Login

russian armor

Patch notes - April 24 Update - Balance Notes

23 Apr 2014, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 20:02 PMKatitof

Well, 34/76 have 55% to penetrate tiger rear.
I find that a buff as opposed to the previous 32%.

Well, I was mostly focusing on the benefits of the armor buff of T34/76.

But thx for pointing it out. Tho it will be harder to swarm the Tiger now because of the cost increase.
23 Apr 2014, 20:36 PM

Katitof I'd argue its a T34 alternative. Whomever chooses that commander would not have to go T3 and could go T4 for SU85's. This will be a very strong combo.
23 Apr 2014, 20:38 PM
Patrion 310

Thank you relic! Thank you for the effort :).
23 Apr 2014, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 20:36 PMNapalm
Katitof I'd argue its a T34 alternative. Whomever chooses that commander would not have to go T3 and could go T4 for SU85's. This will be a very strong combo.

Well, it always was, but I'm still not convinced that KV-1 is in right spot.
The hp nerf is my main beef.
23 Apr 2014, 21:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well the KV8 and KV1 have the same health.

Possibly depowering the KV1 is a side affect of doing the same to the KV8.

Note that neither saw their CP Value increase whereas I think every other call in tank did
23 Apr 2014, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 20:41 PMKatitof

Well, it always was, but I'm still not convinced that KV-1 is in right spot.
The hp nerf is my main beef.

I think you are going to be correct. I'm not sure they are going to be finished with the tank balance.
23 Apr 2014, 21:18 PM
Patrion 14

Personally, and I play both factions, this is a nudge in the right direction.

If I was being really heretical, I'd suggest Panther as a doctrinal call-in tank and restructure Soviet T4 completely, but that's just me. I'd also make the Flakpanzer a call-in and replace it with a PzIII.
23 Apr 2014, 21:41 PM

The artillery pieces only shooting four shells really sucks ass, as if they weren't already obsolete enough as it is, they should give them manpwer decreases if they only gonna shoot four shells, well the german one can stay the same price becuase its not very likely to get bombed but the soviet one is almost guarenteed to get off mapped most the time you dont even get to use it more then once it needs to halfed in price.
23 Apr 2014, 21:52 PM
Patrion 14

You guys just wait and see, jaws will be dropped I think..
23 Apr 2014, 21:56 PM

You guys just wait and see, jaws will be dropped I think..

Are you referring to arty?
23 Apr 2014, 21:59 PM

If this patch turns tank wars from lol-mode to think and move mode, I will nerdgasm.
23 Apr 2014, 22:41 PM

i dont know what i have to think about the changes some seem good others i dont really understand

Infantry:

pgren changes: well now the became as easy to kill as grens, dont know if they now can still fight ppsh troops and properly assault enemys or evolved if they into a "i can only defend grens from melee attacks unit" will be intresting to see

Conscripts: seem ok and were also needed before cons were mostly cannon fooder

Pioneers: well would have liked an cost increase more but we have to see how this works out hope they now cant be charged by enemy units again cause i really liked how they killed charging scripts feelt realistic (you dont charge an squad with Smgs) other then the BB guns from before were they loosed to nearly every unit on the field in close range

Grens and Guards: changes seem ok but have to see how the lmg changes work out

At-guns: very good changes makes them more effective

HMGs: hmm dont know why they increased firepower against light vehicles well now i have more reasons to steal maxims from russian players XD (honestly i love their mobility)

Tanks:

Stug changes: I dont like them, the Stug was one of the most effective tank killers in WW2 and now they make an AI Tank out of it which most likely wont be able to kill an T-34, honestly if i want AI i can get an Flackpanzer in my opinion the Stug should be able to fight a Su85 if you have 2 of them

ISU 152: Changes seem ok but would be intresting to now if it can still oneshot german squads if yes well then that is a bit too much in my opinion and maybe the HP buff is also a bit too much with the increased armor but lets wait and see actually one of the changes that confuses me the most (not that it was not necessary but i dont know if they did write all changes in numbers in the log)

IS2 Changes: well seems to be intrestiing changes but the low damage high rof dont fit an IS2 in my opinion and second question is does it keep its AOE or did we get old AI values with higher RoF

T-34: Ram changes are good (even if such stuff not really happend in WW2) and the buffs will also give the T-34 a better role in combat
23 Apr 2014, 22:51 PM

Stug changes: I dont like them, the Stug was one of the most effective tank killers in WW2 and now they make an AI Tank out of it which most likely wont be able to kill an T-34, honestly if i want AI i can get an Flackpanzer in my opinion the Stug should be able to fight a Su85 if you have 2 of them

There were diffrent versions of the StuG (WoT just split the Stug in 2 to reflect this :D) and it was often used as a assaultgun, aka good agaisnt inf.

23 Apr 2014, 23:16 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Osttruppen
The low accuracy on the Osttruppen rifle led to their weapon output feeling very inconsistent. This was addressed by increasing their accuracy while reducing the damage done per shot. Additional modifications were made to improve the viability of the Osttruppen at all stages of the game, such as increasing their capture rate to 1. Osttruppen will remain slightly combat inefficient relative to Grenadiers.
Cover bonus from 1.75x accuracy to 2x accuracy
Accuracy from 0.21/0.2/0.19 to 0.45/0.4/.35
Damage from 16 to 8
Cooldown from 0.5-1 to 0.75-1.25
Cooldown near modifier from 0 to 0.125
Wind down from 1.625 to 1.3
Moving cooldown from 2 to 1.5
Capture rate from 0.5 to 1

StuG III G
The StuG III G fulfills the role of assault gun. These changes make it more effective vs. infantry and slightly worse versus medium and heavy vehicles. Relative to the T34, the StuG III G provides extremely high damage output but is fairly vulnerable to being flanked.
Armor from 160 to 140
Rear armor from 80 to 70
Penetration from 140 to 120
Health from 480 to 400
Reload time from 4 to 3.5-4.5
Distance scatter max from 6.5 to 4
Scatter angle from 7.5 to 5
Manpower from 280 to 230
Fuel from 95 to 80

Looks like will need an update soon. Stugs and Osttruppen gonna be my thing >=D.
23 Apr 2014, 23:24 PM

Well this is an interesting patch, I have a feeling its gonna be fun :)

This is the direction we wanted the game to take 6 months ago, at least now I'm positive the game is gonna be good. Sooner or later.

Trying it ASAP for sure!
24 Apr 2014, 00:46 AM

well Lichtbringer yes it was used as assualt gun but i am talking about the G stug the one which could kill most russian tanks from the front thx to his long 7,5 and some Tungsten core Pzgr 40 made it also effective against IS and ISU from the side

also the AI stug we already have in ToV and as DLC commander and that one is horrible and my fear now is the get the G stug on the same level and will be making it useless with this

atm it at least has a role as counter against T-34 and T70 and also Su85 if you have more then the enemy and spot it with inf before you send the stug

afterall they did not write anything about AoE changes in the notes
24 Apr 2014, 01:53 AM
Patrion 15

I would really like to see a graph of the Tank pen effective ranges similar to the small arms weapon profiles graphs that were made. This would give us an idea of what ranges each tank is most effective, and would allow people to compare them all at a glance. I imagine most of this will be obvious after playing a dozen games or so, but it would still be nice to have none the less.

As far as the patch goes I think its another step in the right direction. I still don't see the T-70 having a real role, even with the armor buff it still has pathetic hp and comes at roughly the same time as Ost T3 tanks. Perhaps the mobility buffs will give it enough spunk to be annoying in the hands of a skilled player. Again, this is all speculation and I don't want to go to far down the rabbit hole without actually playing.

The arty changes make me scratch my head though. They were already pretty divisive as a unit. You either had the doctrine to counter them, or they shelled your base into oblivion. Now they are just less effective at the latter. Still doesn't fix the underlying issue that unless you have the recon run/arty combo they are almost impossible to deal with.
24 Apr 2014, 02:54 AM
Patrion 14

The IS-2 should be about high alpha damage and slow reload times. With only 160 damage and shorter reload it´s yet another Tiger with Soviet stickers on it.

wow. seeing how judgemental you are being with this patch, you must have a lot of experience with the patch that's coming out tomorrow. oh wait, it's not even out yet! and how would you know what units should act like what.
24 Apr 2014, 03:41 AM

Probably the most interesting patch since the game came out..

It looks like they took a note from the original COH: The Panzer IV and the T-34/76 are now a close match. Both will have problems penning each other's front armor. Ram has been heavily nerfed to compensate and the price of the T-34 has been raised.

Heavy tanks seem 'less essential' now.
24 Apr 2014, 06:06 AM
Patrion 14

The B4 howitzer adjustments were completely unnecessary. It was difficult and expensive enough to get that Direct Fire shot off, now it's not even a guaranteed penetration (and kill/cripple) anymore? I hope that's not the case.

Otherwise, I think if you do manage to stabilize the front and save up the mp for 2-3 howitzers, you deserve the win by trashing the base from afar. I thought the entire point of the artillery commanders was that. They're not getting any of the usual heavy call-ins to attack or defend with, after all.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★