldn't DISCUSS balance, but all this whining and posting of replays where people complain about how balance lost them the game needs to go.

And the german sniper is easier to use, I would agree with that. It is more vulnerable to indirect fire, but the HP values of the soviet and the german sniper squad are the same I'm pretty sure, and the german sniper is way easier to kill stuff with, and way easier to keep camo'd.
5 May 2014, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 16:38 PMBryan

Don't think he said that, and you'd be hard pressed to find many who would agree with that sentiment ;)

Ostheer sniper has his perks and on the more open maps is a very viable unit choice, but between sprint and 2 man sniper squads, the Soviet one imo is the easier to use.

He fires faster, cloaks faster, doesn't have to as close to the cover as the russian sniper. How is that not superior? But ur right Daniel didn't say that, he pointed out the exact reasons I find German sniper superior and I said it.

Oh yeah and also forgot to mention once you get the vet ability the the extra man on the Soviet sniper just became null and void as the incendiary round guarantees you kill both one shot. So there truly is no argument against German sniper superiority once vet is achieved.

People your leaving your German sniper in the open, your trying to a move at Russian snipers out of cover, God I see this all the time. U get Germ snipe in position and bait Russian shot and nail him , you will cloak long before he can shoot again. Lots of times (without vet) ill still get both n one go cause Russian snipers don't fear the counter snipe and are not in cover and if the knee jerk retreat you have a chance to get second shot that way if u r close enough.

Another tip if you reveal and immediately hear a mortar shell don't fuck around just retreat. Mortar shells seem to home in on snipers, he'll live a lot longer
5 May 2014, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 16:38 PMBryan

What he said is true. German Sniper is far better than Soviet one.
5 May 2014, 17:22 PM

He fires faster, cloaks faster, doesn't have to as close to the cover as the russian sniper. How is that not superior? But ur right Daniel didn't say that, he pointed out the exact reasons I find German sniper superior and I said it.

Oh yeah and also forgot to mention once you get the vet ability the the extra man on the Soviet sniper just became null and void as the incendiary round guarantees you kill both one shot. So there truly is no argument against German sniper superiority once vet is achieved.

People your leaving your German sniper in the open, your trying to a move at Russian snipers out of cover, God I see this all the time. U get Germ snipe in position and bait Russian shot and nail him , you will cloak long before he can shoot again. Lots of times (without vet) ill still get both n one go cause Russian snipers don't fear the counter snipe and are not in cover and if the knee jerk retreat you have a chance to get second shot that way if u r close enough.

Another tip if you reveal and immediately hear a mortar shell don't fuck around just retreat. Mortar shells seem to home in on snipers, he'll live a lot longer

Cataclaw lose German snipers a lot, how do you comment this?
5 May 2014, 17:24 PM

He sux with his sniper?
5 May 2014, 17:24 PM

He sux with his sniper?
5 May 2014, 17:32 PM

Cataclaw lose German snipers a lot, how do you comment this?

Not when I watch him using one.

Cataclaw also plays extremely aggressive which often ends up with him having units like snipers on the frontline.
He looses not only snipers in silly way sometimes but grens as well.

He goes for maneuvers that no other players would do(aka too risky), resulting in either great reward or terrible disaster.
He pulls off it more then fails so he keeps doing it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★