Login

russian armor

April 24th Patch Notes Discussion

PAGES (17)down
25 Apr 2014, 12:48 PM

So the T34 has better AI then the Ostwind? o_O

Against 4 men squads which run in the open towards it, yes. The ostwind has a better rate of fire. Though the stats page says it's splash damage is only 2 (other tanks have 2.5) it perceives higher.
25 Apr 2014, 13:09 PM

germans outspammed us with
op mass ostruppen
op killing all infantry ostwind
shitload of grens whos grenade killed like 4 of 6 guards
then machinegun pak43 that wiped my t34 85
il tryie to play with captain America saves damn commies commander but dshk sucks so hard...
OHH CANADA WHY WE LET YOU BE A COUNTRY?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhuzzG5Bv0

What's wrong with you?
You are always so miserable...
If you don't like this game, why don't you play something like ... mmm.... tetris??
25 Apr 2014, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 13:09 PMtokarev

What's wrong with you?
You are always so miserable...
If you don't like this game, why don't you play something like ... mmm.... tetris??

but.. but... iam happy with this patch so you don't worry
25 Apr 2014, 13:17 PM

but.. but... iam happy with this patch so you don't worry

Now you can finally win with soviets. Change to HappyCustomer maybe? xD
25 Apr 2014, 13:31 PM

I didnt notice this in the past, but it seems the soviet mines can wipe out vetted grenadier squads in 1 hit consistently. And they are so cheap...
25 Apr 2014, 13:37 PM

I didnt notice this in the past, but it seems the soviet mines can wipe out vetted grenadier squads in 1 hit consistently. And they are so cheap...

Did you also notice? I had a game yesterday (already posted here) where I had 2 gren squads and 1 PG squad wiped by 3 mines separately each squad. I raged like hell XD
25 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM

PGs need to be buffed.

Everyone keeps saying they cause a lot of dmg, but to get close in to cause any dmg they lose too many men.

Lower the dmg if you want, just make them survive longer like Shocks. Otherwise you're throwing away MP.
25 Apr 2014, 13:55 PM

PGs need to be buffed.

Everyone keeps saying they cause a lot of dmg, but to get close in to cause any dmg they lose too many men.

Lower the dmg if you want, just make them survive longer like Shocks. Otherwise you're throwing away MP.

dont get close with them.

It's called an assault rifle...
25 Apr 2014, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 11:06 AMgeist
Feels like paks are awesome now. Also they seem to vet very fast.

I agree with this too, and it's a good change (since paks are 320, 9 Pop...) The paks/Zis are now pretty good since they move and set up much faster.

I find the SU-85 kind of redundant now since the T-34/76 is now a solid and good tank fighter (especially used in pairs and above). The Zis is now much better which decreases the usefulness of the SU.

Same thing with the T-34/85. The T-34/76 can now hold its own so the value of the double call in is now questionable. The Lend lease commander pretty much makes it obsolete I feel.

Overall, I think the STug III G is nerfed since its AT performance is now downgraded to the Panzer IV. It has no turret and cannot pen T-34 front armor....not good, not good. I think its infantry DPS/scatter is similar to the old stug III E/Panzer IV C. It's better against infantry than before but NOT THAT much better. So I still think that the Panzer IV is the main tank killer of T3.

Panther...I feel like the price is finally fair. It is high enough so that there is only 1 or 2 per game and they will support the Panzer IVs. They also have superb pen now.
25 Apr 2014, 15:05 PM

Overall, I think the STug III G is nerfed since its AT performance is now downgraded to the Panzer IV. It has no turret and cannot pen T-34 front armor....not good, not good. I think its infantry DPS/scatter is similar to the old stug III E/Panzer IV C. It's better against infantry than before but NOT THAT much better. So I still think that the Panzer IV is the main tank killer of T3.

Shame, really. Was such a nice trio. Ostwind vs infantry. PzIV vs Inf and Tanks. And StuG vs Tanks.
Now it's also somewhere between good vs Inf and Tanks but without the turret and no armor and still a target size of 20. Cheaper though.
25 Apr 2014, 15:05 PM

PGs need to be buffed.

You're using them wrong. Don't build PG heavy army. Have one squad designated to flanking or as AT support role.
25 Apr 2014, 15:07 PM

use stugs like in vcoh spam them.

STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG STUG

AND THEN MORE STUG
25 Apr 2014, 15:29 PM

2v2:

Soviet mixed infantry spam > ostheer everything. No fucking way.
25 Apr 2014, 15:35 PM

So what happened to the Panzerwerfer. I used it today, drove up close to get the maximum effect of it's barrage and it hardly kills units. Also, with the long cooldown, it takes forever to vet up. I don't really like this change, since you have to get up close every time, exposing the unit to Zis or SU 85's. Opponets had Katyushas, which I felt performed so much better. Anybody else experience this?
25 Apr 2014, 15:37 PM

One Panzerwerfer alone is a total waste of everything. Cooldown nerf killed it imo.
25 Apr 2014, 15:46 PM

KV-1 does in fact have the same gun as the T34, meaning it has the same changes the T34 got to its main gun.

Panther penetration is 220/240/260 (far/mid/close) for reference.

According to game files, Panther's penetration is 160/170/180 (far/mid/close) - unless Panther is using a different stat from the files than all the other tanks do to decide it's penetration.
25 Apr 2014, 15:54 PM

Why do you say vetted like it have some meaning?
Vet of not a single unit provides any kind of bonuses in survivability against explosives.
25 Apr 2014, 15:59 PM

It's cheaper but by barely noticeable amounts. I don't think the stug III G is worth it anymore with all its nerfs.

I do like the patch a great deal, though. The Pak will be more important to German play now, and there will be less 'panther spam' in team games. It would be hard to field more than 1-2 panthers now.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 15:05 PMUmbert

Shame, really. Was such a nice trio. Ostwind vs infantry. PzIV vs Inf and Tanks. And StuG vs Tanks.
Now it's also somewhere between good vs Inf and Tanks but without the turret and no armor and still a target size of 20. Cheaper though.
25 Apr 2014, 16:09 PM

It's cheaper but by barely noticeable amounts. I don't think the stug III G is worth it anymore with all its nerfs.

Maybe switch them? Make the E the standard anti-something buildable one and the G an anti-tank doctrinal one?
25 Apr 2014, 16:22 PM

Did you also notice? I had a game yesterday (already posted here) where I had 2 gren squads and 1 PG squad wiped by 3 mines separately each squad. I raged like hell XD

Guys, please post replays or it never happened.

Also, are you sure you ran through a set of single mines? When I play with Soviets I often double up mines to inflict heavy damage to engine or one shot the infantry squad. I bet it looks like a single explosion to enemies...
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS