Login

russian armor

To those supporting this patch's "balance"...

7 Apr 2014, 12:09 PM

So, you're telling me, you have absolutely no experience on how a faction plays in any way, shape or form, yet you feel informed enough and - somehow - correct in talking about it?

Good god the arrogance is strong in this one.

And they told me I should not comment on game balance because I have "just" 32 multiplayer games with soviets (from wich last 10 after the 25 march patch) and 46 skirmishes with the same faction (from wich 13 after the 25 march patch).

This one really beats me. :rofl:

Well you know what?

Thank you Relic for this 25 march patch, because you just made me actualy enjoy while playing with soviets - now it is as challanging as with the germans!! :clap:
7 Apr 2014, 12:15 PM

And they told me I should not comment on game balance because I have "just" 32 multiplayer games with soviets (from wich last 10 after the 25 march patch) and 46 skirmishes with the same faction (from wich 13 after the 25 march patch).

This one really beats me. :rofl:

Well you know what?

Thank you Relic for this 25 march patch, because you just made me actualy enjoy while playing with soviets - now it is as challanging as with the germans!! :clap:

You must have a lot of fun playing against Übermensch Grenadiers and getting your Scripts laughed at, your Maxims rifle naded, Snipers G43 countersniped and your Guards being living treasure chests literally murdered by Pios. Yep.

But hey, 5 Grens is as challenging.
7 Apr 2014, 12:21 PM

now it is as challanging as with the germans!! :clap:

lol
Dunno if I'm weird or what, but even before the patch, I always had a better winrate with germans (and with 0 DLC commanders).
7 Apr 2014, 12:23 PM

I think I'm reading what you said wrong. You're saying that shrecked PGs can beat a full squad of guards with DP at an equal level of vet bonus?

Yep, thats exactly what I did. I wouldn't say that they just beat them in all situations, but they certainly can beat them.
You obviously can't close in in the open and all you have to do is throw 1 nade, you don't even have to hit them, just make them move therefore make them loose all DPS for a few more secs, that is enough for 2 stgs to do the damage.
And before someone call me biased or something again, you can already find me in top 200 for germans 1v1.
Not like getting there was any kind of a challenge with this patch...
7 Apr 2014, 12:27 PM

7 Apr 2014, 12:59 PM

You must have a lot of fun playing against Übermensch Grenadiers and getting your Scripts laughed at, your Maxims rifle naded, Snipers G43 countersniped and your Guards being living treasure chests literally murdered by Pios. Yep.

But hey, 5 Grens is as challenging.

I do. And actually I don't get my Scripts laughed at, because they are supported by penals, that comes riding SC and later M5 (more resistant). They burn to toast mortars and mgs, while they are trying to pin my conscripts. Ya know, you really have to know how to micro a SC in order not to lose it too early vs a faust shot. If you don't, you can't play with this tactic. Because inside penals stay in green cover, have an increased 15% weapon lethality of course and usually they kinda toast/shot any gren squad aproching for a faust shot. So cons are never alone on the field in my book and I play agressively and atack cutoff points denying fuel. Later on I support my troops with T34s and when german player manages to build one Panther, I ram it with one of the T34s while the other one or two finishes it off.

That's what I do and it seems to work. I don't lose my time with tones of snipers that can be lost to a lucky mortar shot. And I use mines. As many as I can.
7 Apr 2014, 13:02 PM

I do. And actually I don't get my Scripts laughed at, because they are supported by penals, that comes riding SC and later M5 (more resistant). They burn to toast mortars and mgs, while they are trying to pin my conscripts. Ya know, you really have to know how to micro a SC in order not to lose it too early vs a faust shot. If you don't, you can't play with this tactic. Because inside penals stay in green cover, have an increased 15% weapon lethality of course and usually they kinda toast/shot any gren squad aproching for a faust shot. So cons are never alone on the field in my book and I play agressively and atack cutoff points denying fuel. Later on I support my troops with T34s and when german player manages to build one Panther, I ram it with one of the T34s while the other one or two finishes it off.

That's what I do and it seems to work. I don't lose my time with tones of snipers that can be lost to a lucky mortar shot. And I use mines. As many as I can.

Thats a good tactic actually. Gotta try it myself. My point is that Germans dont really need to adapt and can easily live out their old #SNF5 Habit which is spamming Grenadiers.

The Soviet player has to do the complex thinking and adaptation with now inferior units while the German player can easily spam his buffed Grens and expect the same or even better results.
7 Apr 2014, 13:21 PM

So you are saying that the counter to germans now is penals and SC? And if i am not so good at SC micro and say i use the SC and it dies, what other option are there? Please inform us, not only you but all of you that are saying that the game is balanced!
Please help the soviet fanboys so they stop whinning and crying!
7 Apr 2014, 13:55 PM

I feel like it should be mandatory to have your playercard displayed on the forum if you want to make balance threads XD

In that case why are YOU posting.... MVGame
7 Apr 2014, 14:07 PM

So you are saying that the counter to germans now is penals and SC? And if i am not so good at SC micro and say i use the SC and it dies, what other option are there? Please inform us, not only you but all of you that are saying that the game is balanced!
Please help the soviet fanboys so they stop whinning and crying!

