russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
28 Apr 2014, 17:32 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:29 PMChegwin

this i got to see, got any replays ?

In 1v1? It's happened to me before. But remind me why we're talking about the Elefant in a thread on the ISU?
Neo
28 Apr 2014, 17:48 PM

I know the solution here:

"Just put Elephant in a scout car for more close range damage to counter ISU"

28 Apr 2014, 17:51 PM

In 1v1? It's happened to me before. But remind me why we're talking about the Elefant in a thread on the ISU?

Short memory, huh? Well its started with your post claiming it's easy to kill Elefant with zis+infantry, so i asked for replay, because im curious of these vaccum games.
28 Apr 2014, 17:58 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:51 PMChegwin

Short memory, huh? Well its started with your post claiming it's easy to kill Elefant with zis+infantry, so i asked for replay, because im curious of these vaccum games.

You're missing the point. If you want to complain about the Elefant start another thread. This thread is about the ISU.
28 Apr 2014, 19:10 PM

You're missing the point. If you want to complain about the Elefant start another thread. This thread is about the ISU.

Oh i get your point, logic stands in the way of your bias so off with it. You didnt have problem supporting post made by KyleAkira comparing the two, i wonder why? No "gtfo KyleAkira, dont discuss Elefant here" ?

Also this

In any case, even a single infantry-supported Zis can easily take down an Elefant.

I haven't played with, or against, the Elefant enough to comment.
28 Apr 2014, 19:12 PM
Patrion 14

What part of "Elefant sucks against infantry" do you not understand?

What part of "the Elefant is not the topic of this thread" do you not understand?
28 Apr 2014, 19:17 PM

Amusing ;]
28 Apr 2014, 19:38 PM

People are bringing the Elefant up in a topic like this? Lol

Elefant is effective at long range against:

-Armor

-Vehicles

ISU152 is effective at long range against:

-Armor

-Vehicles

-Support Weapons

-Infantry

-Planes (as a small bonus)

-> All unit types in this game

Basic idea behind destroying an elefant: Take out its support, then flank it with armor.

Basic idea behind destroying an ISU152: Have an Elefant. (Taking out enemy support without being able to use support weapons yourself is barely an option in a close match)

ISU will see some kind of nerf in an upcoming patch im sure, the question only is when this patch will arrive.

28 Apr 2014, 19:39 PM

If you are sending Shrek squads at an ISU you are going to have a bad time.

28 Apr 2014, 19:39 PM

I don´t get what´s the problem here with the Elefant. The effectiveness of the Elefant can be minimized to almost zero by the Russian player going infantry heavy. The ISU-152 annihilates infantry while also being highly effective versus armor (two-three shots per StuG and medium tank). Try avoiding that.
28 Apr 2014, 20:28 PM

I don´t get what´s the problem here with the Elefant. The effectiveness of the Elefant can be minimized to almost zero by the Russian player going infantry heavy. The ISU-152 annihilates infantry while also being highly effective versus armor (two-three shots per StuG and medium tank). Try avoiding that.

Sounds like alot the Soviet fanboys think since they cant take on a elephant with a t34 and cons that its op. This thread has so much soviet biased hyperbole.
28 Apr 2014, 20:45 PM

Sounds like alot the Soviet fanboys think since they cant take on a elephant with a t34 and cons that its op. This thread has so much soviet biased hyperbole.

Ummm, this thread is here because german fanboys think since they can't take ISU with infantry and paks that its op...

Can you see the irony?
28 Apr 2014, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 20:45 PMKatitof

Ummm, this thread is here because german fanboys think since they can't take ISU with infantry and paks that its op...

Can you see the irony?

Lol no sorry I don't. this thread is here because ISU counters everything and fanboys like you are making things worse trying to defend it.
28 Apr 2014, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 20:45 PMKatitof

Can you see the irony?

By addressing the issues you want you are pretending other arguments are invalid. German players are saying they have no tank, infantry, or AT gun capable of working alone or together that matches effectiveness of IS-152. To counter, you and others, have said elephant is OP as if that has anything to do with this discussion.

If you want to act like an adult then make real arguments. If you wish to continue to act as a child then only respond to things you like and complain until you get your way.
28 Apr 2014, 20:58 PM

Please stop trolling Katitof, we are tired of you. You should play the game before comming here and posting.

Even Top players call the ISU-152 OP and today I played the game vs cruzz and I can confirm that it is overpowered. Also no german fanboyism spotted on this thread, you can't kill the ISU-152 with infantry and PAKs unless the enemy is an idiot, you lose the game or you are playing on Stalingrad
28 Apr 2014, 21:27 PM

Why would you try to attack ISU-152 with infantry and Paks is beyond my imagination.
28 Apr 2014, 21:41 PM

Why would you try to attack ISU-152 with infantry and Paks is beyond my imagination.

Because countering combined arms (fortunately) requires combined arms.
28 Apr 2014, 21:48 PM

So you know it two shoots squads and you would still use infantry as main assault force?
28 Apr 2014, 21:50 PM

Because countering combined arms (fortunately) requires combined arms.

And to counter MGs you rush them with random infantry units?

Countering combined arms requires combined arms and some thought to it, for example attacking from the side that isn't dug in to annihilate your advance.

Where is your arty to dispose of ZiSes and infantry? Where is your reckon plane to know how you can approach it? Where is your flank?

Many people make it seem like it, but in truth maps don't turn into thin tunnels with no obstacles the moment ISU hits the field.
28 Apr 2014, 21:54 PM

So you know it two shoots squads and you would still use infantry as main assault force?

No and I never implied that I'd do that.

But support weapons and infantry have to be part of your force if you want to take out an ISU152 because you can bet that the enemy player will support his ISU with infantry and support weapons.

What is your suggestion? Bumrushing the ISU, ZIS guns and Conscripts (and maybe T34s or Shermans, especially if youre playing a team game) with tanks?

You will waste a lot of fuel that way.

This is not really about theorycraftig...I mean I also destroyed ISU152s with 2 PZIVs before. However, if youre actually facing an opponent who knows what he's doing you cant pull that off
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS