Artillery

Do you agree?
Option Distribution Votes
33%
68%
Total votes: 40
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Apr 2014, 09:21 AM

Please make the artilery resistant to this state that they can take a stuka dive bomb (or as such) and still have around 10% of health on the gun (ofcourse the crew would be killed). This would greatly help the artillery, to make it more durable but you could still kill it with a swift panzer strike or any other form of arty. But that can be negated by a smart player, a stuka dive bomb cannot.
28 Apr 2014, 09:31 AM

And IL-2 Bomber?
28 Apr 2014, 09:32 AM

Are you mad? How do arty piece gonna take on direct bomb strike? It's like v1 in vCOH, ultimate 105-mm and 25-pounder destroyer
28 Apr 2014, 09:40 AM

I voted no.

I am an avid user of artillery, and I think it's fine how they die. I only don't like the german luftwaffe doctrine that can trade 50 fuel for 150 ammo and use a cheap recon and then a bomb strike to take it out. In the lategame you often float a lot of fuel when you play smart with your tanks, making it too easy to take out artillery without having to save up for a recon + bomb strike combo.
28 Apr 2014, 13:05 PM

No thanks. Big guns in your base don't deserve to be made any more powerful than they already are. Stukka and IL2 bombing run should retain the ability to obliterate fixed artillery.
28 Apr 2014, 13:43 PM

No, I'm an arty user and they are fine now.
They should definitely die after a diving bomb.
I don't like the destruction of light arty tough.

But anyway, it's ok now.
28 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM

Im not a arty user because at the moment its a waste of mp. Voted yes.

The arty in this game isnt so good or godly that remanning the arty after a stuka would be op.
28 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM
Patrion 14

To me it's not the fact that airstrikes CAN destroy artillery that is the problem - it's that being able to deal with artillery is a weird, binary sort of thing. If you pick a certain set of doctrines, you can counter them with basically zero effort (for a hefty amount of munitions, but it totally pays off to destroy 600 manpower). But, if you DON'T pick an airstrike-capable doctrine, they become a pain in the ass, especially on chokepoint maps where the approaches to the arty positions can be monitored.

The bigger the player count, the easier it is to deal with artillery due to diverse doctrines, as it only takes ONE doctrine with recon run and ONE with any kind of offmap to take your 600mp down the drain.
28 Apr 2014, 13:51 PM

The bigger the player count, the easier it is to deal with artillery due to diverse doctrines, as it only takes ONE doctrine with recon run and ONE with any kind of offmap to take your 600mp down the drain.

Some Panzerwerfin' and Katyushin' and it's done, it's not that hard..
Also, it has a long cool-down and it's very inaccurate, so it's not that of a big deal.

Also, that's the downside of choosing a commander in the early stages of the game..
28 Apr 2014, 15:14 PM

voted no, is a completely irrational idea, is the only counter arty weapons have
28 Apr 2014, 23:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nope.

If anything arty should be cheaper and have less range so you can´t park it on your base and shell towards the enemy base.
29 Apr 2014, 02:26 AM

I guess people haven't heard of stealth. I voted yes, because i can always sneak a tank around and get some point on the artillery. Risking a tank for an artillery piece seems like a proper trade. Currently, it is just a press of munitions and 600 mp is gone. Off-map artillery should not exist unless it is territorial, and on-map artillery needs to be expanded upon. I just dont see the use of artillery except small area denial. 600 mp cannot die any easier.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★