Stop the irony. I really ment it when I said that now I like to play with soviets too, because there is no "easy mode" in COH2 anymore.
I am far from a soviet faction strategist, and most probably I have nothing to teach you. I'm just trying different tactics, refusing to be bound in one typical strategy, as I usually do with the germans (changing tactics every time a patch arrives).
Knowing that in COH2 as in vCOH it's very important to be as mobile as possible, logic tells us that you need fast, solid mobile units to play agressively and deny especially fuel to your enemy. That is why I use SC at first, then the M5 which can be transformed later into that efficient AA. Troops carried by these mobile units are actualy staying in green cover and shooting more efficiently. Every single german faction player I met with this tactic used mgs and mortars together with grenadiers. While I used cons as "canon fodder" - but not careless - to draw fire, I used mobile units as strike units, and most of engagements finished with german player hiting retreat button or loosing heavily. In this time window (before german player will reorganize and come back on the field, due to the fact you have mobile fast units you can go for the cutoffs and make a little mess while your other foot troops (cons, engeneers, are caping).

I can't tell you what would happen if I lose the SC or M5 too early, because this didn't happen yet. But I suppose I would just build a new one and continue the same trend untill I grab some T34s.

Again, I'm not saying this is the solution or something like this, but I observed that playing with soviets with the same tactics as before doesn't work anymore. And then, I did what I did after every patch (before 25 march)that changed the game and made germans progressively weaker: I try to find other tactics, re-think the strategy. That's all, nothing more.
7 Apr 2014, 14:14 PM
Benefactor 115

Heini has a point, germans are obviously op but the issue is magnified by the fact that a lot of people still rely solely on conscripts spam.
I am having tons more fun now with penals and m3s, it's quite frustrating when you lose early squads there's pretty much no way back into the game, but it's very rewarding when you win.
hopefully with some adjustment it will get balanced but I have much more fun now.
7 Apr 2014, 14:15 PM

Thats a good tactic actually. Gotta try it myself. My point is that Germans dont really need to adapt and can easily live out their old #SNF5 Habit which is spamming Grenadiers.

The Soviet player has to do the complex thinking and adaptation with now inferior units while the German player can easily spam his buffed Grens and expect the same or even better results.

spaming grenadiers is an easy tactic and german players are tempted to do it. Never met yet a player who builds exclussively grenadiers but I'm sure there are. What I would try against them would probably be the same penal-con combo without snipers and probably without paper vehicles like the SC. And for sure I would call in an 120 mm mortar while rushing to T3 and T34s. That is what i'll probably do.
7 Apr 2014, 14:49 PM

Hitler thinks this patch is balanced, we all know he isn't a fanboi.
7 Apr 2014, 15:08 PM

7 Apr 2014, 16:17 PM
Patrion 15

So much bias in this post. The part about dp guards being bad was my favorite
7 Apr 2014, 18:51 PM

lol
Dunno if I'm weird or what, but even before the patch, I always had a better winrate with germans (and with 0 DLC commanders).

So did I.

Not that I dislike this patch, I'm not having a hard time as Soviets right now in 1v1, and team games have always been skewed towards Germans.
7 Apr 2014, 19:52 PM
Donator 11

best part is katitof saying he is rank 200 with germans like it means something... i have been rank 100 when i didnt even try, the matchmaker just gave me easy opponents i didnt have to win more than 10 games. Rank 100 doesnt mean shit in coh2 and rank 200 is laughable to be used as a argument in any shape or form.

I have seen one upgraded guard squad in cover wipe 2 charging gren squads in seconds... i guess i should run to the forum and cry now then?

7 Apr 2014, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2014, 19:52 PMspajn
best part is katitof saying he is rank 200 with germans like it means something... i have been rank 100 when i didnt even try, the matchmaker just gave me easy opponents i didnt have to win more than 10 games. Rank 100 doesnt mean shit in coh2 and rank 200 is laughable to be used as a argument in any shape or form.

I have seen one upgraded guard squad in cover wipe 2 charging gren squads in seconds... i guess i should run to the forum and cry now then?

Umm, thats exactly my point.
I've made it to 2(yes, its below 100 now) digit rang without even trying, because germans are so balanced derp.
I started playing 1v1 seriously this patch, before it I was just 2v2 player.
8 Apr 2014, 10:43 AM

Grenadiers do seem a bit too good at beating conscripts, and conscripts aren't really useful as a combat unit later on without PPSH upgrades...

Oh what's that? Everyone already knows this? Oh OK well do you know about rifle nades killing MGs? That too...

Dis was a waste of time
10 Apr 2014, 09:24 AM

Umm, thats exactly my point.
I've made it to 2(yes, its below 100 now) digit rang without even trying, because germans are so balanced derp.
I started playing 1v1 seriously this patch, before it I was just 2v2 player.

Set your Player Card in your profile, dude. It's not that hard.
KATIKOF Playercard:
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198009261973

It's nice to see how you become an Axis player now that the patch made them more OP. Before that patch you were a Soviet Player deffending Soviet OP units/strategies while your german gameplay was poor in numbers. It seems you take care more in your numbers than in objective thoughs of the game.

Good players tend to play Both factions and probably, try more on the unbalanced one (except 1v1 players because the risk loosing the rank is too heavy).

In my case (mostly german player), I ate too much shit from Soviet OP strats (before patch) trying to improve new strategies with germans to solve it. Now I agree that Germans are OP that's why I try to play other factions.

I still keep my ~85 rank in 2v2 AT but after my 17 games as soviet we won 4-0 , 9-1 and 3-0 (Early game is unbalanced but if you pick good docrines with heavy tanks you can crush your enemy. ISU-152 + mark and the other player with IS-2)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight