Login

russian armor

(i win) button

2 May 2014, 10:56 AM

Seriously. Why don't disable the tank even longer? Like 10 minutes would be great. And the vehicle should be completely immobile. Oh, wait... it nearly is. Remember the time in vcoh when you always could save your tanks if you have good micro? Well, not in CoH 2. 1 Click and the fate of your tank is decided.
2 May 2014, 11:01 AM

I would seriously like to know which button that is.
2 May 2014, 11:02 AM

Hes talking bout buttoning tanks..

To me, the Tiger call in button is a iwinbutton in 1v1 for me.
2 May 2014, 11:03 AM

I would seriously like to know which button that is.

Ooops, sorry. I mean the button used by guards and i think its in a doctine too.
2 May 2014, 11:09 AM

Give PTRS 170 penetration and you can take button away right away.

But you obviously don't want that, do you?

Use IWIN tank smoke.
2 May 2014, 11:18 AM

Ah, you mean the ability of the guards..
I was looking for the button somewhere in the UI of COH2, I just couldn't find it..

Thanks for letting me know man, now my winratio will be 100% :)

2 May 2014, 11:19 AM

In CoH1 Brits have button too. Also, in CoH1 yankee and brits have some bazookas, in coh2 soviets have only shitty PTRS. And also in coh2 you can get commander with smoke for tanks. So no reason to cry
2 May 2014, 11:26 AM

I do agree that with Soviet tanks being stronger Guards "button" ability should be reworked.
I was going to open a topic about this myself.
2 May 2014, 11:43 AM

Permanently Banned
Seriously. Why don't disable the tank even longer? Like 10 minutes would be great. And the vehicle should be completely immobile. Oh, wait... it nearly is. Remember the time in vcoh when you always could save your tanks if you have good micro? Well, not in CoH 2. 1 Click and the fate of your tank is decided.

?

captain pls
2 May 2014, 11:49 AM

Cry post from another player who does not really understand the game mechanics
2 May 2014, 12:21 PM
Donator 22

I think button is fine and don't really struggle with it, its doctrinal and has doctrinal direct counters in smoke. It costs a reasonable amount of munis and requires an upgrade turning your guards into those treasure goblins out of D3.

Yes soviet tanks are now better but lets be honest this was desperately needed in any-case.

I think guards would be alot less useful in the late game without button and don't see it as that op, if you charge your tank into combined arms you should be punished just like charging soviet tanks into fausts (which almost always engine damage) and stun shots from paks/stugs. Also if your on the edge of the button its quite easy to just drive back out, charge up to a guard squad point blank when you know there are zis or other AT about is your own fault.

Button is best way to counter scout car spam I find, as it should be for the muni/mp cost and dedicated doctrine choice.

+ no shreks.
2 May 2014, 12:30 PM

You are talking about Target Weak Point right?
2 May 2014, 13:07 PM
Patrion 14

You think this is bad, you should have seen it in CoH1. It was essentially "Make Hans the Tank Driver take a coffee break in the middle of the battlefield" button.

As a consequence the CoH2 button feels too weak and too short for me. Objectively that is not the case, of course, because antitank combat is much faster and more punishing, but some habits die hard.
2 May 2014, 14:23 PM

Dear OP,

Which would you rather have in your arsenal?

Non-doctrinal panzerschrecks? or doctrinal guard PTRS w/ 75MU upgrade to unlock button and pay MU every time you use it.
2 May 2014, 16:13 PM

Its simple. PROTECT YOUR TANKS.

Do not send them marourdering accorss the map like in vcoh a sherman going on its summer holidays into enemy territory when it hits the field.

Be conservative with tanks, cover with inf, and Guards will have a really tough time being able to use button.

If they killed you with Guards (doctrinal troops), plus and ATG or tank, well my friend, they used combined arms to kill one unit. Where was your combined arms?
2 May 2014, 17:07 PM

Did your opponent force you to drive into button range? No.
2 May 2014, 17:41 PM

Did your opponent force you to drive into button range? No.

Thanks for your input. Always constructive and very kind.
2 May 2014, 20:01 PM

Switch factions. Abuse the alleged OP'ness. Enjoy life.
2 May 2014, 20:21 PM

This ability is not OP but can be very helpful if you use it one by one by two guards squads. But still you have to bring some AT units to make use of it.
Just finished one guy with this "button" on Pz4 by surprise during blizzard and finish it with SU-85 and ZiS - that was just perfect :D
But still... 75ammo for upgrade and 40 for each use... Why not make it colddown? Now I cant put mines cause all the time I have to have around 80 ammo.
3 May 2014, 01:02 AM

I thought this thread would be about the stun ability of vet1 stugs (target weak point)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 740
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak