Login

russian armor

Two Quick Questions

29 Apr 2014, 03:26 AM

These two strategy questions are unrelated. I like to play both factions.

1) what is the best way to deal with shermans? I thought supporting paks and getting the cheaper of the tanks being the StugG would work well, but it did not. He had just as many tanks that were all faster and could take more punishment.

2) My most pressing concern is for the Tiger ace commander. I never have fun playing against it and am not very successful. The tell tale signs that tell me i'm about to have a bad time is: a highly aggressive wandering gren mob, and spending little to no munitions until 3 CP's in. Basically what happens is that I trade well in the beginning, but all of the sudden there are two vet 3 G43 gren squads that just murder everything. They stay aggressive and push into territory that keeps mine connected in order to force me to fight. The only times I am successful is that when I see the gren mob I quickly get 2-3 mortars who are supported by Guards and RNG smiles on me. after a long grueling game of heavy losses I manage to start wiping squads with concentrated mortar fire. How should I start going about defeating this commander more frequently?
29 Apr 2014, 13:25 PM

The pumas with a pak seem to do well vs shermans. Target weak point sways it and pumas are fast enough to escape the shermans grasp.

I think maxims is one of best way to try control G43s and slow the game down.
29 Apr 2014, 13:42 PM

I prefer to punish Blobs with Katushyas. Even in 1v1. They are even more deadly with the explosive profile it seems. At vet 0 I killed an LMG squad and Shrek Squad out of four squads shooting blindly.

Pumas work good against Shremans and so does P4 if you support it...with...anything. All you need to do is hit it with a single faust and thats pretty much all the edge you need for a P4 to take it out.

P4 works alot like a baby Panther. It has less Pen drop off at range so it can kind of kite units. And the HPs are the same the only difference is the Sherman has better AI and a faster ROF. So equalize this with any kind of support.
29 Apr 2014, 17:01 PM

Well katushyas comes to late to stop the early / mid game domination. I've tried some maxims supported by guards and mortars but rifle grenades just obliterate them, which leaves me with a mortar or so and infantry whom do not trade well vs vet 3 G43 grens. I guess next time I play Germans though and see shermans I'll get P4s. Due to their price I thought I would just get overwhelmed by the Shermans.
29 Apr 2014, 17:19 PM

The shermans are slightly higher priced because they are call in and very versatile. But sponges they are not.

As far as rifle nades goes vs maxim, stick with it. Make sure the maxim is in green cover as it won't take as much damage then, always use merge from cons to keep the maxims in the fight. When I go guard and support weapon heavy merge on maxims is the main thing I use cons for.

Every rifle nade is munis down the drain, and when they see you just reinforce the squad, they will be forced to retreat.
16 May 2014, 21:03 PM

Well katushyas comes to late to stop the early / mid game domination. I've tried some maxims supported by guards and mortars but rifle grenades just obliterate them, which leaves me with a mortar or so and infantry whom do not trade well vs vet 3 G43 grens. I guess next time I play Germans though and see shermans I'll get P4s. Due to their price I thought I would just get overwhelmed by the Shermans.

Try to attack G43s with two mg squads, flank them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS