Login

russian armor

Elite Troops

20 Mar 2016, 14:28 PM

It should be re-introduced to the game.
20 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

Here we see necromantic powers alike medics and bergetigers.

On topic, i am, was and will always be agains the removal of soviet industry and elite troop training
20 Mar 2016, 15:12 PM

Here we see necromantic powers alike medics and bergetigers.

On topic, i am, was and will always be agains the removal of soviet industry and elite troop training

Could be a passive ability that provides faster veterancy for the troops (like +20%).

It made the doctrine unique, same with Soviet industry.
20 Mar 2016, 15:35 PM

Could be a passive ability that provides faster veterancy for the troops (like +20%).

It made the doctrine unique, same with Soviet industry.
it could be just adjusted or allows osthern to have vet 5-4, its not strange to see this 2 factions share things between them by doctrines
21 Mar 2016, 12:30 PM

I love the Ostheer vet 5 idea. I mean, it could very well be hilariously broken - vet5 mg42s, vet 5 panzerwerfer, vet 5 sniper (he gets a 16x scoped mg42)...

But Elite troops definitely needs something veterency related - or at least change the friggin' commander description!
21 Mar 2016, 13:31 PM

I thought about creating a topic about the Tiger Ace.

It is hard to define. It´s never really balanced. It´s either totally OP or totally crippling due to the resource penalty. Keeping the Tiger Ace alive punishes you rather than reward you. Thus I see the thing being used in yolo-rushes to do as much damage as possible. This is not how Coh is meant to be played.

The economy damage should be taken out of the game and a fuel cost should be added.
21 Mar 2016, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 13:31 PMButcher
I thought about creating a topic about the Tiger Ace.

It is hard to define. It´s never really balanced. It´s either totally OP or totally crippling due to the resource penalty. Keeping the Tiger Ace alive punishes you rather than reward you. Thus I see the thing being used in yolo-rushes to do as much damage as possible. This is not how Coh is meant to be played.

The economy damage should be taken out of the game and a fuel cost should be added.

Agreed
21 Mar 2016, 13:54 PM

I'm alittle confused here Kappa There is no vet up ability in that doctrine. You can't insta vet up a unit. Keepo
21 Mar 2016, 13:56 PM

I'd like to see a vet call in unit as well, similar to the Easy8 USF commander had. Random vet1/2 PG's at 3CP's could be a possibility that might work. Or perhaps stormtroopers instead of PG's whatever you like.
21 Mar 2016, 14:12 PM

If they fixed stormtroopers to spawn with mp44s then it wouldn't be so bad, but atm they are trash in this doctrine. Still can't see why they removed the vet ability other than whining babies on the forums.
21 Mar 2016, 15:24 PM

If they fixed stormtroopers to spawn with mp44s then it wouldn't be so bad, but atm they are trash in this doctrine. Still can't see why they removed the vet ability other than whining babies on the forums.

if it helps you, it was due to same reason why they remove it from Rifle company.

This game is all about keeping alive your squads....an ability that allows you to get a fresh green squad, get them to vet 3 through ability so you can replace your whiped vetted squads in late game is not a good thing in a game where preservation is a key aspect of the game...

Same way, fresh vet1-vet2 rifles in the early game at a cost of only 20 mp more than stock rifles is not a good thing...
21 Mar 2016, 15:27 PM

Necro please close
21 Mar 2016, 15:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The vet ability was disgusting, it completely goes against the basics of squad preservation and reward in this game.

The Tiger Ace does too. You shouldn't be able to wait for 4 minutes with no territory and be able to shit out the best tank in the game; in a 1v1 it doesn't matter if it cripples your economy after if it gives you the momentum to make the killing blow. No fuel cost lets you make 2 P4s before you bring out the super tiger, and if you kept them alive it doesn't even matter that your economy goes down the toilet, not like you were going to spend that fuel anyways at popcap.
21 Mar 2016, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 15:24 PMFul4n0

if it helps you, it was due to same reason why they remove it from Rifle company.

This game is all about keeping alive your squads....an ability that allows you to get a fresh green squad, get them to vet 3 through ability so you can replace your whiped vetted squads in late game is not a good thing in a game where preservation is a key aspect of the game...

Same way, fresh vet1-vet2 rifles in the early game at a cost of only 20 mp more than stock rifles is not a good thing...

That does help, thanks.

But to me the solution of removing it from the game is a lazy one that reduces game variety. There were other, better solutions (cost increase, timer cooldown, etc.) they could have tried but they couldn't bothered to test them despite having a really active community that would love the chance to help out. Same with ColdTech and removing blizzards entirely. Same with the different vehicle criticals. Same with Soviet Industry.

And now some people clearly want the Tiger Ace (the "best" tank(!)) removed as well. Do you not feel that this incessant whining for removing unique features or units (or nerfing them into the ground) is making the gameplay much more bland?
21 Mar 2016, 16:39 PM

Replace tiger ace (which is a lame unit) with King Tiger.
21 Mar 2016, 17:13 PM

Just give Tiger same stat as Tiger but vet faster and maybe one extra ability like marked target and of course fuel cost. Call-in vehicles with no fuel cost was a stupid idea since release.
21 Mar 2016, 17:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

And now some people clearly want the Tiger Ace (the "best" tank(!)) removed as well. Do you not feel that this incessant whining for removing unique features or units (or nerfing them into the ground) is making the gameplay much more bland?

The unit is okay, the problem is the pricing. The no fuel cost promotes poor gameplay, they can keep the unit unique while still costing fuel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★