Login

russian armor

Relic's Performance Regarding Feedbacks

21 Apr 2014, 17:13 PM

Jeez you guys are impossible to satisfy. Almost all major issues have been resolved in the following patch and they patch every 1.5 months or so. That's pretty fast compared to a lot of games, and a lot more consistent then most games.

The only thing that took them two patches was the tiger ace and I can hardly blame them considering they had to turn it into a completely different unit.

+1

You guys dont forget, that the next patches will have to be good and very considerate, becouse 2 new dactions is coming, and a bad patch can broke the current balance, and make a lot of new work for the same effect, so be patient, its not so easy as it looks.
21 Apr 2014, 19:35 PM

Psh, poll says otherwise guys, deal with it.
21 Apr 2014, 20:37 PM

I think it's fair to expect more frequent, smaller patches; especially when balance is as off as this patch.
21 Apr 2014, 20:47 PM

21 Apr 2014, 21:25 PM
Patrion 310

Yeah relic patches regularly thats a big plus in my opinion and the patches are coming in short time frames. And I would like to thank relic to have given me countless hours of fun playing CoH and giving the world builder tool to spend quite some time making a few 1 on 1 maps for my game buddy and me. I also put my faith in the next patch... which is coming :)(so do I hope) in the nearest future.
21 Apr 2014, 22:16 PM

Relic balance patches should not be fast and frequent. For each patch, there needs to be time for the metagame to evolve, adapt, and stabilize before proper judgment can begin whether X is overpowered or Y is underpowered.

It took forever to realize Shermans could circlestrafe Stugs, or that Infestors were actually really OP.
21 Apr 2014, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 22:16 PMtengen
It took forever to realize Shermans could circlestrafe Stugs

Wait, this was something that was broken? How? Panthers/Panzer IV's do the same thing with su-85's. T34's can practically do the same things with the current stugs, too.
Only Relic postRelic 22 Apr 2014, 15:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We would like to send out a shout out to all who have been supportive and understanding thus far. We are firmly committed to making this the best RTS game on the market!
22 Apr 2014, 15:47 PM

We would like to send out a shout out to all who have been supportive and understanding thus far. We are firmly committed to making this the best RTS game on the market!

Yes, we know, just do less teasing and more patching so we will never have to see the balance in state which it is currently again.
22 Apr 2014, 15:49 PM
Patrion 27

It wouldn't hurt to let us know when the next patch is scheduled.
22 Apr 2014, 16:00 PM

It wouldn't hurt to let us know when the next patch is scheduled.

It appears to be coming today at roughly 7 PM EST. Though this hasn't been confirmed.
22 Apr 2014, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 16:00 PMWilliG

It appears to be coming today at roughly 7 PM EST. Though this hasn't been confirmed.

Relic always gives patch notes day ahead.

We had no patch notes yesterday.

Go figure the rest yourself.

the only thing that is coming today is reddit QA where the only valid question will be "when is the patch" and we will hear "soon".
22 Apr 2014, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 15:47 PMKatitof

Yes, we know, just do less teasing and more patching so we will never have to see the balance in state which it is currently again.

Thanks for this.
22 Apr 2014, 16:32 PM

Psh, poll says otherwise guys, deal with it.

Justin Beiber and 2chainz are mad popular but I ain't gotta be a fan and it don't mean their music is any good.

22 Apr 2014, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 16:10 PMKatitof

Relic always gives patch notes day ahead.

We had no patch notes yesterday.

Go figure the rest yourself.

22 Apr 2014, 16:54 PM

The Questions not really reflect my opinion, so I am gonna voice it here:

Question1: No, they should patch more often, in smaller batches.

But I also want to note, that my take on what is inbalanced might differ from yours, AND Relics might differ from yours which means it doesn't take to long, they just don't see it as a problem, which I can understand veryoften. Just imagine they would do everything this Forum says o_O.

Question2: Definitly no. Especially some easy to fix bugs. (Which we assume they are easy to fix), some bugs are ok, there are always somes that are hard to fix, but Relic overlooks some easy to fix ones I think.

Question3: Ehhhh, "popular whishes" was the wrong word. You should have said good suggestions. Popular =/= good. And Holdfire was a bad example because they actually implement this, so everyone who knews it is biased. But after all I think Relic does kiiinda a good job. (Because see Question1: Would be a funny game if Relic actually listened to this forum), on the other hand some easy suggestions should be implemented, or faster (hold fire).

So in the end. I am happy Relic doesn't listen to stupid people, but I would hope they would listen more to smart people (obviously me / the Suggestions I want).
And some easy things could be implemented. (earlyer). (Holdfire).
22 Apr 2014, 17:05 PM

I will lock the poll on Monday.
Vaz
26 Apr 2014, 08:27 AM

There has been some times where a patch came out and the balance became so bad that matchups became hard. A great example is last patch, where Germans were way OP and at first we had everyone queuing into Germans for a while, then a lot of players must have got bored with easy wins and all queued soviet for hard mode. This state of balance shouldn't drag on for 3 weeks. I played 1 game and knew it wasn't right when I couldn't beat pioneers with any of my infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★