Login

russian armor

Target Weakpoint

29 Apr 2014, 03:40 AM

With the Stug now viable and the popular Puma, I think Target weakpoint needs a rework. The ability for a munitions cost inflicts the "Crew Shock" Critical hit, stunning any opposing vehicle for a long time. The problem occurs when the Wher player has 3-4 Pumas/Stugs and uses this ability multiple times to either
1: permanently disable any Vehicle regardless of class, resulting in its destruction.
2: inflict multiple stuns to opposing tanks in a "manfight" tank battle to 100% guarantee victory

I realize that the ability has remained the same in the Stug since the beginning of the game, but while the ability has never changed, the Stug has leaped from "game throw potential" to a viable, infact superior tank to the Panzer 4, a tank that I feel with the blitz nerf and stat inferiority to the Stug has lost its purpose to the Stug in Coh2.

I have strong feelings against the puma for its early 6 CP cost and spamability,but its a new unit so I won't say anything else about it.

I dont have any specific suggestions on how to change Target Weakpoint, I want to point out a possible balance problem right now and in the future.
29 Apr 2014, 06:24 AM

This ability has a chance to fail. I mean you shoot and nothing happens, no stunned crew, nothing.
29 Apr 2014, 06:30 AM

It's based on penetration if I remember correctly. I remember one of the recent updates changed it so target weak point only got a 2x penetration on the shot or something like that.
29 Apr 2014, 06:30 AM

That problem happens with the pak 40, mainly because the shot targets the ground, god knows why. If your pak was shooting at one tank, and you target weak point another tank and it moves, it shoots the ground where you activated target weak point. Apparently tanks with this ability dont have this problem.
29 Apr 2014, 12:47 PM

It's just bugged. I can't remember a single time where target weak point actually did what it should.
30 Apr 2014, 00:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I´ve seen it work on this patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment