Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
26 Apr 2014, 18:16 PM

It seems that soviet abuse and rape strats are back and germans can't do shit (again). Also scouting, flanking and ambushing WILL NEVER WORK on maps like Moscow and Minsk, don't even mention 3v3 and 4v4.

From what I heared and experienced I compleatly agree that the ISU-152 is a gamebreaker unit unless a,it's a anti-ISU map (Stalingrad) b,you have Ele and nerves to counter it.
Neo
26 Apr 2014, 18:35 PM

It seems that soviet abuse and rape strats are back and germans can't do shit (again). Also scouting, flanking and ambushing WILL NEVER WORK on maps like Moscow and Minsk, don't even mention 3v3 and 4v4.

From what I heared and experienced I compleatly agree that the ISU-152 is a gamebreaker unit unless a,it's a anti-ISU map (Stalingrad) b,you have Ele and nerves to counter it.

Please stop making generalisations. We're talking about a specific unit here, let's keep doing that.
26 Apr 2014, 18:41 PM

Flanking doesn't work on Moscow?
26 Apr 2014, 18:49 PM
Patrion 14

Neo, thank you so much for linking that video. I think Aerohank and Katitof should watch it before commenting again.

I'm with Sully: if it has such an extreme range, it shouldn't be able to one-shot both triple vet Gren squads and medium armor.
26 Apr 2014, 18:53 PM

I wouldn't go that far. ISU is too powerful atm. I think the infantry is pretty good, pgrens and assgrens(also 55 reinforce mistake) got a little overnerfed, maybe, too early to call the pgrens.
26 Apr 2014, 19:13 PM

ISU can blow up whole squad but it doesnt take place often. I just finished game with ISU and it didnt do that even once. MG from 4 to 2, miss and finish 2 who left. 3 shots for one MG squad. Also it needed 3 shots to deal with ostteruppen squad so dont say that ISU blows up everything in single shot.
Of course, sometimes happens things we saw on this video but it happens really rarely.
Neo
26 Apr 2014, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 18:11 PMSully

Great anti-tank, great anti-infantry, and extreme range. Pick two.

This in a scout car.
26 Apr 2014, 19:38 PM

ISU can blow up whole squad but it doesnt take place often. I just finished game with ISU and it didnt do that even once. MG from 4 to 2, miss and finish 2 who left. 3 shots for one MG squad. Also it needed 3 shots to deal with ostteruppen squad so dont say that ISU blows up everything in single shot.
Of course, sometimes happens things we saw on this video but it happens really rarely.
80% of the time it´s either a squad wipe or the German player has at least to retreat the squad. That´s too much for a unit that can also beat tanks easily.

It´s rate of fire should be definitely increased. The real ISU could fire once a minute... with what we have now a shot every 15 seconds instead of 10 would be more appropriate. At the very least.

And Sully´s comment was the smartest thing written in this topic so far. +1
26 Apr 2014, 19:48 PM
Patrion 14

I posted a replay of 3 ISUs vs two Elefants. Lost one ISU. So much infantry death now, I really dislike the AI of tanks this patch. The ISU is bad, but actually everything wrecks infantry late...Why bother with a vetting system for infantry now, seriously...

+1

i also agree infantries just melt to tanks now and that's not really fun.

ISU needs to be nerfed also. i thought isu152 and is2 were supposed to trade their efficiency against infantries for efficiency against tanks. i do not think that's the cast with isu152 at the moment.
26 Apr 2014, 19:48 PM

As far as I can tell 3on3 games became boring because of the ISU Buff.
Soviet players spam now every game ISUs while German counterspam elefants. The RNG gods decide who wins.

26 Apr 2014, 20:13 PM

As far as I can tell 3on3 games became boring because of the ISU Buff.
Soviet players spam now every game ISUs while German counterspam elefants. The RNG gods decide who wins.

Strange. Most of my games are 3v3 and 4v4 and the only one who brings ISU is me (a used ISU for a long time before patch).
Still, in my opinion Brrumbar is better AI that ISU (except distance). It hits almost every shot while ISU doesnt. Just finished the game. mg half squad (2), needed 3 shots (2 shots missed target) so dont tell my ISU blows up inf every shot.
26 Apr 2014, 20:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So if I understand correctly:

The unit that next to nobody built before because it was basically considered a way to throw the game is now good so it gets used

And nobody knows how to play against it because they've never seen it before

So it must be OP

Riiiight
26 Apr 2014, 20:34 PM
Patrion 310

Nope three Pumas flanking and my ISU 151 was ashes... :oops:
26 Apr 2014, 20:55 PM
Patrion 14

Pumas are doctrinal.

van voort, balance is not designed around 3v3s or 4v4s.
26 Apr 2014, 21:00 PM

So if I understand correctly:

The unit that next to nobody built before because it was basically considered a way to throw the game is now good so it gets used

And nobody knows how to play against it because they've never seen it before

So it must be OP

Riiiight

You must not have read any of the posts in this thread.
26 Apr 2014, 21:15 PM

Pumas are doctrinal.

And ISU is stock unit?
And its not like you need to buy DLC to get puma...
26 Apr 2014, 21:22 PM

1. Build arty - well let's start with an old favorite, if it's a way for soviets to deal with Elefant it shouldnt be a problem for Germans to kill ISU with theirs
2. Build Elefant - well this one is obvious, no soviet vehicle can counter Elefant
3. Build halftrack and shreks - put shreks into a halftrack, go at the rear of ISU, unload and kill ISU (halftrack is not meant to survive, its just a transport and a way to block ISU retreat)
4. Use smoke bombs/barrage + some tank - use it for flanking?
5. Pak 43 - well since it still shoots trough objects, it can engage ISU with no risk, it got buffed this patch also

So many options what to choose! But if soviets need to deal with Elefant its pretty much arty and call ins, yup

Anyways did ISU became problem in 1vs1? is it really an obstacle all you bright minds cannot surpass ?
26 Apr 2014, 21:37 PM

And one more thing. Opposite to Tiger/Panther, ISU is not line breaker. Choosing ISU means we have nothing heavy in front. ISU is long range unit and the only close range unit left is... t34/76...
Germans have much better situation because choosing Elephant does not mean lack of heavy mobile tanks. You choose Elephant, Panther is still there. We choose ISU and we are left with T34/76. No T34/85, KV1/2/8, IS2 but t34/76..
26 Apr 2014, 21:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Pumas are doctrinal.

van voort, balance is not designed around 3v3s or 4v4s.

I put that in my signature so I can weed out the people who tell me my opinions are irrelvent because I'm a peon who doesn't play 1v1
26 Apr 2014, 21:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You must not have read any of the posts in this thread.

Yeah I have.

Let me spell it out in detail and see where we disagree:

Pre-patch this unit was considered a joke, and as such rarely seen

Yes/No?

It has been buffed in the latest patch

Yes/No?

As a result people are playing it more

Yes/No?

Therefore people playing Germans will be playing against a buffed unit they are not used to seeing

Yes/No?

The previous method for "flanking" no longer works (warp blitz up to it and get behind it)

Yes/No?

This is not anything that the Soviets did not have to deal with before in the Elephant, but is is new for the Germans

Yes/No?

Therefore there needs to be a process of adjustment

Yes/No?

Therefore it is too early to say if it is OP or not.

Give it a week or so and I might agree, however I'm not viewing it as anything other than a Soviet equivalent of the elephant.

It has better AI, and slightly better mobility but a lot weaker armour

PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight