Login

russian armor

New patch, KV-8 still OP

raw
5 Apr 2014, 19:52 PM

I am pretty convinced that something is wrong with turret turn times on the KV-8. Sometimes it seems to ignore all player input and just does nothing until it gets hit or shaken.
raw
5 Apr 2014, 19:53 PM

A KV-8 backs off if it goes into combat with a PIV. The soviet knows the kv-8 cannot scratch it, and he will try to drive it away as fast as possible. Kv-8's typically stay away from heavy At buildups that include armor. Killing the tank isnt the only way to get rid of it, which many people seem to not know. Actually play soviets for once. You'll find they arent the trump all tread everywhere kind of tank that you think it is. I find it really funny that you do not know your enemy because you have never been in his shoes. That is why you do not know what you are talking about, and that is why no one will take you seriously. A one sided argument all about the Germans. You know, if the Soviets actually went up against a good german player, he would actually need brains to keep it alive and kill for its worth.

This is very wrong by the way, KV-8 now wins handily vs. PzIVs
5 Apr 2014, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 19:53 PMraw

This is very wrong by the way, KV-8 now wins handily vs. PzIVs

5 Apr 2014, 23:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The level of sarcasm is too damn high!

5 Apr 2014, 23:42 PM

The level of sarcasm is too damn high!

When its impossible to tell, always assume the worst.
8 Apr 2014, 15:05 PM

Permanently Banned
KV8 Crazy Fire + 2 3 or 4 AT's + Shock's NFS + Cons Magic Grenades GG

Tiger Ace don't take chance lol
9 Apr 2014, 12:28 PM

I mean, it's logical that something more expensive is better... Loosing a german tank is more punnishing than loosing a soviet tank, I think it's obvious.

Damned ! We've get conned ! It means IS2 should be better than tiger, conscript the same as grenader, and so on... Damned !!

Sorry i have to tell it :P

9 Apr 2014, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 15:05 PMBravus
KV8 Crazy Fire + 2 3 or 4 AT's + Shock's NFS + Cons Magic Grenades GG

Tiger Ace don't take chance lol

Field guns counter a tiger ace, who knew?

The bitching about KV-8 + field guns is done by players who haven't figured out that there is a 4th German tier.
9 Apr 2014, 13:10 PM

Field guns counter a tiger ace, who knew?

The bitching about KV-8 + field guns is done by players who haven't figured out that there is a 4th German tier.

Lol, I just love this guys who have no idea how much sweat a panther costs, or have no idea about the timing of unit appearance in the game. But, like I said, everybody has the right to an opinion :).
9 Apr 2014, 13:28 PM

Lol, I just love this guys who have no idea how much sweat a panther costs, or have no idea about the timing of unit appearance in the game. But, like I said, everybody has the right to an opinion :).

I'm ranked top 50 with Germans 1v1. Just because you don't know how to play Germans, doesn't mean I don't.
Neo
9 Apr 2014, 13:30 PM

KV8's DPS is a little high.

Once the rest of the late game is balanced, I'd like to see the DPS tweaked downwards just a touch.

Neo
9 Apr 2014, 13:32 PM

everybody has the right to an opinion :).

The more you keep saying this to back up your own biased and clueless statements, the more I am reminded of this quote:

9 Apr 2014, 13:54 PM

Has anyone actually seen SSHeini and Nullist in the same place at the same time?
9 Apr 2014, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 13:32 PMNeo

The more you keep saying this to back up your own biased and clueless statements, the more I am reminded of this quote:

Dear Sir I have to draw your attention that you are breaking your own advice, you are not ignoring me....
More than this your rudness level it's truly OP.
9 Apr 2014, 14:18 PM

For all the German players who are struggling against KV-8 + field guns + shocks, here is a guide (this is also useful against other soviet builds):

Step 1: Don't start the game by selecting elite troops regardless of your opponents commanders, you noob. This commander has little to offer in terms of countering the Soviet combo.

Step 2: Have a commander with a recon plane in it. More on this later. I recommend Joint Operations, though Spearhead or one of the two luftwaffe doctrines are also good choices.

Step 3: Don't get owned in the early game, strive to have at least half the map. If you get owned in the early game, you will likely lose in the late game, regardless of the soviets unit combination.

Step 4: Determine what your opponent is going for in the late game. This is where the recon plane comes in. You will want to scan your opponents tech. Depending on how the game is going, the timing of when you need to do this varies and takes some experience to get optimal results. Try to keep track on how much fuel your opponent has.

When you scan the opponents base, you can see 1 of 3 things.

1) Soviet has T3 up. This means T34/76s, halftracks or T70s. These can pose a threat early and can push your infantry back quite a lot. Get your own T3 as a response if you want to play it safe. Call in a tiger later on for heavy fire power. If you want to take a risk, get other AT like a PAK43 + panzerschreks, or two or so pak40s, plant some mines etc. Doing the latter makes you more defensive, but can give you an edge later on with T4 units.

2) The soviets have T4 up: Just go for T4 yourself. What is he going to do? Baserush you with SU85s? There is no need to go for T3.

3) No Soviet tech. This means call-ins, likely supported with field guns. There are several things that can happen: KV-1 at 8cp, KV-8 at 9cp, T34/85s at 9cp, or the IS-2 at 10cp. You can probably tell from the soviet commanders which it is going to be. have you seen Guards? Yes? Well then only T34/85s. Shocks? Yes? KV-8s probably, depends on which commanders he had. Etc.

You should have enough fuel for a panther at 9 cp. Even so, you should have a pak and some mines ready to assist your panther in AT duties. After the panther, you can get a panzerwerfer to hard-counter the ZIS guns and everything else that has legs. If the ZIS guns are dying, so is the entire soviet build. Depending on how the game goes, you can then start to save up for either a burmbar or another panther. I love going for the brumbar, because can stun enemy tanks and destroy infantry squads. (pro-tip: use target ground with the brummbar for maximum damage output against infantry.

There are ways to play germans other than elite troops G43 spam into P4 spam into TA. Use your brain. And teller mines. A brain and teller mines are all you need.
9 Apr 2014, 14:25 PM

There's a doctrine with Guards and the ISU-152 I must point out...
9 Apr 2014, 14:36 PM

Fair enough.

The counter to this is: panzerwerfer to take out Zis support. Tiger or panther to kill the isu152.
9 Apr 2014, 14:55 PM

Yeah, but does anyone really try to forgo tech just to bring out an ISU. It would leave them very vulnerable and static.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 25
Russian Federation 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak