russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
28 Apr 2014, 01:08 AM
Patrion 310

So your not playing him then?
28 Apr 2014, 01:25 AM

This is entertaining I want to see the match between Deathhead and Katitof, I can't believe that Deathhead is backing off after calling Katitof a noob.
28 Apr 2014, 01:58 AM

This is entertaining I want to see the match between Deathhead and Katitof, I can't believe that Deathhead is backing off after calling Katitof a noob.

28 Apr 2014, 02:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Forum warriors.

Will this match demonstrate anything? Nope. But do it foh the people. The public wants to see blood shed.

This can be as entertaining as seeing pqumsieh playing a random dude who challenge him during the last patch.

28 Apr 2014, 05:32 AM

I mostly post on the official forums, but after reading through this thread I feel the need to give my input.

I play almost exclusively Soviets. I rarely do play Germans, and have been playing them recently. I have over 500 games as Soviets and around 70 as Germans so far, mostly 2v2, but a few 1v1 and some 3v3 as well.

Before and during the march deployment, my strategy always involved the Mechanized Support soviet commander, and its ISU-152. I always felt that the community severely underrated the ISU-152 back then. I would use the following strat: T1 - 2 penals and 1 sniper. I used scout cars with snipers back then too because it was good. Then I got Guards Rifles, teched to t4 and got an su-85.

This strategy served me very well and I had a pretty high winrate using it. An Su-85 supported with guards (to prevent panthers from flanking with button) and an ISU was very hard to beat. Everyone in this thread is acting like it just suddenly became good. It has ALWAYS been a great unit. It has always been incredibly vs. at guns and infantry, and could do decent damage to tanks as well. This isn't something that has just happened due to the recent patch.

Now, I still use the same strategy, and I can definitely say the ISU is a beastly unit right now, even the BEST unit the Soviets have. I say this as someone who has used it extensively before the recent patch - I do think it needs to be toned down somewhat. I can take on Elefants head on with an ISU, and it penetrates 75% of the time. Combine that with Mark Target (from mechanized support commander again) and you have a very potent way to combat any German vehicle or infantry unit.

I'm also probably in the minority for Soviet players in my opinion though. I don't like an unbalanced game. Soviet players need to admit when something is broken too you know.
28 Apr 2014, 06:25 AM
Patrion 14

fight fight fight!
28 Apr 2014, 06:28 AM

The ISU152 has always been a great unit since it's damage has been increased to 240. It is a long range unit that can shoot far away that is incredible against infantry and good against all tanks except the Elefant. However, most of the vocal community just doesn't see it's potential. They keep complaining that a fast, mobile long range and powerful artillery with lots of hp is easily flankable. The people complaining usually just fail to protect their ISU152.

Nevertheless, Relic gave in and follow their advice despite their incompetence with the ISU152 and made the ISU much better against tanks. Some people just need shut up and learn.
28 Apr 2014, 07:47 AM

Yesterday i had some kind of game on Rzhev Winter Map (2v2), our points as soviets has fallen to <50 and enemy had around 450 VPs ,then i rolled 1 ISU 152 and BAM! shut down 2 bunkers (enemy spammed bunkers as shit) with 3 shots, then began to wreck things. Later I rolled 1 more ISU to cover another VP (parked it between 2 houses to prevent flanking). It sink 1 tiger when it was driving on ice to hit my ISU (enemy was dissapointed). Oh, all the ISUs were covered by cloaked AT guns, mines , guards. And sniper gave me LOS to central VP. Fuck, that strategy is like - rolled up ISU and chew popcorn. Feels boring.
28 Apr 2014, 07:48 AM

RNG ==/== BALANCE.

This.

Why?
Some guys here say it's not OP, some say it is.
If you look at the video where 6 vetted grens get killed in 1 shot (driving tank), it's damn OP.
But there are times that the IS also under performs, that's because of the RNG.

Everyone here has another opinion because it doesn't always perform the same, it's hard to argue about something that isn't always performing the same.

Squad wipes should be extremely minimized, and squad wipes at 100 range should be 1% possible imo.
It's not good for the game, it's fun to watch but a 3vet gren squad, preserved throughout the game can't die from 1 shot at 100 range, that's just silly. Specially when the tank is driving..

Also, a tank shouldn't be able to 1 shot AT guns imo, I am also talking about the Brumbarr, that's just a stupid mechanic..

Start the rage gents!
28 Apr 2014, 07:54 AM

If this grudge match does not happen, I will be sad :(

Anyone remember Skybuck from CoH:O? I forget his nemesis, but everyone wanted to see a grudge match badly
28 Apr 2014, 08:09 AM

If this grudge match does not happen, I will be sad :(

Anyone remember Skybuck from CoH:O? I forget his nemesis, but everyone wanted to see a grudge match badly

Lol I remember Skybuck.
28 Apr 2014, 08:23 AM

And I am not surprised at all.

No spine forum warriors like him will never stand up after their word.

They will call others noob, they will demand playercards, but at the end they run away crying like sissy girls.

If I have so few games and my experience is so low, why is he completely terrified to play a noob like me?

He and his kind, the angry forum warriors are absolutely nothing more then this:

So unfortunately for us, deaths is doing only forum pvp, having a happy time with comp stomps.

Sorry folks, this is third time my challenge runs away. Previously it was wiking before we've found his playercard and we haven't seen him ever since.

Will this match demonstrate anything? Nope. But do it foh the people. The public wants to see blood shed.

Ability to stand up to the word I guess.
Apparently people calling others noobs without showing their own player card, but attacking others on sight have nothing hanging between their tights.
28 Apr 2014, 08:52 AM

Stay ontopic or go PM for this "Battle"
28 Apr 2014, 08:56 AM

Don't worry, I'm done with him now and won't keep it offtopic.

And on topic, have you seen last nights HelpingHans game where he used ISUs?
They did wipe some squads, but were destroyed waaaay before they have paid for themselves.

Pumas can simply hunt them down effortlessly and imagine if the map was different and allowed for better flanks then his opponent pulled of.

If you loose 3 pumas in the process you're still on top with resources.
28 Apr 2014, 09:32 AM

Amount of games played is a huge factor when it comes to balancing, it earns you experience you otherwise can only speculate about.

Anyone with a low amount of games played should be very restrictive passing judgement, they simply lack the experience to do so in any decent way.

I'd still like to see a podcast with top tier players and casters discussing balance, units and maps. Would be interesting to hear for us mid level scrubs.

Consensus seems to be that squad wipes are boring, regardless of faction (arty being the exception), I do hope that this comes through to Relic.

28 Apr 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 09:32 AMjacko
I'd still like to see a podcast with top tier players and casters discussing balance, units and maps. Would be interesting to hear for us mid level scrubs.

While that would be interesting, streamers often discuss balance on their streams, so you can ask them specific questions and get answers right away.

But that still will be opinions.

One streamer says ISU is batshit OP, another says its just noobs QQ about it, both are top players for both factions, which one is right?
28 Apr 2014, 10:01 AM

man let the soviet have something good just for 1 time + u can have elefant with p4s its good vs inf and any armor and its easy to flank with good command of you
28 Apr 2014, 10:04 AM

One streamer says ISU is batshit OP, another says its just noobs QQ about it, both are top players for both factions, which one is right?

you can tell that's every one want to win easy so you will never get anything with these
28 Apr 2014, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 09:37 AMKatitof

While that would be interesting, streamers often discuss balance on their streams, so you can ask them specific questions and get answers right away.

But that still will be opinions.

Well, I don't really follow streamers for that reason, too one sided. No one player (or dev, for that matter), knows the state of the game. Unless Relic already have talks like that with the community, I think it could be very beneficial for them to hear it (and for the rest of us just enjoyable to listen to).
28 Apr 2014, 10:38 AM

What about Brumbar then? It can one shoot squads. Itcan one shoot AT guns. It can fight tanks. It comes way earlier as well. Is Brumbar OP?
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS