Login

russian armor

soviet mines - squad wipes

28 Apr 2014, 16:16 PM

Had last match at least 4-5 squad wipes - also full health ones. I noted that since last patch (Elbe)
those seem to be more frequent now. Any one else noted this issue?
28 Apr 2014, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 16:16 PMpagodas
Had last match at least 4-5 squad wipes. I noted that since last patch (Elbe)
those seem to be more frequent now. Any one else noted this issue?

yup, same here.
Not sure if it's due to change on the AOE profiles, or just bad luck.
Would be cool to have a Relic word about this.
28 Apr 2014, 16:32 PM

Yeah, same thing. Had like 4 grens wiped out from those mines in 1 match
28 Apr 2014, 16:33 PM

Yeah I did to. Was wondering if it was dumb luck though. Something may be amiss. I also had a single cluster of Smines kill a full health M3. So something is odd about mines in general I think.
28 Apr 2014, 16:59 PM

this should never happen, i would call it the worst issue coh2 has right now.
28 Apr 2014, 18:17 PM

Totally had 3 squads at full health wiped, I dont want to repeat my cause, ita already on ther posts :p
28 Apr 2014, 18:27 PM

I think that was bad luck, not confirmed by replay.. 4 - 5 times in one battle.. Of course.. And Poland yesterday flew in space, that happend, really, just trust me.
All time what i played i saw full health squad wipe with soviet mine one or two times, that happens rarely with me, that don't happening systematically. I don't think this is problem.
28 Apr 2014, 18:32 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Agreed, soviet mines need a serious look at. Wiping one squad at the start of the game for 30 munis is incredibly influential on the game. Mines need to less damage to infantry imo so they don't have the potential to wipe entire full health squads.
28 Apr 2014, 18:34 PM

honestly, i honestly mines could have a set limit on how much they can kill. Make it so that a single mine never kills more than 3 people from a a squad.

So a soviet mine will kill 3 guys nearly 100% of the time but never squad wipe.
28 Apr 2014, 18:47 PM

vCoH mines were absolutely perfect, not sure why they deviated from them. Massively reduce the damage and cause pin when they go off.
28 Apr 2014, 19:12 PM
Patrion 15

Yeah its super frustrating...The last game I played I lost a 4 man gren squad to a mine, and a 3 man, double vet gren squad INSTANTLY died to a molotov. All three of them burst into flames the second the grenade hit...I don't know how common that is, but I was micro'ing elsewhere and clicked to them just in time to see all three of them die simultaneously. Too many random opportunities for the germans to lose squads.
28 Apr 2014, 19:13 PM
Patrion 310

How about increase how far squads spread out? Mines should have a reduced effect not to mention potentially addressing the issues with ISU / Brumbar / Mortars / General AOE.
28 Apr 2014, 19:17 PM

Replays?
28 Apr 2014, 19:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I´ve done and receive more wipes from mines on this patch. And on the previous patch i only had it happen once (i almost forgot on that time that they were still present :P)

PD: i dont know why people mention vet, they work the same for PG, grens or pios despite of vet.
28 Apr 2014, 19:29 PM

Agreed, soviet mines need a serious look at. Wiping one squad at the start of the game for 30 munis is incredibly influential on the game. Mines need to less damage to infantry imo so they don't have the potential to wipe entire full health squads.

german s mines also wipe squads .. they cover a large area and can be placed in 5 nano seconds ..
28 Apr 2014, 19:35 PM

german s mines also wipe squads .. they cover a large area and can be placed in 5 nano seconds ..

Yep. Despite the higher cost, it's worth it just by how much area it covers and some players still aren't used to the idea of Ost planting mines (especially before the build times were lowered). I've squad wiped and been squad wiped several times because of this.
28 Apr 2014, 19:39 PM

German S mines wipe squads in the same way that infantry wipes squads - through repeated hits. The soviet one is 1shot. That is a very, very crucial difference. The German one gives you a chance to react while the soviet one you don't.

I have never wiped nor been wiped in a single explosion from an S-mine and the explosion noise is unique enough that I know to retreat them in time.

For the record I'm still pro replacing s-mines with just regular mines. I'm not sure why we keep trying to force gimmicks.
28 Apr 2014, 19:42 PM

German smines don't wipe squads after one explosion. You have a chance to retreat.
28 Apr 2014, 20:39 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Shazz and Tristan you guys summed it up there pretty well. On top of that germans have to wait till 60 munis to lay even on square of mines whereas soviets can place a mine at 30. One more thing to add is that smines have little post's indicating where they are and soviet mines do not. German players are counting on the soviets being non-observant. If not that then for area denial.
28 Apr 2014, 20:43 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with the point here but I think it's broader than just mines. Squad wipes are just too prevalent all around. I remember back in beta when the mortar used to wipe squads all the time, and they nerfed it (overnerfed it at first), why not do the same here?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★