Login

russian armor

Soviet TM 35 Mine

3 May 2014, 14:51 PM

are you retarded? a 90 ammo mine that MAY wipe out a SIX squad cuntscript is no problem. it isnt the same thing as wiping out completely with a 30 ammo mine on a FOUR man squad gren with lmg or pnz gren with shreks.

60, and it places an entire minefield, not a single one.
3 May 2014, 16:11 PM

a single patch for 15 munis s-mines has the capacity to wipe out a squad.
3 May 2014, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2014, 16:11 PMBurts
a single patch for 15 munis s-mines has the capacity to wipe out a squad.

I have squad wiped 6 squads on 2 mine fields placed on retreat path.
The guy was horribly bad, but still.
3 May 2014, 17:12 PM

I have never seen such squad wipes you're talking about, just a 3 men kill, but for that, many of my mines have been detected.

Oh it happens all right.

When playing as soviets I hardly ever notice these while playing (audio cue seems to unreliable here btw - anyone else notice this?).
I actually bother to watch the replays to check for squadwipes. Which is damn hard even for the mines I planted myself thanks to the antique replay system: no rewind.)

As a german player I have a hard time noticing this as well - I just get the audio cue of a lost squad (unless I see the actual explosion ofc).
I do not know if I made a mistake of ignoring an engagement and a squad burned in a molotov, ran with open arms into a shock trooper squad or just hit a mine.

The actual problem here is twofold:

Soviet mines are just awesome.
They butcher infantry and cripple tanks if detonated.

Soviets have no other worthwhile munitions sinks.
Persistent soviet infantry upgrades? Pull the other one, kid, it's got bells on!
As for molitovs:
With the new lethal small arms mechanics (which I adore, don't get me wrong) these are not viable in all firefights. Most of the time spamming molotovs just because you can is a dumb idea if you have to leave cover.

3 May 2014, 18:35 PM

Soviet mines should kill an average of 2 entities, sometimes less sometimes more. Squad wipes should be possible depending on how clumped up the squad is, but not the norm.

Mostly I think they just need to reduce the far damage a little and it would be fine, but I would defenetly not be against it.
4 May 2014, 04:12 AM

I miss the days of symmetrical mines. :(

And yes mines are too good currently, both factions.
4 May 2014, 04:20 AM
Donator 11

Just give us vcoh mines.
4 May 2014, 07:10 AM

There is nothing wrong with mines, what do you expect to happen, foot rubs? mines are devastating on both sides and smart placement at key points near craters are done intentionally to get squad wipes because they are using the pathing system to their advantage. That is player skill, not the mines fault. If you hit a mine in the middle of the road chances are you will only loose 2ish models. Maybe if you are struggling vs mines actually make use of the mine sweeper? or if you use the mines sweeper, how bout letting them lead your reinforcements?
4 May 2014, 07:26 AM
Patrion 310

are you retarded? a 90 ammo mine that MAY wipe out a SIX squad cuntscript is no problem. it isnt the same thing as wiping out completely with a 30 ammo mine on a FOUR man squad gren with lmg or pnz gren with shreks.

A. I am not retarded.
B. I do not wish to fight.
C. I guess these anti-infantry mines aren't 90 munies for each square of mines are they? Cause they're more than just 1 mine, and one field can certainly kill 2 squads or more.

But perhaps you guys are right and I'm just defending my sovietballs. Too little experience on my side! I do like the fact that AC gets insta killed by soviet mines :>. But maybe that's also too OP? Imo it might be, since planting 3 mines (90 munies) can already be a viable anti AC strat.
5 May 2014, 15:48 PM

There is nothing wrong with mines, what do you expect to happen, foot rubs? mines are devastating on both sides and smart placement at key points near craters are done intentionally to get squad wipes because they are using the pathing system to their advantage. That is player skill, not the mines fault. If you hit a mine in the middle of the road chances are you will only loose 2ish models. Maybe if you are struggling vs mines actually make use of the mine sweeper? or if you use the mines sweeper, how bout letting them lead your reinforcements?

Ever played COH 1? Mines were perfect there, they would punish badly those who dared to advance with low health squads, but would only severely damage and supress full health squads, wich generally forced a retreat. They would win games for you, and they were vastly used.

You cant have a minesweeper everywhere, thats not how the game plays out, usually you have one early and maybe two mid game, and they cant "lead the charge" on major engagements because they are frail and will die easily to focused fire.

Mines wiping out full health squads instantly is just bad design, dont fix whats not broken, give us vCOH mines back. Hell, if you want to add diversity you could make S-Mines a single cluster(remove the stupid warning sign) make them cheaper but less damaging compared to TM-35 and useless vs vehicles.
5 May 2014, 16:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Yeah. Seems like an unintended side-effect of changing the AoE profiles.

@Ruinan Ding: name-calling is unnecessary and frowned-upon by Moderation. There's no reason we can't have civil discussions here. It's just a videogame.
5 May 2014, 18:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

@Ruinan Ding: name-calling is unnecessary and frowned-upon by Moderation. There's no reason we can't have civil discussions here. It's just a videogame.

+1
5 May 2014, 20:07 PM

Mines should never kill a full health squad.

It seems to be happening a lot more in this patch...
6 May 2014, 15:23 PM

I use Soviet mines all the time. Squad wipes by them are vastly overstated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★